Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thread fail the end lol

Comment

Ruiz is 6 feet 2 (188 cm).

For example Evander Holyfield was 6 2 1/2 (189 cm), and M Ali 6 feet 3 (191 cm). Mike Tyson was just 5 feet 10 (178 cm).

Thus, Andy ain't short for a heavy weight, but his reach is only the same as his body length, whereas some of the guys mentioned above had 10 cm (3-4 inches) longer reach than they were tall.

As for his body weight, Andy was a big child, and I believe he weighted almost 400 pounds at some time. In his pro debut he was 297 pounds.

268 though was more than I expected, as he's only been that big a handful of fights. I hope he has done his running.

As for lasting 12 rounds, I believe Andy can box in a decent tempo for 12 rounds. Just look at the Parker fight.

Considering that Andy lost a close decision away against Parker, and Parker went the distance with AJ, I see no reason why AR cannot go the 12 rounds tonight.

Does Andy have any winning chances? Yes, if he is allowed to box on the inside and his chin can absorb all the damage he will take, I believe he can actually win by decision. I doubt he has the punching power to hurt and knock down AJ, but AJ has been down before, so who knows?

80/20 or 70/30 for AJ, meaning Ruiz has a chance, and I am looking forward to this match. Ruiz has been a gentleman in his interviews coming up to this fight, and if he wins he has just showed that it is determination and skills that can take you all the way, despite once being a 400 pounds big kid. That he is most likely also a clean fighter, something I doubt about AJ is, means I'd be happy to see Andy win. (Look for example at AJ's neck muscles, they look similar to Holyfield's - not natural at all).

So, to the OP and others who thinks this is some sort of a mismatch just because Andy does not look like a pumped up Greek God, please... this is boxing, and in the heavyweight division, who cares what you look like? Andy can box and comes to fight, and that is all I want to see. If Andy wins, it would also be great for boxing. No more of this Wilder/Fury/Joshua **** talk that has been spamming boxing news sites for years now.

Comment

I'm not bothered about the fight either. At least the show goes on I suppose but I'm not buying. If Ruiz had a normal BMI he'd be a middleweight.

Comment

Anything can happen but an out of shape fighter usually cant do sht to a top fighter that actually takes his career seriously. Fat fuks like ruiz are fighters I really dont carry much respect for.

Comment

Its a bad fight. But Ruiz was the best guy they could find at short notice I guess. Blame Miller and Ortiz.

Comment

Originally posted by _Rexy_ View Post
              While that’s a convenient story, Dillian Whyte is one of the last people I would believe about anything.
              Lol. Why not I haven’t seen team AJ respond to tthe allegations. But then again maybe you know better than me. I don’t really follow DWhyte he tries hard but l think he’s not that good more like one of the “best of the rest” but he’s street smart and he talks like he’s Muhammad Ali at times he’s like a heavyweight myorga with more grit.
              Last edited by Mrsantiago; 06-01-2019, 07:45 PM.

Comment

Andy shut a lot of mouths last night.

Comment

Originally posted by nidaros997 View Post
                  Ruiz is 6 feet 2 (188 cm).

For example Evander Holyfield was 6 2 1/2 (189 cm), and M Ali 6 feet 3 (191 cm). Mike Tyson was just 5 feet 10 (178 cm).

Thus, Andy ain't short for a heavy weight, but his reach is only the same as his body length, whereas some of the guys mentioned above had 10 cm (3-4 inches) longer reach than they were tall.

As for his body weight, Andy was a big child, and I believe he weighted almost 400 pounds at some time. In his pro debut he was 297 pounds.

268 though was more than I expected, as he's only been that big a handful of fights. I hope he has done his running.

As for lasting 12 rounds, I believe Andy can box in a decent tempo for 12 rounds. Just look at the Parker fight.

Considering that Andy lost a close decision away against Parker, and Parker went the distance with AJ, I see no reason why AR cannot go the 12 rounds tonight.

Does Andy have any winning chances? Yes, if he is allowed to box on the inside and his chin can absorb all the damage he will take, I believe he can actually win by decision. I doubt he has the punching power to hurt and knock down AJ, but AJ has been down before, so who knows?

80/20 or 70/30 for AJ, meaning Ruiz has a chance, and I am looking forward to this match. Ruiz has been a gentleman in his interviews coming up to this fight, and if he wins he has just showed that it is determination and skills that can take you all the way, despite once being a 400 pounds big kid. That he is most likely also a clean fighter, something I doubt about AJ is, means I'd be happy to see Andy win. (Look for example at AJ's neck muscles, they look similar to Holyfield's - not natural at all).

So, to the OP and others who thinks this is some sort of a mismatch just because Andy does not look like a pumped up Greek God, please... this is boxing, and in the heavyweight division, who cares what you look like? Andy can box and comes to fight, and that is all I want to see. If Andy wins, it would also be great for boxing. No more of this Wilder/Fury/Joshua **** talk that has been spamming boxing news sites for years now.
                  Winning post here.

Comment

I have already posted a thread saying I was wrong, and Ruiz is the real deal.

He outpowered, outthought, outhustled AJ

Comment

Originally posted by abracada View Post
                      I have already posted a thread saying I was wrong, and Ruiz is the real deal.

He outpowered, outthought, outhustled AJ
                      ... Man, I don't know how much "Ruiz is the real deal", but I do know (now) that AJ is not...

Comment

Working...
                      X