Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Roach Expects Pacquiao's Speed To Be Too Much For Thurman

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Because of Pacquiao's age I assessed him base on his last performance which he still capable of beating a young undefeated fighter in Thurman. The Speed and Stamina is still there not unless during fight night suddenly he gets old.

Comment

Originally posted by turnedup View Post
      Those two names are considered Pacquiao level opponents? LMFAO...Short of Garcia landing a miracle hook or porter smashing head first into Pacquaio neither one beats him.
      Manny is the same man that got tagged too much by Jeff Horn ffs. A 41 year old man could beat a confidence shot Thurman but not a hungry Showtime Shawn & sure as hell not a Danny Garcia

Comment

Originally posted by ptek View Post
        No I don't think so. All I see is a fighter coming back after 2 injurys looking to re establish him self as the best top pound for pound WW in the world , I see a man who's looking to get his straps back meaning the WBC strap.
        If there’s a chance of One Time losing his desire and ends up losing, this fight could be his downfall. Some people are never the same after they loose that “0”.

Comment

I think manny’s experience will get him the W. He’s fought so many talented opponents in his career that he’ll be able to impose his style on thurman.

Comment

The senator and a part time boxer vs thurman. Can't wait already.

Comment

Originally posted by Insanityisbliss View Post
              He won’t stop him, but Keith will get rocked. We all know that when he gets rocked...he runs just like he did against Lopez in the 7th round
              Pac needs to learn to go to the body if he wants to stop Thurman.

That round 9 against Horn, he'd have stopped Horn if he wasn't head hunting the whole time.

Horn just kept leaning back and circling around the ring and as a result Pac kept missing and punched himself out.

If he had mixed in some body shots he'd have forced Horn to lean forward again and try to cover his body, and then he could have snipped him and finished him off.

Thurman will run around the ring and lean away from Pac's punches when he gets hurt, he'll need to target that solar plexus at those moments and bring Keith's head down.

Comment

Originally posted by hmc87 View Post
                Agree on all accounts. I actually have a tough time seeing Manny lose UNLESS he ages overnight which is entirely possible.

Manny is better in every single aspect. Thurman might move better with his feet and even that's debatable.

People often underrate how important craftiness and experience are and Manny's been in there with Cotto, DLH, Floyd, Mosley, JMM (four times), Morales, MAB, Hatton, etc. ...I'm not sure if Thurman beats ANY of the guys I just listed.

Nonetheless this version of Manny is far-removed from his prime, but I still expect him to win in a UD where he lands nearly all of the significant punches.

Thurman has no power, is limited offensively, and is not defensively responsbile (which is why he gets clipped so often). His only go-to is movement and that hardly works against the Collazos and Lopezs...don't think it will be effective against a Pacquiao (even at 40-41).

Pac UD or controversial SD (where Thurman - the PBC guy - gets a extremely generous card)
                Thurman does have power but it's not 12 round power. If you make it to the sixth round then your chances of being KO'd by Thurman decrease by a LARGE margin.

Comment

I think the problem here is that Thurman has a tendency to run when he feels trouble. So this might very well be a game of cat and mouse depending on how good Pacquiao looks. If he does let his hands go a little more like Roach wants, and still has the same speed and power he did against Broner, I can see Pacquiao beating Thurman. Thurman is good, but Pacquiao's much more experienced and still has the skills, speed, and power to give him trouble. When you combine his experience with a body that can still carry out those commands, PacMan is a dangerous man.

I've always been an advocate of wanting to see Pacquiao either retire or get one last major payday against Mayweather. But this next fight is already a done deal so we just have to tune in and watch. Pacquiao has a cemented legacy but if he beats a top five welterweight and captures a major title at 40. Man, that's impressive!

Comment

If Manny wins, he'll prove he's still the best Welter and should be on most top 10 P4P lists!

Comment

Originally posted by lparm View Post
                      Manny adding a young blood to his resume

If he beats Thurman he’s immediately the number 1 at welter
                      Ridiculous, beating a guy who's been in semi-retirement for the past 2 years, and who's running from the real king of the decision (Spence) does not make him the no.1 welter.

It's better for Manny's legacy than it is for his P4P status, because Keith is not a P4P guy.

Comment

Working...
                      X