Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Luis Ortiz Turned Down $5M, Asked For $10M To Fight Joshua 6/1

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by MeanestNiceGuy View Post
    Exactly! Why in THE hell were they ready to pay Miller THAT much money when he's done dick in the sport???

Boxing fans still see Ortiz as a threat and keep naming him in these "fantasy fights", but the second he asks for more money on short notice, he's being unreasonable???

Crazy.

Again, WTF has Miller done to deserve what they were about to pay him? He was about to get what, $6.5M? $8M?

People are crazy if they think Ortiz isn't worth that much but Miller is. Smh
    Again, Miller has batter resume than ortiz, lol.

Comment

• Really disappointing from Ortiz.

Especially considering he has a chance to win aswell.

Comment

• Originally posted by Redgloveman View Post
        Because the guy was offered a chance to take control of the division and was being given TEN TIMES his highest ever payday for the privilege.

This is assuming that it was only $5m that was offered because Hearn claims that it was significantly more and that he will expose it when a fight is made for June 1.
        Yes he was offered 10 times his highest payday, but isn't AJ a bigger star than Wilder (financially)?

I'm only coming from that angle because this is AJ's U.S. debut and he should be facing a decent opponent.

I mean, Miller was a decent choice, but everybody pretty much knew the outcome.

I'm in the mind that he doesn't necessarily deserve $10M, but I feel he should've gunned for that amount until they negotiated a lower price.

That $5M was probably a solid number, but sheesh....wouldn't you ask for a bit more? I mean, he IS fighting AJ of all people.

I won't argue you down about your point because it's valid as well and I appreciate....but it is AJ we're talking about here. Who's to say Ortiz would've gotten a call after he beat Miller?

Comment

• Originally posted by JakeTheBoxer View Post
          Again, Miller has batter resume than ortiz, lol.
          Stop it! Lol

Ortiz has face Kauffman, Hammer, Jennings, Scott, Thompson, and Wilder.

Miller didn't quite reach that level just yet. I mean, hell, there's only like 10 HWs anyway. Lol

Comment

• Originally posted by techliam View Post
            There you have it

There’s no other way to describe it, that is a duck.

That is not a lowball offer considering Ortiz stock has plummeted since being knocked out by Wilder
            Styles make fights and Ortiz is a threat to AJ, he can box, has high ring IQ, and can pop. Not to mention southpaw.

Comment

• Originally posted by MeanestNiceGuy View Post
              Stop it! Lol

Ortiz has face Kauffman, Hammer, Jennings, Scott, Thompson, and Wilder.

Miller didn't quite reach that level just yet. I mean, hell, there's only like 10 HWs anyway. Lol
              Miller beat Duhaupas and Washington, two Wilder`s championship wins. That`s better than anything Ortiz did.

Kauffman and Scott are bums.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
                Good luck drawing American eyeballs to Joshua with Michael Hunter or Manuel Charr or Junior Fa.

Luis Ortiz is the only top class heavyweight available that will give the event a big fight feel.

It doesn't have to be $10 million but he does deserve what Miller would have gotten.
                I dont agree with those challenger names and ortiz is probably the pick of the bunch but it is 5 million which is by far his highest purse and yet ortiz only recieved 350k fighting wilder and yet 5 million is bad in your eyes against joshua lol.....come on you know that sounds ridiculous don't you....plus miller was only getting 6 million and i am sure another million could have been negotiated and yet they then went into social media derising the 5 million purse and yet they don't have one option that gives them 25% of that purse

Comment

• Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
                  I wonder how long people have been following boxing when they come out with crap like this.

Can you name me one time in history the replacement opponent of a big name fighter got more than the original opponent based on short notice?

I'll wait.
                  its ridiculous....these wilder fans are lunatics lol

Comment

• Comment

• that's a damn shame what the hell is wrong with these people????? 10mil???????? yeah we gotta call a spade a spade that was terrible he shoulda took it hes at the end of career

Comment

Working...
                      X