Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How much credit will AJ deserve if he wins the rematch?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To my mind, he'll deserve huge credit because he'll be coming back from a knockout loss and Ruiz's style is all wrong for him. To get the win in those circumstances shows a lot of character.

As far as fans are concerned much depends on how he wins, he AJ knocks him out he'll get a lot of credit, but if he moves around to a boring UD 12 many will criticise him (even though it's his best avenue to victory).
    Last edited by Weebler I; 06-24-2019, 04:03 AM.

Comment

I'm uncomfortable with idea josh.might not get credit. I mean it was almost a crime to underestimate ruiz in first fight so to do it again is insane. People who know boxing knew ruiz was a live opponent before he beat josh.

Comment

I wouldn't give him too much credit. He should have done it the 1st time around with ease.

Comment

Originally posted by hugh grant View Post
          I'm uncomfortable with idea josh.might not get credit. I mean it was almost a crime to underestimate ruiz in first fight so to do it again is insane. People who know boxing knew ruiz was a live opponent before he beat josh.
          People who know boxing made Andy a big under dog and I doubt anyone picked him to win by KO/TKO

Comment

big props if he wins rematch, he took a beating and brain damage in the first fight.

Ruiz is the best btw both until proven otherwise...

Comment

He won't win.

Ruiz will always land something early and Joshua knows that.

Joshua will be cautious and stay behind his jab, but eventually he will get sloppy and Ruiz will get inside and light him up.

Joshua is done, the robot malfunctioned and is now scrap.

Comment

Originally posted by Curtis Harper View Post
                People who know boxing made Andy a big under dog and I doubt anyone picked him to win by KO/TKO
                He was a bigger underdog than he should have been really because he was underrated by some. Ruiz was a top ten in reality.
                Boxers lose its how you come back that's important. No wonder some boxers try being unbeaten at any cost by never fighting out of backyard or getting advantages.
                If Josh wins rematch it lends credibility to idea josh just had bad day at office in first fight
                Last edited by hugh grant; 06-24-2019, 04:31 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by hugh grant View Post
                  He was a bigger underdog than he should have been really because he was underrated by some. Ruiz was a top ten in reality.
                  Boxers lose its how you come back that's important. No wonder some boxers try being unbeaten at any cost by never fighting out of backyard or getting advantages.
                  If Josh wins rematch it lends credibility to idea josh just had bad day at office in first fight
                  I makes me laugh when a person says ''people who know boxing picked so and so'' and it turns out to be the opposite

Sure some people picked Andy but not the majority. Would it be a wild assumption most who picked Andy were Hispanic.

AJ did indeed have a bad day at the office vs Andy. Upsets happen and the ''upsetter'' is usually exposed.

Comment

Originally posted by Curtis Harper View Post
                    ic.

AJ did indeed have a bad day at the office vs Andy. Upsets happen and the ''upsetter'' is usually exposed.
                    But you will give Josh credit for winning rematch won't you?
                    Josh got exposed and people saying wasn't that good in first place? But that's why coming back from adversity is important. To give Josh another chance for praise and to make you believe the praise was justified. True champs come back.
                    Last edited by hugh grant; 06-24-2019, 04:58 AM.

Comment

Well, the odds will be closer next time, that's for sure. It's clear now that everybody was sleeping on Ruiz the first time. I do think he'd deserve credit for throwing himself right back in and coming out on top when he had such a torrid and miserable time in the first fight. How you go about responding to adversity says more about your character than how you conduct yourself when on top.

However, I really don't think he'll be back where he was until he gets a win over the other top two.

Comment

Working...
                      X