Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Teofimo Lopez vs. Masayoshi Nakatani IBF Eliminator, July 19

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
    It will be very interesting to see if Lomachenko fights some bum next when he could have faced Lopez instead.

It seems like he is waiting Teofimo out until he simply can't make the weight anymore.
    Don't forget it was Commey who bailed out of the Loma fight with the hand injury, which left Loma forced into the Crolla mando.

Loma has his sights on Commey and his belt, and I would be surprised if Commey backed out of facing Loma as Commey believes he can take Loma and his belts - thats the money/glory fight for both of them, Teo isn't really a factor until after Loma/Commey are done with each other, and assuming Loma wins that, the target will be unification with the WBC belt holder, and if that not Teo, Teo still not a factor.

Only question is how Loma's hand heals up and whether that adds further delay to Loma/Commey.

Comment

Originally posted by EL_GRINGO View Post
      Why would the Wbc do that, i think they like Hearn after partly delivering Canelo Jacobs and Campbell vs Haney is also a good fight for the wbc,why give it to Lopez who won't stay at the weight long and is a position below Haney on the rankings' don't see it happening
      The WBC is happy that Oscar Dela Fishnets made the fight not Hearns who has failed to get them Wilder/Joshua, remember Canelo is the A side!

No way is Haney/Campbell a more bigger and lucrative fight than Lomachenko/Lopez!

Lopez has star power appeal and is exciting to watch!

Haney is just starting that road and Campbell is no one in the US which is where there fight would take place!(Even though I feel like it should be in the UK to help boost Haney’s fanbase and profile)!

I get what you’re saying about Lopez will be moving up in no time but the WBC don’t care about that!

They care about who’s gonna pay the sanctioning fee and which fight is bigger for their slice of the cut!

I do expect Haney vs Campbell but I wouldn’t be surprised if Bob worked his magic and then we hear about Lopez vs Campbell somehow!

Y’all are underestimating The BobFather

Comment

Top Rank matchmakers matching Teofimo against a dude who has never fought outside of Japan and has fought no one of note. Another bull**** fight!

Comment

Originally posted by sammybee View Post
          Lopez is being rushed to the lions den.Commey will humble him.
          Commey is a Robert Easter level fighter. That's not a compliment.

Comment

Originally posted by angkag View Post
            Don't forget it was Commey who bailed out of the Loma fight with the hand injury, which left Loma forced into the Crolla mando.

Loma has his sights on Commey and his belt, and I would be surprised if Commey backed out of facing Loma as Commey believes he can take Loma and his belts - thats the money/glory fight for both of them, Teo isn't really a factor until after Loma/Commey are done with each other, and assuming Loma wins that, the target will be unification with the WBC belt holder, and if that not Teo, Teo still not a factor.

Only question is how Loma's hand heals up and whether that adds further delay to Loma/Commey.
            Like I said, let's see who Lomachenko fights next.

Comment

Originally posted by angkag View Post
              You may be right. Haney sure looks like he has the goods to go on and be great, but we need to remember that while we look at Teo as being young and inexperienced, Haney is 18 months younger than Teo.

Campbell v Haney might be good for Haney even if he loses as he would get rid of the burden of the Zero, and Campbell isn't the type to put a beating on anyone, he'll outbox. So Haney would learn more in that one fight than against 5 cab drivers (bit like Loma learned as much in that one outing with Salido as he would have picked up in a couple of years vs lesser opposition).

And of course, not discounting that Haney might win. I hope the fight happens as it will be a good one however it pans out.
              I like Haney but Campbell has the advantages and has been in there with Linares for 12 and held his own....

Comment

Arum sold you an excuse why Loma - Lopez never happens and people bought it, LMAO!

Comment

So if Lomachenko fights Commey later this year as expected, then Lopez gets the winner? Cool… but who is he fighting later this year before he gets that fight early 2020? We'll TR risk the IBF mandatory spot to fight someone like Pedraza in the mean time?

Comment

So if the WBC is gonna do Campbell-Haney and Commey is being saved for Lopez, what does Loma do until 2020?

Comment

Originally posted by armindo54 View Post
                      Top Rank matchmakers matching Teofimo against a dude who has never fought outside of Japan and has fought no one of note. Another bull**** fight!
                      Don't forget that Lopez was told to get a belt first if he wanted to fight certain "top" fighters in the division. I don't know if he would go that route. He should just move up and on with his life. I know when I see a duck.

His next fight is okay with me if he could make the weight comfortably. For what, though? At this rate, he'd get that fight that he wants in 2021.
                      Last edited by BoxingIsGreat; 05-03-2019, 08:24 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X