Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Wilder proving that skills dont matter?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Thraxox View Post
    all those skills suddenly disappeared against Fury doe. Breazle is a trash opponent.
    I never said he was the most skilled guy in the division, he's one of the least talented in the top 10. But people act like he has zero talent at all, and just managed to win an olympic medal and the world heavyweight championship on a wild right hand. That's simply not true.

Comment

Originally posted by vwelsh View Post
      Wilder throws a decent jab. I think we got spoiled watching lighter weight classes that provide us with technique and skill and less knockouts. The bigger the fighter typically the less skillful. You will never see a Mayweather in the heavyweights. It’s like basketball. The WNBA have women’s shooting lights out. But you’re not gonna get the power you get from Shaq. Hope this makes some sense.

Also I saw a thread in which someone quoted Lampley “ that what heavyweights are suppose to do”.
      Ali and Joe Louis were basically middleweights in hw bodies

Comment

Only in heavyweight división that is an overrated división

Comment

Originally posted by _Rexy_ View Post
          I never said he was the most skilled guy in the division, he's one of the least talented in the top 10. But people act like he has zero talent at all, and just managed to win an olympic medal and the world heavyweight championship on a wild right hand. That's simply not true.
          Absolutely. The aim of the sport is to hit and not get hit.

Wilder does that. He's unorthodox, but he does it. For that matter, you'd struggle to term Fury as orthodox.

I'm sick of talking resumes now. Who beat who else doesn't prove anything when it comes to defining an era. The only way we find out who is the best in this era is for them to fight.

Comment

Skills always matter.

Comment

Originally posted by Toffee View Post
              Absolutely. The aim of the sport is to hit and not get hit.

Wilder does that. He's unorthodox, but he does it. For that matter, you'd struggle to term Fury as orthodox.

I'm sick of talking resumes now. Who beat who else doesn't prove anything when it comes to defining an era. The only way we find out who is the best in this era is for them to fight.
              Fury is incredibly awkward, but I've always appreciated fighters like that. Nobody would call Fury untalented though.

Comment

look at the guys he is fighting. stirverne, breazele, ortiz. all in horrible horrible shape. even fury wasnt in great shape at the time when they tried to cherry pick him gone wrong and he boxed him silly. fat people usually suck at atlhetic endeavors.

Comment

I don’t get this “No skill” thing from you guys, it takes skills to set up your jab and land your best punches. He might not be a Mayweather but skills comes in all shapes.

Comment

It depends on what you mean by boxing skills.
                    Wilders Ko power stems from his right hand punching technique from long range. That’s when he gets the knockouts.

Comment

Originally posted by QballLobo View Post
                      Wilder had no fear of this man and it showed.
                      Give him credit he took care of business. But let’s not pretend like this guy wasn’t tailor made for a highlight reel KO.

Let's not pretend that any other fighter is knocking Breazeale out with one punch in round one.

Comment

Working...
                      X