Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Wilder proving that skills dont matter?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He's not exactly Willie Pep but to say he's totally unskilled isn't really true. He moves quite well and has a good jab like people are saying, it's just that he loads up on every other punch than that (though it's understandable when he has that much power.) He looked bad against Fury but honestly I think it'd be really hard far anyone to look good against him.

Of course, Breazeale let him look good, moving back in straight lines with his hands away from his face and his jaw hanging open in midair. His preparation for this fight clearly wasn't good enough.

Comment

Wilder has skilled. Hear me out, just view him as how older cuban fighters use to fight. No he doesn't have the great footwork, but he has extreme accuracy,timing and discipline when setting up the right hand. His game is setting up the right hand similarly with old Cubans and their left hand. He has a bit of Tommy Hearns in him in the fact that you know that his right hand is coming but he sets it up perfectly just about every single time.
      A guy whether you like him or not is not just going to be landing the same punch over and over again without some level of skill or technique.

Comment

Throwing an accurate straight right off the jab is skill.

Comment

Originally posted by jmrf4435 View Post
          hahahaha wilder was so out boxed by a fat guy coming off a two year coke binge.

In shape fury does it with ease, next time. They will both make more money by waiting
          Fury wont fight him again.. Your kidding yourself on

Comment

Originally posted by Sheldon312 View Post
            Are we living in an era where power and atleticism trump skill. I mean look at Wilder. He should not be this successful
            - -All he's proven is he earns peanuts to the Kings ransom AJ earns, a major league sissy.

Comment

Originally posted by Thraxox View Post
              Lmao. Is that your comeback on Fury's schooling of Wilder?
              Mayweather vs Canelo was a schooling.

Mayweather vs Marquez was a schooling.

Hell freaking Marcus Brown vs Badou Jack and Saunders vs Willie Monroe were schoolings

Wilder vs Tyson was NOT a schooling.

I never heard of a boxing clinic that involves getting heavily dropped twice and being sent to the moon and back.

Tyson Fury must be using gypsy black magic to control you suckers if yawl actually be acting like that some kind of master class performance.
              Last edited by Sledgeweather17; 05-19-2019, 03:24 AM.

Comment

Bro Breazeale didn't have more skills than him lol. Did you forget the Fury fight? I bet Wilder did, because it showed there that skills do matter.

Comment

Wish fight went on longer...I noticed Wilder throwing body shots. Wuda liked to see how effective it wuda been and how long he stuck to it

Comment

Power and athleticism takes you so far. But wilder came up short against fury so skills matter

Comment

Originally posted by Thraxox View Post
                      all those skills suddenly disappeared against Fury doe. Breazle is a trash opponent.
                      Your right
                      I think Wilder was just headhunting in that fight and looked awful doing it
                      But after tonight’s fight , I can literally say he learnt something from that fight
                      He kept his cool , controlled the distance and didn’t get ansy
                      Fugh , he even threw a few to the body
                      Hopefully he has learnt to make it come to him instead of always relying on his power
                      Yes given tonight did not last long but imo I did see some improvement especially when he hurt him the first time , if you watch replay he actually ( ok after a couple of windmills ) backs up to give himself space to actually connect

Comment

Working...
                      X