The overrateing of Inoune begins

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by revelated View Post
    No, that's what P4P became.

P4P USED to be about what you've done. Not what it "looks" like you "might" could do.

Floyd Mayweather wasn't considered a P4P fighter until long after he'd beaten multiple world champions in MULTIPLE weight classes. Same with Manny Pacquiao.

If Hamed were prime in this current state of "eye tests", he'd get called P4P for the Said Lawal knockout. LOL
    Not true on Floyd. He was in Ring's top ten in the late 1990s and went all the way to #3 after Corrales in 2001. He was in the hunt for #1 before he ever left his first weight class (that's only one source but gives a good idea).

Inoue has beaten as many champs as Loma and won titles in as many classes and is blowing out championship level guys around his class that have never been stopped as a habit. There is more than eye test here.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
      Inoue has looked impressive so far in his career. But really, who has he beaten?

What's his best win? Old man Narvaez?
      if you go that route, you can pretty much do it to everybody

the fact that inoue runs thru ex world champs/world champs that have never been stopped in their careers in less than 10 minutes or so is a testament to this kid's legitimacy...

Comment

Originally posted by danceswithfire View Post
        if you go that route, you can pretty much do it to everybody

the fact that inoue runs thru ex world champs/world champs that have never been stopped in their careers in less than 10 minutes or so is a testament to this kid's legitimacy...
        If people are going to say he's the best fighter in the world then they have to be prepared to have his resume questioned.

Comment

If people are going to say he's the best fighter in the world then they have to be prepared to have his resume questioned.
          like i said you can also do the same exact thing to anyone in the p4p list

Comment

Originally posted by crold1 View Post
            Not true on Floyd. He was in Ring's top ten in the late 1990s and went all the way to #3 after Corrales in 2001. He was in the hunt for #1 before he ever left his first weight class (that's only one source but gives a good idea).

Inoue has beaten as many champs as Loma and won titles in as many classes and is blowing out championship level guys around his class that have never been stopped as a habit. There is more than eye test here.
            But Inoue doesn't have any victories as good as Lomachenko's.

Who would you say his best win is, Cliff? Narvaez? Payano?

The guy is looking good so far. No question about it. But I can't bring myself to call him the best in the world with that resume. I need to see more.

Nery would answer a lot of questions. But of course boxing politics will prevent it.

Comment

Originally posted by THEFRESHBRAWLER View Post
              How is he not one of the best p4p fighters? He’ll beat Navarrete and Dogboe in the same night.
              Thats stu.pid

Navarrete and Dogboe are way better than the rivals of Inoue

Way better...

And they strongers and biggers

Comment

If inoue is consider "overrated"

I don't believe teofimpo is a real person

Comment

Originally posted by danceswithfire View Post
                  i thought the overrating began years ago tbh.....since then he has backed it up very impressively, when does the "trial" of legitimacy end?...a 3 div champ still not enough? come on peeps
                  Ricky Burns is a 3 divisions champion

Broner a 4 division champion

Comment

Originally posted by Mexican_Puppet View Post
                    Thats stu.pid

Navarrete and Dogboe are way better than the rivals of Inoue

Way better...

And they strongers and biggers
                    how so ?because navarette is mexican and dogboe got koed by navarette?...i get that you root for mexican fighters man but try not be too transparent and be somewhat sensible lol ...just an advice

Comment

But Inoue doesn't have any victories as good as Lomachenko's.

Who would you say his best win is, Cliff? Narvaez? Payano?

The guy is looking good so far. No question about it. But I can't bring myself to call him the best in the world with that resume. I need to see more.

Nery would answer a lot of questions. But of course boxing politics will prevent it.
                      I want to see Inoue-Nery more than any fight in boxing. Today, Hernandez, and Narvaez are his best based on where they were perceived going in. It's also the WAY he's doing it. He is nuking guys who don't otherwise get stopped. There's a RJJ/Tyson quality to what he's doing that is hard to ignore. Still don't know if he can take the BIG shot...
                      Last edited by crold1; 05-18-2019, 11:17 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X