Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Roach Expects Pacquiao's Speed To Be Too Much For Thurman

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Roach Expects Pacquiao's Speed To Be Too Much For Thurman

Freddie Roach, who is the co-trainer for eight division champion Manny Pacquiao, is expecting a tough contest when his boxer takes on unbeaten WBA welterweight beltholder Keith Thurman on July 20th at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas. The bout is being carried by Fox Sports Pay-Per-View.
    [Click Here To Read More]

He won’t stop him, but Keith will get rocked. We all know that when he gets rocked...he runs just like he did against Lopez in the 7th round

Comment

This is going to be a very tough fight for Manny
      He can pull it off if he goes in their and decides to box Thurman
      Thurman will be much better than his last fight , he’ll be okay and almost back to normal
      But I also have a feeling win or lose , Thurman will get out of the sport
      He seems to have lost that hunger for the sport

Comment

Manny adding a young blood to his resume

If he beats Thurman he’s immediately the number 1 at welter

Comment

Thurman is just coming for retirement check here.

Comment

Thurman's been silent as of lately. I wonder why

Training hard?

Comment

Originally posted by Insanityisbliss View Post
              He won’t stop him, but Keith will get rocked. We all know that when he gets rocked...he runs just like he did against Lopez in the 7th round
              He might run but he still gets the W so what can anyone really say a W is a W no matter how you get it just get it.

Comment

Originally posted by Insanityisbliss View Post
                Originally posted by MulaKO View Post
                Thurman will be much better than his last fight , he’ll be okay and almost back to normal
                Agree on all accounts. I actually have a tough time seeing Manny lose UNLESS he ages overnight which is entirely possible.

Manny is better in every single aspect. Thurman might move better with his feet and even that's debatable.

People often underrate how important craftiness and experience are and Manny's been in there with Cotto, DLH, Floyd, Mosley, JMM (four times), Morales, MAB, Hatton, etc. ...I'm not sure if Thurman beats ANY of the guys I just listed.

Nonetheless this version of Manny is far-removed from his prime, but I still expect him to win in a UD where he lands nearly all of the significant punches.

Thurman has no power, is limited offensively, and is not defensively responsbile (which is why he gets clipped so often). His only go-to is movement and that hardly works against the Collazos and Lopezs...don't think it will be effective against a Pacquiao (even at 40-41).

Pac UD or controversial SD (where Thurman - the PBC guy - gets a extremely generous card)

Comment

Thurman ask for this. It’s not the May sweepstake but it’s next best thing. He better train hard bcuz PAC-man coming to gobble him up then spit him out. If pac doesn’t rock he’ll flop

Comment

Originally posted by MulaKO View Post
                    No I don't think so. All I see is a fighter coming back after 2 injurys looking to re establish him self as the best top pound for pound WW in the world , I see a man who's looking to get his straps back meaning the WBC strap.

Comment

Working...
                    X