No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Tyson Fury Demolishes Tom Schwarz in Two Rounds

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by TJ highway View Post
    Like I said If you paid for ESPN +, you were the loser tonight!
    Boy, they really stole that 5 bucks from me. I am so ashamed.

Comment

• Originally posted by boxingfan4ever View Post
      WILDER is going to post a big right hand in your boyfriend Fury chin....
      That's my hope as well. What Fury does against good fighters is he avoids really fighting. As an entertainer Fury is pretty good but he is not what I call a fighter. His fights are predictable and dull.

Comment

• Originally posted by Zelda View Post
        Three things I got from the fight tonight

1. How on earth was this Schwarz guy unbeaten? Has he been fighting even bigger bums all his life? and a Euro title holder? and WBO # 2? Makes both Euro boxing and WBO look like jokes.

2. Fury is a great showman that can make even fighting bums look good and interesting. He's got character and, yes I agree with Bob, he's going to be a big star in America. His dressing room behaviour, his dressing in US flag, his wife coming on stage and the song will all resonate well with the US public.

3. The top 3 HWs in the world fought 3 unknowns within a span of one month. I may disagree with some of the rankings of the opponents but, on paper, it is what it is.
        • One fought a #4 ranked WBC mandatory challenger and dispatched him by a spectacular power knockout in the first round.
        • The second fought a #2 ranked WBO opponent, and won by a great show of skills in the 2nd round.
        • The third fought an out-of-shape guy outside of top 10, got his ass handed to him in the fight and quit, losing his belts in the process.

A great month of HW boxing it has been.
        Your comment is dead on up to the last part about #4. Andy Ruiz is an outstanding fighter who had a fantastic amateur career and fought in the Olympics. His only loss as a professional was against Joseph Parker by split decision. Many thought Ruiz should have gotten the decision. Joseph Parker was the WBO champion when he fought AJ and it was a 12 round fight with AJ getting the decision. So in my opinion your knock on Ruiz is borne from lack of knowledge about him.

Comment

• Originally posted by TaurusJ27 View Post
          Great jab Fury has.
          Wilder would have dispatched Schwarz faster than he dispatched Breazeale.

Comment

• Originally posted by kushking View Post
            I knew this guy was the absolutely most trash eurobum ever (didn't watch the fight)but after watching your gif it was clearly a bum who was paid to take a dive. He literally didn't even want to look like he wasn't paid off. This was worse than heiland vs charlo.
            Took a dive? My thoughts exactly. Schwarz actually got a decision in one of his fights by demanding the referee disqualify an opponent over a nothing infraction, which the referee promptly did. His opponent (another nothing fighter) was beating Schwarz in that fight. Boxing can be very crooked and yes fight outcomes can be predetermined just like in professional wrestling.

Comment

• Originally posted by OldTerry View Post
              Your comment is dead on up to the last part about #4. Andy Ruiz is an outstanding fighter who had a fantastic amateur career and fought in the Olympics. His only loss as a professional was against Joseph Parker by split decision. Many thought Ruiz should have gotten the decision. Joseph Parker was the WBO champion when he fought AJ and it was a 12 round fight with AJ getting the decision. So in my opinion your knock on Ruiz is borne from lack of knowledge about him.
              Listen, I made it pretty clear that I may not agree with the rankings, but it is what it is on paper.

When Ruiz - Joshua fight was announced, he was not top 10 in any list. Later, one of the bodies ranked him as top 10. I also think that Schwarz being ranked so high is a complete joke and tells about the sad state of WBO. But it is fact that Ruiz was outside of top 10 in rankings and had not beaten any top 10 either.

I am going by official rankings not what people "feel". To me, WBC seems to be the most legit of all sanctioning bodies even though they too may have their own flaws. But it is what it is.

Comment

• I get it now. He is fought this guy so he could make people beleive that he is a proper heavyweight bone crusher. Ohhh pillow hands you scoundrel!

Comment

• Is no justice in that when Wilder and Ruiz jr. are waiting to fight against two of the best 5 heavyweights of today in Ortiz and Joshua, Fury are declaring that he is the "lineal heavyweight champion" and the number 1, fighting with a lazy taxi drivers....come on Fury, in your next step in the ring be prove yourself against White, Parker or Pulev and defend your self proclamation that your greatest.....

Comment

• Originally posted by BoxOfficer View Post
                    ....Exactly....
                    Exactly...and Wilder knock Fury outs two times...and like you or not, was a disputed draw...much different...

Comment

• Fury has the best movements and tactics of the hw division. He is a great technician. He's not as powerful as wilder (also because Wilder's blows are heymakers w/o a technique).

But...

1) Schwarz is really a subpar fighter, surely worse than Breazeale and much, much, much worse than Ruiz
                      2) Wilder has a chin, as showed against both Ortiz and Fury himself, so even leaving his body uncovered when throwing mad punches, he never went down

That said I hope Fury fights a good boxer next time.

Comment

Working...
                      X