Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BoxOfficer View Post
    ....Exactly....
    Originally posted by Mario040481 View Post
    Clearly you missed Max telling us that Schwartz was a #2 ranked contender according to one of the sanctioning bodies...or maybe he just said Schwartz IS a #2 and the big stool Fury left in the ring?
    Please my friend...that lazy german was put yesterday in ratings to pleased Arum, WBO was convinced by Top Rank to put him there...and you know that, you know that little tom is a bum, an opponent to did Fury looked good....only that and everybody know that fact...

Comment

• Originally posted by MELLOMAN007 View Post
      LMAO! Next time he will label the man the Heavyweight Sugar Ray Robinson! Timmy needs to sit down somewhere...
      I've been calling him Sweet Pea in Goliaths body for years.

We have never seen a fighter like Fury and never will again.

Comment

• Originally posted by GFunk23 View Post
        Everyone should lay off Fury. He beat Wilder and was robbed and then gets offered $100m by ESPN, what would any of us do? Wilder, Joshua, they have all had soft touches, what’s the problem with Fury having one?
        Nothing at all ,he just shouldn’t say he is giving his entire purse to charity and then when asked he reminds us he is lineal champion

Comment

• Snickers' stock took a nose-dive after this fight....

Comment

• Originally posted by LoadedWraps View Post

more like sweet corn

Comment

• Originally posted by Noelanthony View Post
              more like sweet corn
              Creamed corn,hes one corny mofo

Comment

• Originally posted by Zelda View Post
                Listen, I made it pretty clear that I may not agree with the rankings, but it is what it is on paper.

When Ruiz - Joshua fight was announced, he was not top 10 in any list. Later, one of the bodies ranked him as top 10. I also think that Schwarz being ranked so high is a complete joke and tells about the sad state of WBO. But it is fact that Ruiz was outside of top 10 in rankings and had not beaten any top 10 either.

I am going by official rankings not what people "feel". To me, WBC seems to be the most legit of all sanctioning bodies even though they too may have their own flaws. But it is what it is.
                If Ruiz wasn't ranked in the top ten when he fought Joshua he should have been but I acknowledge that you were stating what was and not what should have been. When Ruiz and Parker fought it was for the vacant WBO heavyweight belt which tells me that at the time they were both top ten (probably one and two) with the WBO. So the conclusion to the matter is that the rankings are pretty much a joke. This is discouraging to me as a fan but I'm sure it is much more discouraging to fighters.

Comment

• Originally posted by LoadedWraps View Post

I hope you're right, especially the part about never again.

Comment

• Originally posted by OldTerry View Post
                    If Ruiz wasn't ranked in the top ten when he fought Joshua he should have been but I acknowledge that you were stating what was and not what should have been.

When Ruiz and Parker fought it was for the vacant WBO heavyweight belt which tells me that at the time they were both top ten (probably one and two) with the WBO. So the conclusion to the matter is that the rankings are pretty much a joke. This is discouraging to me as a fan but I'm sure it is much more discouraging to fighters.
                    That does not say a lot. Did you know that Schwarz is also the #2 ranked in WBO? They also got Zhang, Spong, Fa, and Fujimoto as their top 10. That doesn't make them any better.

There is a good reason why WBC is regarded as the most prestigious amongst the sanctioning bodies and why neutral ones - Ring and TBRB and BoxRec - gained more popularity amongst fans.

Comment

• Originally posted by Zelda View Post
                      That does not say a lot. Did you know that Schwarz is also the #2 ranked in WBO? They also got Zhang, Spong, Fa, and Fujimoto as their top 10. That doesn't make them any better.

There is a good reason why WBC is regarded as the most prestigious amongst the sanctioning bodies and why neutral ones - Ring and TBRB and BoxRec - gained more popularity amongst fans.
                      Didn't know that but I do now and it's an eye opener. Thank you. Doesn't say much for AJ or Fury though since the WBO provided them both with their last opponents.

Comment

Working...
                      X