No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Spence Says Canelo Fight Could Happen; Thinks Jacobs Won

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Free0001 View Post
    Spence and Crawford defeat Canelo, as convincingly or more so than Floyd. Why? Overall skills. Each would be a fight where the judges would not be compelled to give Canelo the close rounds. Spence and Crawford have the ability to KO Canelo.

Both Spence and Crawford, physically match up with Canelo, very well. Spence is taller and walks around as heavy or heavier than Canelo does and Crawford is the same height as Canelo.

Spence and Crawford beats every opponent that Canelo has fought and struggled with (Cotto, Lara, Trout) and could possibly beat the opponent that beat Canelo twice (GGG).

The hype train is off the rails with Canelo. He takes convincing losses to Spence or Crawford.
    Lmao.............

Comment

Spence and Crawford defeat Canelo, as convincingly or more so than Floyd. Why? Overall skills. Each would be a fight where the judges would not be compelled to give Canelo the close rounds. Spence and Crawford have the ability to KO Canelo.

Both Spence and Crawford, physically match up with Canelo, very well. Spence is taller and walks around as heavy or heavier than Canelo does and Crawford is the same height as Canelo.

Spence and Crawford beats every opponent that Canelo has fought and struggled with (Cotto, Lara, Trout) and could possibly beat the opponent that beat Canelo twice (GGG).

The hype train is off the rails with Canelo. He takes convincing losses to Spence or Crawford.
      The logic of a 10 year old African-American boy

Comment

• Just focus on PBC fighters bro. Canelo's on the wrong side of the street, just like Crawford.

By the time you finished beating them PBC folks for 3 years, , Saul is already focused on fighting Kovalev. Fans don't need to be fed with fantasy fights.

Comment

• NO ONE, and I mean no one, can beat Canelo by decision. Floyd shut him out and only came away with a majority decision.

If you can't KO Canelo, boxing won't allow you to beat him. Sad, but true.

Comment

• I don't have a problem with Spence saying he thought Jacobs did enough to win. Just like I don't cry about it when I see Mexican fighters or fans supporting other Mexicans.

I disagree with him.

The problem with Jacobs doing "enough to win" is it's not enough to win against Canelo. Jacobs had an opportunity to make a statement by being more aggressive.

Canelo caught him one time really good late in the fight and he took it well. I doubt he was in any danger of getting KO'd. Whenever Canelo advanced he would retreat rather than stand his ground. When he did stand in front of him he wouldn't let his hands go.

Boxing isn't about doing enough to win. It's about leaving no doubt in the judges mind.

In Canelo's case it is about doing enough not to look like he lost.

Comment

Comment

• Originally posted by luigi1964 View Post
                I can't believe how many people think Jacobs won. No way he did enough to win. If he started early, yes but he waited to long. A great opportunity and he gave it away. After the 6th round, yes he won about 3 or 4 rounds but not enough to win. 116 to 112 or Ill go as high as 115 - 113 like the judges had it.
                No stretch. Boxing Scene had it a draw.

Comment

• Originally posted by bigdunny1 View Post
                  Yup he's been getting roasted on social media for the flip flop folks saying he was drunk again lol

Personally I think al Haymon got him on the bat phone and said that the phuk you doing you better defend our fighters. lol
                  Why are so many saying Jacobs is a PBC fighter. He fought out of Matchroom in this contest, and his last couple fights ...

Comment

• An African-American saying that Jacobs won hahahaha

Comment

• Originally posted by angkag View Post
                      Nobody calling anyone haters. There are three categories of people who are saying Danny won:

- those close to Danny or with reason to support him
                      - trolls
                      - those studying at the Adalaide Bryd school of how to score fights

We love them all.
                      Boxing Scene scored it a draw. Maybe the biased eyes are your own. Note: I haven't said anyone won ....

Comment

Working...
                      X