Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Hearn on Wilder-Ortiz: It's Embarrassing, Why Not Fight Joshua?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lool i saw someone say AJ only fights washed up bums..the state of this place

Comment

• Originally posted by lion33lit View Post
      What the Ortiz rematch does for Wilder (& Ortiz) is to help them feed their daughters and everybody else (they most likely talked about this weeks ago).

Team-Hearn is so used to running the show with his flat fees and condescending offers that Tyson Fury, Whyte, Ortiz etc,. realized they had to generate some of that available money on their own (Bob & Warren are no fools).

Hearn is the monopoly, everyone else realizes his control over the division with his robot... Wilder previously wanted very badly to square off with him, Hearn was complacent, dismissive - ready to go the route of "risk free" fights if Wilder refused. Arrogance can only get you so far. Hearn is in the situation he's in because he felt he couldnt be touched!

Hearn is the one "embarrassed" and squeeming right now, because he was under the impression heavyweight boxing couldnt endure without his beloved robot involved.... And why not announce it during AJs fight week? The fans know how AJs new little opponent entered the convo. Remember, Fury didnt want the rematch...Wilder tried...the boxing world knows that..
      I like you but this is not about Hearn. Furthermore if Wilder has such a distaste wouldn’t it be that more satisfying taking the belts from AJ and ruling the division. That would also shut up Hearn. They are desperate to make the fight so 40% is the least Wilder would make.

Fans have to be consistent. When AJ was silent like a pet hamster when Wilder was calling him out I kept my mouth shut as his actions didn’t sit well with me. Now Wilder fans are promoting being business savvy. Lmao

Comment

• Originally posted by hitking View Post
        I think I understand what Wilder is doing from a business standpoint. But as a boxing fan, there’s no defending this move. I understand that AJ is a dangerous fight for him and he wants to maximize the payday. But what exactly does an Ortiz rematch do for Wilder? I can understand a Fury rematch. But Ortiz??? Come on bruh. And to announce it during AJ’s fight week. I’m a Wilder fan. But it gives the impression that’s he ain’t trying to see AJ right now.
        I like this post bro. You are not alone AJ has done some stupid S#hit too but when he does I don’t try and justify it and I’m glad to see you being a wilder supporter you can still call him out. You have some of your peers still saying AJ lowballed Ortiz

Comment

• Originally posted by NaijaD View Post
          Don’t think I’ve ever seen a fan base openly celebrating a duck like this before.

“Yeah Wilder you da man... make him wait till we get 50-50”

“Haha Hearn is mad”

It’s honestly fine cause not only do his chances of winning get slimmer seeing as he’s significantly older than Joshua but he probably won’t get any closer to a 50-50 split when this PPV bombs..... not that he actually even deserves anywhere near 50-50.
          Yeah i have never seen anything else like it. I swear i haven't. I have been on here since 2005, when i use to support Mayweather against Hatton in 2007, I have seen boxer's fans and these Wilder ones are the worse bar none.

I remember the Margarito hype, i remember the cotto one, i remember the Pacman one. None of them celebrated a fight NOT happening.

These lot are actually delighted, that a fight isn't coming off, a fight that would make us wait to see the undisputed, just because of a promoter? WOW

Comment

• Originally posted by hitking View Post
            I think I understand what Wilder is doing from a business standpoint. But as a boxing fan, there’s no defending this move. I understand that AJ is a dangerous fight for him and he wants to maximize the payday. But what exactly does an Ortiz rematch do for Wilder? I can understand a Fury rematch. But Ortiz??? Come on bruh. And to announce it during AJ’s fight week. I’m a Wilder fan. But it gives the impression that’s he ain’t trying to see AJ right now.
            Am shocked at this post. I mean i know you are a Wilder fan but am actually shocked. This is probably the first or second post i would see from a Wilder fan like this. At least i can say i know one or two Wilder fans who can keep it real and not defend BS every single time for the sake of Wilder.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scipio2009 View Post
              Wilder's not fighting on DAZN.

He missed the first DAZN offer out of hand, saw enough in the initial second offer to go forward with the meeting, heard DAZN out, and still felt that the deal wasn't good enough. Accept that reality for what it is.

With that out of the way, Wilder has a standing 50/50 offer for Joshua to fight him. Ignore the $50m guarantee, you stage the fight in the US (likely at T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas), Showtime pushes the PPV in the US, Sky Sports pushes the PPV in the UK, and split everything down the center.

Wilder likely ends up with north of $40m for the fight, Joshua ends up with north of $50m for the fight, the sport gets the fight that everyone craves, and the terms for the rematch are already in hand if both want to do it again.
              Wilder vs Josh isn't 50/50 today and will never be 50/50. Wilder and his fan girls need to stop dreaming if they really want to see the fight.

Comment

• A month ago you all were supposed to be trying to fight ortiz and everyone defended it as a good fight, now wilders fighting him again hes back to being a 50 year old bum.

Comment

• Let me guess Wilder is ducking huh? Wilder took another tough fight which was easy to make and he doesn't have to worry about the stalling process dealing wit Hearn n AJ. AJ should've pushed for this fight awhile ago and now that "he wants" the fight it should happen. Doesn't work on their terms only and Wilder showing them that. For 2yrs Hearn n AJ was talkin 2020 now their mind changed after seeing how popular Wilder is gettin. AJ might have issues Saturday. But Wilder will KO AJ in 2020. PERIOD

Comment

• Originally posted by NaijaD View Post
                    Don’t think I’ve ever seen a fan base openly celebrating a duck like this before.

“Yeah Wilder you da man... make him wait till we get 50-50”

“Haha Hearn is mad”

It’s honestly fine cause not only do his chances of winning get slimmer seeing as he’s significantly older than Joshua but he probably won’t get any closer to a 50-50 split when this PPV bombs..... not that he actually even deserves anywhere near 50-50.
                    Originally posted by Throwingbombs View Post
                    Wilder fans celebrating their man doing a blatent duck yet again. You guys are an embarrassment to the sport!
                    Originally posted by Ray* View Post
                    Yeah i have never seen anything else like it. I swear i haven't. I have been on here since 2005, when i use to support Mayweather against Hatton in 2007, I have seen boxer's fans and these Wilder ones are the worse bar none.

I remember the Margarito hype, i remember the cotto one, i remember the Pacman one. None of them celebrated a fight NOT happening.

These lot are actually delighted, that a fight isn't coming off, a fight that would make us wait to see the undisputed, just because of a promoter? WOW
                    The "fans" who support, defend, and celebrate Wilder not fighting AJ are Haymon/PBC fans, rather than boxing fans.

Comment

• Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
                      nope, he refused to open the books

and despite that fact..... AJ's fukwit fans insist that Wilder should ignore advice from the best team in the game..... and sign with the liars and pen-losers who low-balled him $12m about 6 months ago

this is truly ridiculous..... almost as ridiculous as the Ward/Golovkin debacle, when the tards all pretended that Golovkin wanted to fight
                      yup

hearn offered him 12 million

then skipper told hearn to stay at home so he could handle it himself....skipper offered him 40 mil each for two AJ fights.....but wouldn't disclose what AJ was making so wilder couldn't see what kind of split it was

and what if wilder won? do you think wilder would/should be ok with taking 40 mil in a rematch, of a fight he hypothetically won, when he would likely be worth much more?

that's how dumb these guys are

Comment

Working...
                      X