Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What the hell was wrong with Joshua tonight?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally I just put it down to the shots he took in round 3.

But watching him again he looked really off. Before the fight he looked like a guy who was full of nerves and going out of his way to appear calm.

I noticed that in some of his interviews as well over the last few days where he started slowly shadow boxing while taking!

He was tight in those first couple of rounds. He was weird with his corner. Almost as if he thought he was the one who should be giving the insights. Like he got well above his station. I don't think I've ever seen a boxer like that before - especially not one who should clearly be focusing on getting some deep breaths in.

When he took the KDs he looked more embarrassed than determined.

Basically, I think he just fell completely to bits under pressure.

Comment

I feel like the pressure just got the better of him. I have been to many AJ fights here in the U.K. and his whole demeanour from before the fight and during the fight wasn’t normal.

Anyway this loss may be the best thing for his career for the long term as he will have to go back to the basics.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
        he got punched by a pro HW who was aggressive. you could tell joshua didn't like it when ruiz would throw back. kept him from doing the big, fast things that hurt guys and kept him confident.

been saying this for a while, he fights in spots for a bunch of reasons. when he's throwing shots he's the most dangerous fighter in teh division, even moreso than wilder, because he's accurate and he's so fast and powerful. ruiz took those spots away and made him look [and feel] ordinary.

the big kid got bullied and he didn't like it. i would have let him continue but i have no issues with the ref reading his body language and stopping it. spat the mouthpiece, didn't say a damn word about wanting to continue, literally smiling about it.

just got f#cking knocked out by andy ruiz.

i feel bad for joshua. i really do. hearn ruined this kid. turned him into a diva and the kind of dude who reacts like that in adversity. i really believe that. remember how he reacted against klistchko? what's changed other than fame and fortune and a promoter handing you the world? he's a better fighter, fighting a lesser puncher who is 6 inches shorter. so what gives?

i would be lying if i told you i won't be enjoying watching the brits stewing over this one. it's going to be sweet. joshua is the best you've had since lennox lewis. the fangirlism from all of you should feel embarassing and shameful.

FFFS you called wilder beyonce for years and your guy gets knocked out by andy ruiz AND SMILES ABOUT IT

PPS:
        USA
        Well said

Comment

Originally posted by Szef View Post
          Talking to his trainer beetwen the rounds, after the fight he was hugging everybody, smiling, he looked like he was happy he lost.

Did he have a concussion? Or does he have no heart? Was he high?

Wtf it so bizzare.
          It was bizarre, that's not a man who fought Klitschko.

Comment

Originally posted by NahMean View Post
            I think the pressure put on him was too much. With Wilder beating Breazeale in 1 round he needed to impress. He said it post fight against Povetkin the pressure is getting to him. He hired a sports psychologist which is telling.. I think the new country and expectations by his fans made him crumble. Its almost like weight was lifted from his shoulders after that loss so he was happy and relieved. He either builds himself back up and comes back or he's just not mentally cut out for it.

Thing is round 3 if he kept his cool he could have took Ruiz out too. He got exposed today. Gotta love boxing.. So happy for Ruiz and Mexico such a nice guy, congratulations he deserved it. Just a shame we didn't get the biggest fight of our lifetime.. Stupid people trying to marinate fights, well everyone including them lost out now.
            this really shows how re traded wilder is running scared from Joshua. wilder could have made a ton of money beating PED joshua

Comment

Wilder early ko had him shook, he said he didn’t want to keep the uk fans up long. Tbh he looked nervous

Comment

the Pillsbury dough boy beats a giant PED monster. even ruiz looked like s hit. his arms were so short amazing he was able to hit Joshua. ruiz stood right in front of Joshua no head movement and Joshua was treating him like a 22 year old tyson

Comment

Originally posted by diplo View Post
                  Well according to some member (in every sense of the word) on here called Robbie Barrett (I think?), it was a bad stoppage. Lol.
                  I'm surprised he hasn't killed himself yet; him, sidknee, and lfc19titles. The only thing they post about is AJ and how terrible Wilder is. I'm just happy we don't have to watch another lame ass 25 minute ring walk from AJ again.

Comment

Was it me or did it look like Joshua’s dad and Hearn where arguing after the fight?

There was so many strange things going on yesterday.

Anyway congrats to Ruiz and I look forward to the rematch.

Comment

• Originally posted by Szef View Post
                      Talking to his trainer beetwen the rounds, after the fight he was hugging everybody, smiling, he looked like he was happy he lost.

Did he have a concussion? Or does he have no heart? Was he high?

Wtf it so bizzare.
                      Couldn't handle the pressure of being in America. He never wanted to fight here. He was forced to

Comment

Working...
                      X