Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WAR DAZN doe!

Comment

Originally posted by Double View Post
      I like DAZN, I like Fox Sports boxing, I like ESPN boxing, I like Showtime boxing, I like free streaming, I like watching fights on youtube...why? BECAUSE I LIKE BOXING GOTDAMMIT!!!
      Good man! I wholeheartedly agree

Comment

I for one as boxing fan do not wish DAZN to fail. I think it's the best deal for any true lover of the sport. I signed up to DAZN last year; September of 2018 to be exact. So I only pay $10 a month for my service.

I enjoy the WBSS as well as the Matchroom USA cards and even the Golden Boy Promotion cards as well. One cannot honestly say that they are a boxing fan and wish any of the major platforms which carry boxing to fail; Whether it's ESPN, Fox, FS1, CBS, Showtime or DAZN.

If you want to see either of these platforms fail then you are not a true boxing fan and don't love boxing. Which makes you a damn hypocrite and a liar.

Comment

Originally posted by champion4ever View Post
          I for one as boxing fan do not wish DAZN to fail. I think it's the best deal for any true lover of the sport. I signed up to DAZN last year; September of 2018 to be exact. So I only pay $10 a month for my service.

I enjoy the WBSS as well as the Matchroom USA cards and even the Golden Boy Promotion cards as well. One cannot honestly say that they are a boxing fan and wish any of the major platforms which carry boxing to fail; Whether it's ESPN, Fox, FS1, CBS, Showtime or DAZN.

If you want to see either of these platforms fail then you are not a true boxing fan and don't love boxing. Which makes you a damn hypocrite and a liar.
          Hopefully you have that same type of energy when veteran posters say $20 a month, when they know most are just buying the single month for a big bout but don’t mention it, that you mention something...

Comment

Originally posted by sicko View Post
            Why Speculate, do a little research and you will find answers...

Well yeah at this very moment the numbers are not coming back great I'm sure but it is very early for DAZN. That is why they're spending just ridiculous amounts of money to build up the APP, the hope is that THIS FIGHT can give them a boost in Subscriptions

They're just using boxing for now because it is AVAILABLE TO THEM but make no mistake, the hope is to land the BIGGER and more Profitable Sports in America like the NFL. Basically DAZN is waiting and Positioning itself with the HOPES to land NFL Sunday Ticket which=$$$. Landing that will be bigger than landing any BOXER here in the U.S. the good thing for boxing is that it is going to take a few years for them to get the NFL so for now Boxers should "Get Why The Getting Is Good" from DAZN while they're pumping money into boxing because no it won't last at least not that his current rate in which they're spending on boxing

I LOVEboxing but I think a lot of us boxing fans are in straight up denial about how popular our sport really is here in AMERICA. The Sport as a whole, nobody gives a sh#t about, they only care about certain boxers and that is it.

As others have posted on this forum, it is a the ultimate "NICHE SPORT". Not a coincidence that it is neck and neck with Horse Racing because that is exactly how boxing is treated. Nobody watches the other Horse Races that the Horses are in before the Kentucky Derby, they only tune in for the Kentucky Derby once a year and after that they go back to not caring and they show up and do it again next year

So making it about DAZN vs PBC vs Top Rank...our sport as a whole is having issues with Ticket Sales, Ratings/Views, Subscribers and PPV Buys and it won't get any better when the fans are so HATEFUL and DIVIDED!
            There's no question that DAZN is in the red and struggling to define its brand at the moment. All new ventures do. It's the reason why they had to raise their subscription prices and mortgage off some of their equity in order to keep the company afloat.

In addition, boxing is not a mainstream sport in America anymore. Hardly anyone watches it outside of boxing fans. However, if DAZN could somehow add the NBA pass or the NFL Sunday ticket to their platform then the subscription rates would skyrocket through the roof in the U.S.

Comment

Originally posted by Frankie2Jabs View Post
              Hopefully you have that same type of energy when veteran posters say $20 a month, when they know most are just buying the single month for a big bout but don’t mention it, that you mention something...
              Which is very true. People have their own agendas and have the right to purchase what they want. You are right. Most of the boxing fans who are subscribing to DAZN now are doing so on a fight by fight basis. Which means they are only subscribing when one of their favorite fighters are fighting like Canelo Alvarez. Other than that they are not in the least bit interested in subscribing to the service. They are more interested in subscribing to an event.

Comment

Originally posted by Frankie2Jabs View Post
                Most of the boxing fans who are purchasing DAZN on a fight by fight basis are doing so because they are getting their sources from free online streaming.

Comment

Originally posted by champion4ever View Post
                  Most of the boxing fans who are purchasing DAZN on a fight by fight basis are doing so because they are getting their sources from free online streaming.
                  Of course, there’s no problem with that. DAZN makes good money doing this method. There are also MMA fans that want to watch particular Bellator fights which I don’t follow nor know their dates. I don’t know the state of mind of MMA fans spending $20 for an event along with other bouts in that month.

Comment

Working...
                  X