• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fury was robbed against Wilder.

Comment

This is pretty damn sad.

Arum says he can do May/Pac numbers tho hahahahahahahaha

Comment

I love it. Fury is a bum and deserves to fail.

Comment

Thats even worse than Wilder v Breazeale and that one stunk real bad. Is Boxing dead in America or what? Sounds like from this latest round of Heavyweight fights it was the Anthony Joshua one that did the best numbers in America, and in the UK, and around the world.

Comment

Not bad numbers considering. It'll be much higher when people tune in to watch Fury destroy Wilder.

Comment

Originally posted by bigdunny1 View Post
              Yikes. all that spin from Bob arum about how fury is some super star a combination of Muhammad Ali and George Foreman and they couldn't even generate 900K at the box office. And they paid him $12.5M for that shytty azzz fight SMH
              He said he'll turn him into a superstar. Fury is an investment, and a very sound one at that.

Don't forget that Tyson is the real deal, he's not a unskilled bum like Wilder or a bulked up weightlifter like AJ. He'll smash America in due time.

Comment

DAMMMMNNNN It sure blew the UFC card out of the water lol, And 800K for the gate? Just add Wilder and it breaks the May/Pac record right Bob Arum?

Comment

When you launch a new product in the market, you bear the loss in the first yr or two. But if it gets popular, you more than makeup for it. Sportsmen and broadcasting are no different.

The only bad investment is when you invest in the guy but he/she fails. But even then, as an investor and they'll tell you only one investment out of a dozen or more have to work to make it a profitable business.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingIsGreat View Post
                    Good point. I also wondered that. I don't care about the business side at all, but how do you make 1 million gate and be able to pay Fury 12 million?

I'm not math smart. I still don't get where the purses and profits will come from.
                    Originally posted by bigdunny1 View Post
                    Yikes. all that spin from Bob arum about how fury is some super star a combination of Muhammad Ali and George Foreman and they couldn't even generate 900K at the box office. And they paid him $12.5M for that shytty azzz fight SMH
                    Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
                    Not surprising. It was a complete bs fight.

I mean ffs this ain't a complicated thing to promote boxing at some level. And putting a UK guy without a bunch of belts in with a German guy even hardcore boxing fans don't know at among the hyped of boxing venues in the world that happens to be in neither fighters country is about f#cking r3tarded.
                    Originally posted by denium View Post
                    He said he'll turn him into a superstar. Fury is an investment, and a very sound one at that.

Don't forget that Tyson is the real deal, he's not a unskilled bum like Wilder or a bulked up weightlifter like AJ. He'll smash America in due time.

Originally posted by Zelda View Post
                    When you launch a new product in the market, you bear the loss in the first yr or two. But if it gets popular, you more than makeup for it. Sportsmen and broadcasting are no different.

The only bad investment is when you invest in the guy but he/she fails. But even then, as an investor and they'll tell you only one investment out of a dozen or more have to work to make it a profitable business.
                    What Eff Pandas said there is true ... but Arum isn't retarded!

He knows that Fury isn't just a a very talented boxer, he's a natural and charismatic performer too. Give him a stage, and a crowd, and he'll give you a show.

An investment is the right way to look at Fury/Schwartz.

I'm sure Arum knew that the event itself was going to cost him money. But after the event, footage of Fury's ring walk, and him slipping salvos of punches on the ropes without getting touched, went viral on the internet and got a lot attention in the mainstream media.

That's going to pay dividends going forward. I'm expecting Fury's next fight in the US to be against a live opponent and that it will sell very well indeed.

Comment

Originally posted by kafkod View Post
                      What Eff Pandas said there is true ... but Arum isn't retarded!

He knows that Fury isn't just a a very talented boxer, he's a natural and charismatic performer too. Give him a stage, and a crowd, and he'll give you a show.

An investment is the right way to look at Fury/Schwartz.

I'm sure Arum knew that the event itself was going to cost him money. But after the event, footage of Fury's ring walk, and him slipping salvos of punches on the ropes without getting touched, went viral on the internet and got a lot attention in the mainstream media.

That's going to pay dividends going forward. I'm expecting Fury's next fight in the US to be against a live opponent and that it will sell very well indeed.
                      Bob Arum knows exactly what he's doing and knows how to make money. I'm sure all the businessmen on here know better than him though..........

Comment

Working...
                      X