No announcement yet.

Andy Ruiz v AJ - Obese boxer, never fought a 12 rounder

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
    He's been 12 before. But yea its underwhelming for sure regardless of how many donuts Ruiz is from a heart attack.

Thing is idk if there was a win to be had here once Big Baby effed up the show.

Ruiz is a fat ass.

Hunter is a lil unproven HW.

Ortiz woulda been a win, if that whole thing hadn't of gone sideways.

Kownacki was too fat & if he'd have gotten the fight he'd probably have looked worse then Ruiz.

The Whyte rematch woulda been a great late sub fight IF the fight was in the UK.

So yea its underwhelming, but idk what they coulda done except cancel the date or went back to the UK. And I'm kinda thinking DAZN is pushing Joshua into the US more than Joshua &/or Eddie were planning on bringing the show to the US.
    Don't forget this fight was never planned for the US. Joshua was supposed to be fighting at Wembley on April 13. It was never a strategically planned move.

So add Wilder, Fury and Whyte (prior to Miller's PEDs) to that list.

Comment

Originally posted by Toffee View Post
      Don't forget this fight was never planned for the US. Joshua was supposed to be fighting at Wembley on April 13. It was never a strategically planned move.

So add Wilder, Fury and Whyte (prior to Miller's PEDs) to that list.
      I thought Miller was the plan from day 1 when they had that awkward face to face at the DAZN launch. I even mentioned it at the time and was called an idiot.

even made a joke about how bored the dark skinned guy in the background looks at the prospect of the fight

*kanye shrug*

Comment

Originally posted by _Rexy_ View Post
        I thought at both weigh ins he's looked slimmer than I had seen him, and then got surprised when he weighed more.

268 going into the AJ fight, and he was 262 in his last fight, but he looks in better shape than when he fought at 250 last year.
        He was holding his stomach in at the weigh in.

You will see tonight that he isn’t slimmer than his last fight lol. He’s heavier and in the case of Ruiz it just means more fat.

He’s about 5’11 and 4ft wide. He could make cruiserweight or even 175 if he wasn’t such a slob

Comment

Originally posted by Toffee View Post
          Not sure what you mean. Of course June 1 in the US was planned.

The April date never got off the ground. It doesn't even sound like they were serious about making Whyte an offer the way Whyte states it.

And I suspect DAZN pushed them to make that move cuz Joshua in the UK isn't doing anything for DAZN.

Comment

The fat a$$ won’t leave the Oreos alone he said his weight would be closer to 250 or so and he comes in at 268.Hes going to use his body odor and sweaty salty body to slime AJ ghostbusters style to get the win.

Comment

Originally posted by deathofaclown View Post
              He was holding his stomach in at the weigh in.

You will see tonight that he isn’t slimmer than his last fight lol. He’s heavier and in the case of Ruiz it just means more fat.

He’s about 5’11 and 4ft wide. He could make cruiserweight or even 175 if he wasn’t such a slob
              He poses like that at all the weigh ins. He looks leaner IMO. In the face, the arms, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by _Rexy_ View Post
                and Andy didn't need cancer causing PED's to drop the weight.

but boxing fans act like this is a damn runway show.
                He also didn’t need a medical exemption like the guy he’s fighting according to D.Whyte.

Comment

Originally posted by abracada View Post
                  I haven’t been this underwhelmed for a big boxing match since Mayweather v the Ghost.

Ruiz have never even fought a 12 round match before, and is one doughnut away from a heart attack.

"pro" "athlete"

lol neither should be used to describe that lard ass. He is in a cardio based sport.

NFL Linebackers are trimmer than that and they only have to run for 5 second bursts.

Comment

When you make a dumb, uneducated statement, and then get called on it, you don't continue to plow ahead. You make yourself look dumber. To save face you just say, "Fair enough, that was a dumb thing to say..." Laugh it off, whatever. But don't plow ahead even after you've been exposed for saying something dumb and exposed for having a lack of knowledge.

Comment

Originally posted by Mrsantiago View Post
                      He also didn’t need a medical exemption like the guy he’s fighting according to D.Whyte.
                      While that’s a convenient story, Dillian Whyte is one of the last people I would believe about anything.

Comment

Working...
                      X