No announcement yet.

The overrateing of Inoune begins

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wlad1111 View Post
    Every single fighter who has impressive looking wins regardless of level of his opposition has dumb casuals who make rediculous claims. Welcome to boxing,you must be new.
    What, you mean Inoue's impressive looking wins that have genuinely been impressive. I would say it's fair to praise someone if they've been as impressive as him. Most champs have fought 'nobodies' until 20+ fights, and that's a criticism. Inoue in in the WBSS at 18 fights, and will most likely win. You think a boxer has to start like Loma in order to be considered a great?

Comment

Originally posted by revelated View Post
      I said P4P.

Being "in the top 10" is not P4P.
      Being "#3" is not P4P.
      Being "in the hunt for" #1 is not P4P.

P4P is P4P. Meaning nobody else can touch you and your achievements at the moment.

If I had to peg it, I'd say he didn't get thought of as P4P until he beat Oscar. By that point he'd already put his mark on four different weight classes with multiple title defenses and reigns.

I like what they did tonight comparing Wilder's defense count against the greats. It's a good measure of how good you've done as a champion.
      If I remember the history right, I believe Floyd became #1 p4p since Sharmba Mitchell. I think Floyd took it by default when Hopkins lost during that time.

Like it or not, "eye test" is one of the major criteria for p4p and Floyd also benefited to some of it. Obviously, he's got the skills to showcase which is why it was more of his skills than the resume that he was p4p.

Pac, on the other hand, was a one-handed and one-dimensional fighter at the featherweight that somehow got inside top 10 because of plainly resume and KOs.

Comment

Nonito may have taken a few steps back from his old good days but I'd still give Inoue his props if he beats him.

After Donaire, there's still Nery and Tete. Inoue still has good names in this division no need to move up yet.

In the meantime, Navarrete can take on Burnett 1st and let's see what he's capable of.

Comment

Originally posted by Mexican_Puppet View Post
          Japan does not have any 4 división champ my point is that it's not a good argument

Actually is not hard be a múltiple champion
          Wow, let's see you try to do it then. And better, tell that to your hero JCC as well

Comment

Originally posted by Ca$ual Fan View Post
            If I remember the history right, I believe Floyd became #1 p4p since Sharmba Mitchell. I think Floyd took it by default when Hopkins lost during that time.
            Hell no.

I'm glad you called out that one because I remember specific media criticism of Floyd over that fight. Mitchell was WAY past the sell date and a shell of himself.
            That's one of two fights that resulted in Floyd now saying he never got credit, being overlooked, etc.

The commentary was all about Paul Williams, a padded resume if there ever was one. And he was definitely "eye test".

Comment

Originally posted by diplo View Post
              What, you mean Inoue's impressive looking wins that have genuinely been impressive. I would say it's fair to praise someone if they've been as impressive as him. Most champs have fought 'nobodies' until 20+ fights, and that's a criticism. Inoue in in the WBSS at 18 fights, and will most likely win. You think a boxer has to start like Loma in order to be considered a great?
              Not to mention that Inoue won his first world title in his sixth professional fight.

3 weight champion in 16 fights at 25 years old. How are people hating on him other than just jealousy?

Comment

Originally posted by _Rexy_ View Post
                Not to mention that Inoue won his first world title in his sixth professional fight.

3 weight champion in 16 fights at 25 years old. How are people hating on him other than just jealousy?
                ... he started (as a pro) at 19 1/2 yo... and he's 12-0-0 (11 KO's) in world championship bouts.

Comment

Originally posted by MDPopescu View Post
                  ... he started (as a pro) at 19 1/2 yo... and he's 12-0-0 (11 KO's) in world championship bouts.
                  I hate pulling the nationality card, especially since I'm not Japanese; but if Inoue was American, Mexican or British...

Comment

Originally posted by revelated View Post
                    Hell no.

I'm glad you called out that one because I remember specific media criticism of Floyd over that fight. Mitchell was WAY past the sell date and a shell of himself.
                    That's one of two fights that resulted in Floyd now saying he never got credit, being overlooked, etc.

The commentary was all about Paul Williams, a padded resume if there ever was one. And he was definitely "eye test".
                    Be it as you say but I still disagree with you mentioning "Floyd became the P4P after beating Dela Hoya". I am very certain that he's already been #1 even before that. I got a 2006 edition of Ring Magazine in here and it clearly rates Floyd as #1 in the P4P. Him and Pac were the only 2 in the discussion but Floyd won by majority of the experts.

Floyd got it more based on skills than resume.

Comment

Originally posted by Ca$ual Fan View Post
                      Be it as you say but I still disagree with you mentioning "Floyd became the P4P after beating Dela Hoya". I am very certain that he's already been #1 even before that. I got a 2006 edition of Ring Magazine in here and it clearly rates Floyd as #1 in the P4P. Him and Pac were the only 2 in the discussion but Floyd won by majority of the experts.

Floyd got it more based on skills than resume.
                      Ring Magazine has always been biased against Floyd. Thus, you're likely talking about the one with Glen Johnson on the cover and Floyd mentioned inside as #1, yet in the 2007 edition, they put Manny on the cover.

Floyd didn't make cover until 2008 - AFTER he beat Oscar and highlighted after beating Hatton that same year.

Everyone's known for years that the person making cover is what matters. At the time, that's what drew fans. Which is why people were so pissed off when they put Ronda Rousey on there because they knew what it implied - that Rousey was better than boxing's elite.

Comment

Working...
                      X