Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Joshua: It's Baffling Why Wilder Rejected DAZN Deal To Face Me

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Phenom View Post
    Like I said Robbie you never let something like facts get in the way of your argument

Cheers
    What facts? You're speculating, you have nothing. Why would Wilder be asking how much Joshua was getting if Joshua hadn't already agreed to the fights?

Comment

• Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post
      It was a one round blow out against a weak opponent and it did just fine in the grand scheme of things with a spectacular highlight.

His value went up regardless, and Joshua fighting in the US even if on a marginal platform gives him some good exposure here which helps the fight grow.

The only way the value of either goes down is if one loses, Wilder already won so his value went up, we can debate how much but it didn't go down. Even if the offer stays the exact same for a Joshua fight (which to me is very unlikely because DAZN needs events badly and that fight is an event fight) it is not like he really lost anything other than if he would have made more against Breazeale.

What matters is what happens next when both are free not what happened before when things were not going to happen next anyway.
      i thought boxing was a business? according to floyd fans it was a business. now its about highlights and youtube views? strange how that swung now that their new guy is the b-side the business angle went out the window! his value goes up by doing worse numbers? yeah this is how business works. you know what i want a raise even though my performance went down. hmmm sure why not! he just got demoted from ppv to regular showtime...he just did worse numbers than his other 2 fights. clearly his rise to stardom has hit a snag.

your whole argument is based on the fallacy that wilder is some huge star. dazn needs events! bring in the guy who can't sell ppvs or tickets! wilder is not some floyd type star. hes one of boxings bigger names but his numbers werent even as good as loma-linares. if loma demanded a 100 million purse wouldnt that seem kind of odd? seems like your only argument is dazn has a lot of money and they should give wilder a lot more of it just to make the fight. that they should throw out all business acumen out the window because the wilder fight would bring them so many new eyeballs and subscribers...cept his popularity and numbers say otherwise.
      Last edited by daggum; 05-26-2019, 11:59 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by daggum View Post
        i seem to have offended you for calling out your internet hero. i'm sorry. i didnt realize you were this sensitive. for the third time since you claim its not an alternate reality where are the other 100 million dollar offers?
        broke folk never offends me, brudda. everybody makes a mistake or two in life but i cant take offense if urs makes u feel less than a man. but dont be mad at a guy making millions, please!

Comment

• Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post
          What facts? You're speculating, you have nothing. Why would Wilder be asking how much Joshua was getting if Joshua hadn't already agreed to the fights?
          What I'm speculating about? DAZN can't coerce a fighter to sign a long-term contract to get another fighter

It was a DAZN contract not an AJ fight contract what's throwing you off here?

Comment

• Originally posted by 2ndroundko View Post
            broke folk never offends me, brudda. everybody makes a mistake or two in life but i cant take offense if urs makes u feel less than a man. but dont be mad at a guy making millions, please!
            You're so ****ing boring. "Wilder makes more money than you" nearly every pro in any sport makes more money than the fans doesn't mean the fans can't voice their opinions. This forum is for doing just that. If you don't like it GTFOH. You have no defence for Wilder ducking so come up with this lame shit.

Comment

What I'm speculating about? DAZN can't coerce a fighter to sign a long-term contract to get another fighter

It was a DAZN contract not an AJ fight contract what's throwing you off here?

If Joshua had already agreed they can have both fighters sign the contracts to fight each other on DAZN. How hard is that for you to understand. They obviously already told Wilder Joshua had agreed which is why he asked how much Joshua was getting. There goes your lame excuse.

Comment

• Originally posted by 2ndroundko View Post
                so you call people gay slurs in the course of your normal parlance? that's a bit strange. why would i be mad that someone is making millions? nice straw man deflection attempt. how come you never posted the 100 million offers that are flying wilders way? fourth time now that i asked. i'm getting a lil....mad!

Comment

• Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post
                  If Joshua had already agreed they can have both fighters sign the contracts to fight each other on DAZN. How hard is that for you to understand. They obviously already told Wilder Joshua had agreed which is why he asked how much Joshua was getting. There goes your lame excuse.
                  If that was the case than it would have been for the AJ fight only but Anthony Joshua wasn't involved Matchroom wasn't involved it Skipper and Wilder, Finkel and Al Haymon

Stop arguing dude AJ fight wasn't a guarantee same as GGG wasn't guaranteed Canelo because DAZN couldn't legally do so without being in violation of Muhammad Ali Boxing Reform Act

Comment

If that was the case than it would have been for the AJ fight only but Anthony Joshua wasn't involved Matchroom wasn't involved it Skipper and Wilder, Finkel and Al Haymon

Stop arguing dude AJ fight wasn't a guarantee same as GGG wasn't guaranteed Canelo because DAZN couldn't legally do so without being in violation of Muhammad Ali Boxing Reform Act
                    If Joshua has already agreed why would they need to be involved until it came to drawing up contracts?

You don't know it wasn't guaranteed. See this is the problem. You talking like **** is fact when you haven't got a clue. You don't know what the Ali act is.

I swear you Wilder fans live in a fantasy world.

Comment

• Originally posted by daggum View Post
                      so you call people gay slurs in the course of your normal parlance? that's a bit strange. why would i be mad that someone is making millions? nice straw man deflection attempt. how come you never posted the 100 million offers that are flying wilders way? fourth time now that i asked. i'm getting a lil....mad!
                      u said it bothers u, brudda! first thing u replied to my post actually. u exposed urself...and came up short

all jokes aside, let them worry about it, broski! if wilder doesnt end up fighting him, he sucks anyway so who cares? he'll still be a millionaire and ull still be counting his money because u have nothing to count. its not fair but its life!

Comment

Working...
                      X