No announcement yet.

Wow Dazn is in Bad Shape!!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
    While I agree completely that the TS needs a credible source in order to be believed, I read the article and didn't see where they said DAZN was "approaching 1M subscribers in the US".

The article states: DAZN has reportedly set a goal of expanding to one million subscribers in the next several weeks and We will see how long it takes for DAZN to reach that one million subscriber goal in the US..

"Approaching 1 million" is also very vague. 100,000 subscriptions can be defined as approaching 1 million the same as 750,000 can.
    It's almost meaningless without context because we don't know if it's nearly 1M current or nearly 1M have paid at some point (and may or may not have canceled). Either way, it's weaker than I expected. If I was an investor I'd be crying over those numbers. But, we'll see what happens. Hopefully Cinco pulls in some subs.

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
      It's almost meaningless without context because we don't know if it's nearly 1M current or nearly 1M have paid at some point (and may or may not have canceled). Either way, it's weaker than I expected. If I was an investor I'd be crying over those numbers. But, we'll see what happens. Hopefully Cinco pulls in some subs.
      I expect it will. I think the advertising will start to hit urban radio now so that will boost sales. Also PPV sales usually come in the day of the fight so I expect DAZN will get a ton of subs on Sat leading up to the fight.

They need to make ordering DAZN fights easy like PPV. Once that happens I expect a rise in subs as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
        It's funny how this place has people giving dazn free advertising and promotion and on the other side of the coin, people making up figures to defame them. Both are equally bizarre to me. I've a feeling if I could see what these people actually look like, I would think, "Ah... that makes more sense."

Comment

Originally posted by Fanofreason View Post
          It’s on the advertising sheet. By law to buy commercials you have to release subscribers and average viewership.
          You lying just like you lied when you made this thread

https://www.boxingscene.com/forums/s...d.php?t=813761

2 different insiders reporting the opposite of you. One said they are already almost 1 mil and will likely hit 1 mil by this weekend. Another reported they are planning on hitting 1 mil in the next couple weeks. Let's see do we take the word of an proven liar who has red reputation attached to his screen name or 2 different insiders? Hmmm tough one
          Last edited by bigdunny1; 05-02-2019, 08:37 AM.

Comment

While I agree completely that the TS needs a credible source in order to be believed, I read the article and didn't see where they said DAZN was "approaching 1M subscribers in the US".

The article states: DAZN has reportedly set a goal of expanding to one million subscribers in the next several weeks and We will see how long it takes for DAZN to reach that one million subscriber goal in the US..

"Approaching 1 million" is also very vague. 100,000 subscriptions can be defined as approaching 1 million the same as 750,000 can.
            There is no way they are at 100K subscribers lol 2 different Insiders reporting. They are close and will hit 1M this weekend according to 1 insider and the other more broad stating DAZN targeting hitting 1M in a couple weeks. 750K, 999K right now who knows. My point is the thread starter is clearly lying and was already exposed for making threads lying.

By the way Canelo's last 3 PPVs all each did 1M buys or more. Those fans don't just disappear because his fight is now on DAZN for a fraction of the price lol Canelo vs Jacobs is the biggest fight in boxing right now and as close to a 50/50 fight as you can get for a big fight. Alot of people have either already subscribed or will before Saturday.
            Last edited by bigdunny1; 05-02-2019, 08:39 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by bigdunny1 View Post
              You lying just like you lied when you made this thread

https://www.boxingscene.com/forums/s...d.php?t=813761

2 different insiders reporting the opposite of you. One said they are already almost 1 mil and will likely hit 1 mil this weekend. Another reported they are planning on hitting 1 mil in the next couple weeks. Let's see do we take the word of an proven liar who has red reputation attached to his screen name or 2 different insiders? Hmmm tough one
              I dont know why he isnt banned. He also claimed to own a marketing agency which supposedly sold fake App downloads for DAZN.

Comment

Originally posted by bigdunny1 View Post
                There is no way they are at 100K subscribers lol 2 different Insiders reporting. They are close and will hit 1M this weekend according to 1 insider and the other more broad stating DAZN targeting hitting 1M in a couple weeks. 750K, 999K right now who knows. My point is the thread starter is clearly lying and was already exposed for making threads lying.

By the way Canelo's last 3 PPVs all each did 1M buys or more. Those fans don't just disappear because his fight is now on DAZN for a fraction of the price lol Canelo vs Jacobs is the biggest fight in boxing right now and as close to a 50/50 fight as you can get for a big fight. Alot of people have either already subscribed or will before Saturday.
                Ok, I agree the TS could be lying and has an agenda. That said, the article didn't state what you posted. It didn't say 'close to 1 million". It said "approaching", which is a vague term that leads the reader but avoids a definitive statement. It could be 750k, but it could be 150k.

I just wanted to clarify that. I am in no way saying his figure of 43 k is correct or believable.

I agree and said same to Redd Foxx. I expect just like most PPV sales are day of, I expect a lot of DAZN sales day of. He made a good point though, you don't know how many subscribers have canceled after the free month.

Comment

Ok, I agree the TS could be lying and has an agenda. That said, the article didn't state what you posted. It didn't say 'close to 1 million". It said "approaching", which is a vague term that leads the reader but avoids a definitive statement. It could be 750k, but it could be 150k.

I just wanted to clarify that. I am in no way saying his figure of 43 k is correct or believable.

I agree and said same to Redd Foxx. I expect just like most PPV sales are day of, I expect a lot of DAZN sales day of. He made a good point though, you don't know how many subscribers have canceled after the free month.
                  DAZN ended free trials back in like January. Nobody watching on DAZN isn't paying a subscription if that's what you getting at thinking they are counting free trials not paying customers. You are saying one insider is vague on how many subscribers they have today but clearly states within a couple weeks they planning to hit 1 mil. The other insider who you are are ignoring used to work for HBO and flat out said they are almost at 1 mi subscribers right now today and will likely hit 1 mil by this weekend. Whoever you choose to believe they are not at 100K subscribers that's just dumb. Canelo's fans alone have come out and drove 1M ppv buys his last 3 fights before signing with DAZN only a fool thinks that by drastically cutting the price to watch his fights you will end up with less then 100K subscribers. They will be hitting 1M subscribers just look at their schedule Canelo vs Jacobs May 4, Joshua vs Ruiz June 1 and GGG bs Rolls June 8. Canelo and Joshua fans all within the same month and GGG fans within 5 weeks. Those fighters and their fanbases alone will get 1M subscribers and that's before you mention WBSS and the rest of the content they have like Bellator MMA or their new MLB baseball deal.
                  Last edited by bigdunny1; 05-02-2019, 09:02 AM.

Comment

He made a good point though, you don't know how many subscribers have canceled after the free month.
                    How many times does it need to be said that the Free trials were over?

Comment

As a fight fan, you have to like what DAZN is trying to do as far as making fights. From WBSS to giving us fights televised we may otherwise not see to paying fighters well. Really, why would any fight fan not like that?

I think if there is any beef with DAZN, it’s that they are shrinking the potential viewing audience which is what PPV did. I don’t see how that helps the sport. That’s reflected in their numbers. I don’t think this fight does that well for that reason but it’s still a good fight. It is what it is.

Comment

Working...
                      X