Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What the hell was wrong with Joshua tonight?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Skip Bayless View Post
    Wilder early ko had him shook, he said he didn’t want to keep the uk fans up long. Tbh he looked nervous
    AJ wanted a viral hit knockout like Wilder had done.

Instead of boxing safely like he did against Parker, he jumped straight into the exchanges and got nailed by a more experienced inside fighter.

Indirectly, Wilder defeated Joshua.

Comment

• AJ unfortunately has a glass jaw. remember it took him 5 rounds to recover from the Wlad KD. he was literally stiff and not throwing for 5 rounds.

Wlad didn't press the issue and just pumped a jab.

Ruiz didn't let AJ recover. he kept hitting him to the body which worsened things for AJ.

Comment

• Originally posted by Deontay Wilder View Post
        AJ wanted a viral hit knockout like Wilder had done.

Instead of boxing safely like he did against Parker, he jumped straight into the exchanges and got nailed by a more experienced inside fighter.

Indirectly, Wilder defeated Joshua.

Quick, mail boxrec and get them to update Wilder's record.... he turned down $100m but still gets the "W".

Comment

• Both Wilder and Joshua screwed up by not fighting each other. The avoidance game or marinating as it's called now caught up to them. AJ may have been sick before this fight or he just can't take flush punches. In any event the big payday is over

Comment

• What's with all the excuses for AJ?

Ruiz kicked his ass, can it not be that simple? He was looking at his corner and looking out-of-it because he had no idea this chubby dude was going to come out swinging like Tyson and clubbing his head like a tennis ball.

They had no plan B, and Joshua didn't know how to react

Comment

• Originally posted by HeadShots View Post
              AJ unfortunately has a glass jaw. remember it took him 5 rounds to recover from the Wlad KD. he was literally stiff and not throwing for 5 rounds.

Wlad didn't press the issue and just pumped a jab.

Ruiz didn't let AJ recover. he kept hitting him to the body which worsened things for AJ.
              Exactly, Ruiz is a LOT smarter than people give him credit for.

He was calm, calculated and fought a near perfect fight.

Comment

• Originally posted by BigZ44 View Post
                I think the way the question was worded threw him off a bit with that. I think what he was trying to convey was that, if he was going to suffer a KO loss, he would have preferred it to come in that big unification against Wilder, not that he was wishing to get knocked out by Wilder
                This is exactly how I took it also.

Comment

• AJ is who he is, a manufactured hype job. This is what it looks like when your delusion is shattered. It's not odd, it's not weird, it's not shocking, it is what it is.

Comment

• Yeah I agree with the face that Joshua went into to the fight to finish it off early like Wilder did. But Ruiz Jr. knew what was about to come and schooled him for it, can't take anything away from Ruiz so I ain't going to attempt to.

Comment

• The 3rd round took a lot out of him.

Comment

Working...
                      X