No announcement yet.

The overrateing of Inoune begins

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by danceswithfire View Post
    5 out of hundreds?....doesn't that say a lot with inoues young ass carreer....inoue is already is a 3 div champ think about it and is looking like unbeatable at the moment
    Japan does not have any 4 división champ my point is that it's not a good argument

Actually is not hard be a múltiple champion

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
      But Inoue doesn't have any victories as good as Lomachenko's.

Who would you say his best win is, Cliff? Narvaez? Payano?

The guy is looking good so far. No question about it. But I can't bring myself to call him the best in the world with that resume. I need to see more.

Nery would answer a lot of questions. But of course boxing politics will prevent it.
      You can also add Taguchi as a quality win but one that got better in retrospect. Dude went on to unify past 108. That was Inoue's, what, 4th fight? I don't think the gap in opposition is THAT wide between he, Loma, and Crawford.

Comment

Originally posted by krazyn8tive View Post
        He’s beating everyone out in front of him in stunning fashion. I think people just need to sit back and enjoy without heaping all this made up pressure on him. Let him fight, win by ko and fight again without fans playing both sides of the hype game. It’s annoying.
        inoue could have had a great resume if he didnt skip flyweight when it was hot or super flyweight when it was starting to get hot. seriously. estrada, gonzalez, brian viloria, rungvisai. skipped all of them to fight 40 year old narvaez, and rodriguez.

3 weight world champion but mediocre resume.

Comment

Originally posted by Mexican_Puppet View Post
          Japan does not have any 4 división champ my point is that it's not a good argument

Actually is not hard be a múltiple champion
          i didn't say they do...the fact that there are only few out of thousands of world champs of whom are already retired with inoue nearing entering that club very early in his carreer proves he is something special....hell, loma is a special fighter too but he might not even join that club given his age when he became pro...inoue has still that luxury

Comment

1) You can't spell

2) Inoue is an amazing talent and he just blasted another real quality fighter. He's in the p4p top ten for a reason.

Can't wait to see him fight a guy like Donaire, who is a serious threat no matter what's going on in the fight.

Comment

Originally posted by crold1 View Post
              He was number one for just about everyone before Oscar; pretty much from Hopkins-Taylor I forward. I get what you mean there but that's also an issue of who was ahead of him. Jones and BHop were the biggest obstacles for Floyd through about 2005. Right now there isn't a modern great at the top of their game with the accomplishment/divisional dominance of a Roy or BHop. Crawford, Spence, Usyk, Loma, Inoue...there's really interesting cases for all of them.
              Hopkins and Jones is the exact reason I say it took until Oscar before Floyd was considered P4P.

Jones started a decline in 2004 but it wasn't sealed until Calslappy exposed how far shot he was in 2008, the year Floyd had retired after beating Oscar. Everyone wanted Floyd to come back and when he did, he was touted by everyone as P4P #1 guy.

Hopkins declined around the same time as Jones, but he wasn't as physically dominant as Jones. Arguably much more skilled, but Jones' style stood out more. It's like comparing Ali against Holmes; Holmes was arguably a better fighter overall, but Ali is the one that shined.

Comment

Originally posted by RetroSpeed05 View Post
                Wow K0 power really does something to people.

People saying hes the next Pac and telling him to move up as high as 130/135?

Hes a good fighter, but dont compare him to Pac. The cans hes fighting are not even close to who Pac fought..
                Have you actually watched any Inoue? You think he's just a one dimensional heavy hitter??

The guy can do everything. Inside, outside, speed, feet, power. He's got everything. It's not just his KO % that earns him his praise, you realise. Skill/power/accuracy levels are up there with Loma, Crawford, Garcia. And he's ruled at 3 weights. What more do you want to be up there for P4P??

Comment

Originally posted by Divine Hammer View Post
                  inoue could have had a great resume if he didnt skip flyweight when it was hot or super flyweight when it was starting to get hot. seriously. estrada, gonzalez, brian viloria, rungvisai. skipped all of them to fight 40 year old narvaez, and rodriguez.

3 weight world champion but mediocre resume.
                  He's had 18 fights and he's 26, over 3 divisions, what resume do you want him to have. Canelo didn't have any notable names until something like his 30th fight. You think everyone is going to do a Lomachenko?

Comment

Every single fighter who has impressive looking wins regardless of level of his opposition has dumb casuals who make rediculous claims. Welcome to boxing,you must be new.

Comment

Originally posted by wlad1111 View Post
                      Every single fighter who has impressive looking wins regardless of level of his opposition has dumb casuals who make rediculous claims. Welcome to boxing,you must be new.
                      He is in the WBSS tournament for the elite fighters in his weight class. He is blowing through top competition with ease. That's impressive.

You are the casual in this instance.

Comment

Working...
                      X