Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Teofimo Lopez vs. Masayoshi Nakatani IBF Eliminator, July 19

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bushboy007 View Post
    Go and rewatch Campbell's last 7 fights minus his loss to Linares. He beat those guys up bad! He outboxes, yes, but he also can really punch. I think Haney can be very good, but I have only seen him with bartenders and washed up former B-level fighters. To go from that straight to an Olympic gold medalist is asking for trouble. I would not advise Haney to take that fight right now.
    I'll go back and watch more Campbell - I had him pegged more as a Saunders type, but now you mention it, haven't really seen enough of what he can do. I only remember his comeback vs Linares being impressive after Linares dominated the first 2 rounds by such a wide margin.

Comment

Originally posted by richardt View Post
      An eliminator puts him on the right track for sure. But he has to work on his weight issues.
      Yes Teo threw up a lot of red flags after Tetli wrt 'a couple of issues in camp that need to be fixed' and his body telling him he can't do 135 any more. Another year and the weight issue won't get easier for him, and he's going to be increasingly drained by the time he gets to Loma if it ever happened.

I can see Teo bailing on 135 rather than go through with the Nakatani fight. He got married after the Tatli fight too and so there's that change to his previous routine on top of whatever the camp problems were previously.

Comment

Originally posted by Ca$ual Fan View Post
        I won’t argue with that. I don’t like how Bob runs things too. For Lopez’s side, I think he’d still get a Loma shot through the IBF, he just has to make a sacrifice and extend his career at lightweight. He’s not the A-side he just can’t do it his way.

Even if Commey chooses Loma, the winner of that fight would still have to face Lopez as the mandatory and we do know how the IBF would run things. They will enforce it
        I doubt Lopez would be willing to kill him self any longer to make 135 for Loma next year unless he actually does it!

This is where The BobFather comes in and does his best work!

He can fûçk up the Haney vs Campbell fight and install Lopez as the guy Campbell has to fight or force Commey to fight Lopez after Commey gets his tune up and Loma vs Lopez can happen at the latest in December!

That’s how I see it playing out if Lopez is true to his word about him moving up to 140 next year!

I don’t know for sure but Lopez has to realize he needs Loma cuz there’s no name fighters at 140 besides Mikey Garcia(if he comes back) and Josh Taylor in Scotland!

Gonna be interesting to see who makes the move for what cuz Hearns is already gaining momentum with getting Haney that WBC title shot and will get word next week on what happens with the vacant title!

Comment

Originally posted by Squ□redCircle34 View Post
          That’s my point, Bob needs to overrule the Campbell vs Haney fight if it happens and get Lopez vs Campbell!

Commey is likely gonna fight Loma after his tune up which leaves the WBC!

Bob gonna have to come outta his wallet if he wants his boy Lopez a belt!

I just don’t see Commey choosing Lopez over Loma!
          Why would the Wbc do that, i think they like Hearn after partly delivering Canelo Jacobs and Campbell vs Haney is also a good fight for the wbc,why give it to Lopez who won't stay at the weight long and is a position below Haney on the rankings' don't see it happening

Comment

We were never gonna get Loma-Lopez

These youngsters don’t think or act like those of us born 85 or earlier.

These youngsters take pride in flopping, gossip, social media, calling out bigger names to build their rep, hiding behind promoters and computer screens, it’s quite sickening.

If Lopez wasn’t from Honduras I would hate his guts but since he reppin, I gotta root for
            Him. But he makes it extremely difficult.

To us OG’s, he’s extremely unlikeable.

Comment

Youngsters these days defend promoters and management companies like wives and worry about ratings and popularity.

Quite frankly this younger generation needs to be wiped off the planet in a real life fortnite type shoot out.

Comment

Originally posted by angkag View Post
                Yes Teo threw up a lot of red flags after Tetli wrt 'a couple of issues in camp that need to be fixed' and his body telling him he can't do 135 any more. Another year and the weight issue won't get easier for him, and he's going to be increasingly drained by the time he gets to Loma if it ever happened.

I can see Teo bailing on 135 rather than go through with the Nakatani fight. He got married after the Tatli fight too and so there's that change to his previous routine on top of whatever the camp problems were previously.
                Marriage alone puts on some weight, lol. It took me a while to get that weight back off. I think he'll bail 135 soon. His struggles are going to endanger his health.

Comment

How did Nakatani get this rating? Dude never fought outside of Japan, and never even fought a top20 guy.

Comment

Originally posted by kidbazooka View Post
                    Yea kinda like ggg and Lomachenko too.
                    Yet you created threads claiming Rigo and Linares would be ducked by Loma and how they were great fighters. You called them fighters and he made you look a fool. You said Rigo was p4p #1 even.

You said he’d get killed by both and we had loser leaves the site bet and money bets and YOU refused to honor because you are a POS.

Comment

It will be very interesting to see if Lomachenko fights some bum next when he could have faced Lopez instead.

It seems like he is waiting Teofimo out until he simply can't make the weight anymore.

Comment

Working...
                      X