Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How much credit will AJ deserve if he wins the rematch?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
    How could you know that? Can you tell he future? It seems more likely he gets beat again. Ruiz should not have been such a big underdog, He almost beat Parker and Parker did not lose to AJ by that much. Ruiz showed AJ had some weaknesses and was overrated. Ruiz can beat him again.
    Most under dogs lose.

Comment

Let's not beat around the bush her we all know why Joshua didn't bring it okay.it was T.U.E.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
        Ruiz was an 11 to 1 dog.

And Joshua should get a fair amount to a great amount of credit if he wins depending how it all goes down obviously. The guy who gets KO'd in a relatively one sided fight overwhelmingly loses the rematch & usually early then they got KO'd or lost the first time. See my mfer Dogboe & Machado in recents months. So Joshua reversing the L isn't something that happens THAT much so he'll deserve some credit.
        - -Floyd Patterson got credit galore from reversing Ingo's bingo and so on and so forth.

Comment

At boliodogs I just have a feeling that the rematch will reveal how easy it should have been the first time.an Ruiz will be looked at as a fraud.

Comment

not sure how much credit he'll get from fans for beating a guy who he was supposed to beat in the first place...but he deserves credit for immediately going back in with a guy who just soundly defeated him, especially considering he was hurt and ko'd. one thing he has going for him mentally is that he was winning, dropped ruiz and got clipped being over aggressive going for the kill. he'll probably question why he was unable recover, but will believe he can stay out of that type of situation in the rematch.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
              I've been thinking about Lennox a lot in relation to this situation cuz he basically got upset twice by KO in brutal fashion & avenged both L's by KO which isn't something you see a whole lot let alone twice by a guy. Respect to Lennox's impressive KO upset reversing ability.

The closest situation to Joshua's current situation was the Rahman L. He got blasted out in 5 & then 7 months later blasted Rahman in 4.

The McCall II fight took 2.5yrs to setup.
              After the McCall fight they had to work on somethings. Lennox was putting too much effort into that right hand. He had the God given ability to learn and employ it.

He can be the example why you just don't discount a fighter if he looses. Too many fan boys here give up to quickly or say that the fighter got exposed.

This is boxing, theater of the unknown.

Comment

If Joshua wins the rematch, then he would have achieved an amazing feat; Because there are not too many fighters in the history of boxing have comeback to regain their titles in an immediate rematch after a knockout loss. Therefore, he would get full credit.

Comment

Originally posted by QueensburyRules View Post
                  - -Floyd Patterson got credit galore from reversing Ingo's bingo and so on and so forth.
                  The era's are so completely different now it's not fair to compare the two.

AJ fans need to now become Ruiz fans and hope he wins more big fights.

Personally I think Ruiz is decent or a step better than decent. I also think that what he does do well just happens to also be AJ's kryptonite. What he does well could be anybody's kryptonite though. Let me just say I'm looking as forward to him fighting other top HW now as I am to the rematch. I still think Wilder will put both Ruiz and AJ to sleep.

Comment

He gets Credit...however things don't get any easier after that

That is why I keep Expressing that they have to let him get right mentally. His Promoting running around saying "He Is Happy He Lost" "He Feels Relieved That He Lost" well I hope that is not true for AJ Sake!

Fury, Wilder are even more difficult fights for him and you have Usyk who right now should be feeling VERY VERY CONFIDENT vs AJ Style. These Heavyweight Fighters Sizes won't be a issue for Usyk after all because besides Fury most of them lack skills and can be out-boxed

I been posting for awhile that "I Love Usyk Chances Vs AJ" because he is the slowest and the stiffest of them all. I really believe that now! Lets see how he looks at Heavyweight vs Takam first though. Usyk is the backup plan, if AJ doesn't beat Ruiz in the rematch, Usyk is in position just in case.
                    Last edited by sicko; 06-24-2019, 02:46 PM.

Comment

Win or lose the rematch... I would still want to see AJ vs Wilder... AJ vs Fury... somewhere down the road.

If Ruiz loses... I would want to see Ruiz vs Ortiz, or Ruiz vs Miller, or even the rematch with Parker.

Comment

Working...
                      X