Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Spence: Arum Is Doing Crawford Dirty; Promotes Lomachenko More

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ake-Dawg View Post
    Why try and spin race or racism into this. His points were reasonable even if you disagree.

It's almost like you're saying "ignore what he said" he is a racist.
    Pay this dude no mind, he is projecting, clearly he has issues with African Americans, to the point, that he will inject his feelings into a debate that has nothing to do with race.

Comment

• Originally posted by pillowfists98 View Post
      If Spence is such a big star then why isn't Spence-Porter going to be on PPV?
      It's a borderline event that Showtime reached into the pocket to cover is my guess; we'll get a better idea when the event gets closer, tbh.

Wilder-Breazeale, Spence-Porter, the eventual WBC/WBA/IBF 154lb fight are currently in that same borderline conversation; without Showtime paying up, you're forced to chance PPV and likely barely break even (or make extra money in a surprise drum-up of interest).

Personally, with Wilder and Spence specifically, I say you put both on PPV and just run with it; both topped 350k on their first PPV efforts, both's second PPV efforts were against lesser attractions that should've still broken even, and you get the start on the PPV run going.

Comment

• Originally posted by BoxHec View Post
        That's why Loma **** his pants when they mentioned him to face Crawford at 140 LOL! Crawford his into a hot division with Spence, Pac, Thurman, Danny Garcia, Porter, Brook etc, a lot a PPV here, when Loma well.. and Arum is Arum, he love white boys.. Loma an amazing boxer but the day he will fight a great black American boxer it will be over for him (remember the unbeatable Kovaleva? LOL!) .. and Loma even ducked Mikey Garcia at 130 and also Pacquiao at 135... Loma, his team and his fans don't want him to take risk, he was exposed two time by B-class world champ, imagine against a real great boxer same size or bigger than him, KO or TKO to coming... , all that BS from Loma, his team and his fans make me laugh
        Crawford is 160 lbs fight night. Lomachhenko is 138 lbs fight night. Why would he fight him? Crawford killed himself to make 135. Did you see his weight cutting video?

Comment

• Don’t hold your breath for this happening anytime soon

Comment

• Originally posted by Mister Wolf View Post

Them stands for the tennis court section of the Home Depot Center look empty as hell. The boss of Swift Promotions did a great job
            You're ignoring the point; from the jump, saying that there may have 6000 in a 8500-seat venue (70% of the building) acknowledged that.

Still, 6000 tickets at $50-$250 (or however many tickets were sold) is a good chunk of money, on top of the money that Fox Sports paid to have the fight on FOX ($60m a year for 22 dates, assuming a stagger between the pay for the FS1 shows versus the FOX shows, we could easily be talking about $3m), on top of the money paid by ITV for the UK rights, on top of the sponsor allotment, etc.

The cost of the event was what it was, and the folks who staged the fight got their customary fee, but even after all of that is done, there's still a ton of money not spoken for, and Danny's manager (Haymon) will make sure that all money is accounted for.

Comment

• Originally posted by Butch.McRae View Post
              What was racial about his comments? Everything he said was true lol They didn't promote the fight until about 6 days before it took place.
              Madison boxing does not understand that blacks are allowed to be racists and no one can even point it out

Comment

• Straight facts !!!

That man is doing nothing but telling the facts. Doing business with Arum is one of the worst descions Crawford has made. Him going after Hayman and using the race card has now put any fight with Spence in jepordy. Spence doesn't have to jump , he's already established in the division. I don't know why people think Crawford deserves top consideration, he really hasn't done anything in the division YET

Comment

• Crawford just headlined a PPV and had a guarantee of $5.5 million. Who knows what he made on top of that, a few mill more? Spence just made like $3 million for fighting Mikey Garcia.

Yeah, take that for what it's worth, lol.

Comment

• Originally posted by AdonisCreed View Post
                    “I like Terence,” Spence said. “I feel like Terence is a great fighter. I’ve nothing but respect for Terence. I’ve got Terence’s number in my phone right now. He wished me good luck in my last fight. I’ve got nothing but respect for him. I just feel like they’re doing him dirty. They gave Tyson Fury that big-ass deal, and then they give Terence Crawford a $3 million deal. Come on! That’s a slap in the face right there.”

That line was spot on and I didn't even think about that. Tyson Fury just joined Top Rank and previously came back from drug rehab and got a 100 million dollar deal. Meanwhile Crawford has been loyal to Top Rank for years and has barely touched 10-15 million in his whole career lol And he still chose to re-up with Top Rank even though there are no other top ww's in house with him. Not to mention Bob Arum didn't even give Crawford the Pacquiao fight to help boost his profile. Arum gave Pac to Jeff Horn of all people. How can you do that to your guy who's top 3 p4p. Spence is right they aren't promoting Crawford enough and I also almost forgot about his fight with Khan. And if that's not bad enough the Khan fight wasn't a good fight and if Crawford can't get Danny Garcia or Spence, he's going to fight another no name guy. Crawford better hope Jose Ramirez moves up to 147 or he's gonna be hurting.
                    heavy weights ALWAYS made more money you stupid black panther bas tard. Fury after all that time off being a fat drunk fought the best HW after only one tune up.

Comment

• Spence is literally trying to friend crawford to stop the fight from happening.

Comment

Working...
                      X