No announcement yet.

13,181 Attendance for Wilder/Breazeale

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 13,181 Attendance for Wilder/Breazeale

Very disappointing given Wilder's star-status.

Time to diagnose what went wrong.

Was that fight never going to do good numbers? Did the promotion stink? Or did the fight actually have hype, and the promoters made a mistake in closing the upper level?

What's wrong with the numbers? That is about what he does at the Barclays. I mean I'm sure the Ortiz numbers were a bit better, but that fight was also just flat out better.

Comment

That actually ain’t bad considering the opponent.

But for a dude that thinks he’s the biggest superstar in boxing and thinks he’s worth $80M for one fight that’s a horrible attendance figure.

I guess I can understand the insecurity of him and his weird fans though. The biggest star in the U.S. is Canelo and he’s from Mexico. And Joshua will probably do a better attendance than Wilder and he’s from England.

Comment

But i thought he was the American cash cow? Joshua sold 17k tickets at 4x the price of Wilders weeks ago.

Comment

90,000 in a British football stadium doe!

Comment

Originally posted by Nehnenqui View Post
            That actually ain’t bad considering the opponent.

But for a dude that thinks he’s the biggest superstar in boxing and thinks he’s worth $80M for one fight that’s a horrible attendance figure.

I guess I can understand the insecurity of him and his weird fans though. The biggest star in the U.S. is Canelo and he’s from Mexico. And Joshua will probably do a better attendance than Wilder and he’s from England.
            Joshua sold 17k tickets and at 4x the price of Wilder's weeks ago.

Comment

Originally posted by KTFOKING View Post
              What's wrong with the numbers? That is about what he does at the Barclays. I mean I'm sure the Ortiz numbers were a bit better, but that fight was also just flat out better.
              You hit the nail on the head. It's very in-line with what Wilder does at the Barclays. He's better known now. The numbers should be better.

Comment

Well it was not an intriguing fight imo beforehand

Comment

Fans don't like Wilder so they don't buy tickets, this is as simple as a pie.

Comment

Originally posted by DuckAdonis View Post
                    Well it was not an intriguing fight imo beforehand
                    Definitely the fact that he wasn't fighting AJ or Fury played a part.

I thought the "catch a body" comments would've gotten the casuals' attention though. I guess not.

Comment

Working...
                    X