Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Breazeale: I Think The Referee Stopped it a Little Early!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by arraamis View Post
    Good point!!!

What many guys miss is that the count starts outside of the ring by an official, who the Ref looks to, to get the accurate count.

Not only was Breazeale not up in time, but he staggered and would have fallen out of the ring if it hadn't been for the Ref and the ropes holding him up. So he wasn't in any shape to continue, even if he had a 20-count.
    Just don’t understand why so many posters have a hard time getting it
    I was under the assumption that he was up before the ten count
    After replaying it quite a few times , their was no way he was up
    The ref began the count at six , this after telling Wilder to get to a neutral corner , and resuming the count from the official on the outside
    Imo , good stoppage , without doubt

Comment

• Originally posted by Kezzer View Post
      Not sure where the concerns about the ref but here are the acts:

Contact with fist: 57 seconds
      Flat on the ground: 55 seconds
      Waved off: 44 seconds

So he actually was given more than 10 seconds
      I'm not sure a 10 second timer is a thing. You get a 10 count & typically a 10 count takes longer than 10 seconds. Believe this got talked about waaaaay too much when King was trying to hijack the belt back in the Tyson vs Buster fight.

Comment

• He was not up at the 10 count and was not in a fit state to continue.....the ref did right and wilder took care of business.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mammoth View Post

Watch the Brits will agree with this
          You generalise away, lad.

Nah, that was a good stoppage by Wilder. Even if you could argue he was up at 10 (which I wouldn't, particularly) that fight would have been called off anyway, as his legs had completely gone.

Comment

• That man was defenseless, rubber legs and no idea what day it was another 2 punch combo he be headed out in a stretch comatose. This is boxing not UFC !! Skills not bleed to death and death thrills

Comment

• He actually got up at 10/11 ish seconds. And when he did I knew this would be compared to Fury’s count.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ray* View Post
                He actually got up at 10/11 ish seconds. And when he did I knew this would be compared to Fury’s count.
                Why the comparison
                Not trolling here , legitimate question
                What is their to compare

Comment

• Brazeale didnt even know what year it was when that right hand connected.. forgive the man for these words. He's concussed

Comment

• It was early stoppage and fast count, Alabama coward paid referee off!

Comment

• if Smoger was the ref Wilder would've caught his body tonight.

Comment

Working...
                      X