Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Luis Ortiz Turned Down $5M, Asked For $10M To Fight Joshua 6/1

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ake-Dawg View Post
    I'm okay with the $10M ask. You can't get what you don't ask for. I'm also okay with the turn down of $5M. Short notice presents a risk and the guy you're replacing has less to lose by losing to Joshua and was getting $6.5M.

To me, if Ortiz turns down anything above the $6.5M Miller was getting, I'm not sure he wanted the fight or maybe wasn't sure he could get PEDs out of his system before VADA testing kicked in.

Those who were sure that Hearn would offered the $6.5 must eat crow. It's not lowball based on Ortiz past purses, but it is low-ball based on Miller's purse. And no, Miller does not have a strong following in NY even though he's from there. If you've seen his fights, you'd know that.
    Just as long as you call American fighters cowards when others ask for millions to fight them. Don't change your tune then. You hear me?

Comment

• Originally posted by Noelanthony View Post
      Yeah I get all that but even if there was a Wilder vs Ortiz 2, I can’t see Ortiz making more than 3 million . So to turn down 3 belts and 5 million is bizarre. Now the worst case scenario for Ortiz is that he doesn’t get a title shot from Wilder and to be honest what does Wilder gain facing him again? I can’t see wilder keen to rematch him and why should he
      Read my post 260 where I laid this out a lil more in detail & tell me your thoughts then.

Comment

• Originally posted by that g View Post
        there's a difference between a fair, good-will negotiation and a "i'm walking cos i didn't get 10 mil" press release.

why are you so much against Matchroom Boxing and Anthony Joshua making as much money as they can?
        Did Ortiz or his team say give me 10 million or I walk? I haven't read or heard that they did anything for anyone to insinuate that they did.

As I understand it, Joshua's purse is set. Any money going to Ortiz comes out of Matchroom or DAZN pockets. I am for the fighters getting the majority of the money, not the management or promotions.

Comment

• Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
          Anthony Joshua should sign with PBC. Eddie has no one for him to fight.

This just shows Wilder holds all the keys.
          You should be pitied oh delusional child. You Americans and your insecurities and bitterness.

Take care.

Comment

• LOL! get real, king kong. no one knows you exist. 50 grand would be enough

Comment

Some of you DKSAB. The only thing you can type about is calling a fighter a "duck". Now it's a duck if you don't fight the supposed best heavyweight in the business on short notice.
              Funny, you're one of the worse when it comes to calling AJ a duck when it's all bullshlt. When Wilder ducks, you make pathetic and crazy excuses up for him.

But now you're complaining? Sorry, it doesn't wash with me. I've got a brain.

Comment

• Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
                Probably neither. Eddie has options. Ortiz has options. Thats why they didn't agree on a deal. Deals don't get made when both parties got a lot of options generally. The nature of deals is that of a partnership of equal need or even of equal pain if some middle ground is needed to be found. Neither of these sides realllllllly need each other right now. Or needed each other enough you could say.

Now could they come to regret it? Sure. If Hunter upsets Joshua with some slick boxing Hearn might have wished he'd have paid off grandpa. And if Ortiz gets sidestepped by Wilder & never gets another title shot he might have wished he'd taken the 5 millie. But you can't pick your past decisions on what the future results end up being.
                lol nice way to duck the question. its who will regret their decision more, not who will regret their decision, period.
                if ortiz gets in a fight with wilder for less money, then he's the one regretting more.

Comment

• Originally posted by whatismyname View Post
                  Give it to Hughie!!
                  Hearn will make him cry too.

Comment

• Originally posted by Noelanthony View Post
                    For the same reason people are on here when a promoter logically tries to lowball a rival fighter.... it’s boxing
                    That really doesn't explain some posters take whatever they offer you attitude.

Comment

Did Ortiz or his team say give me 10 million or I walk? I haven't read or heard that they did anything for anyone to insinuate that they did.

As I understand it, Joshua's purse is set. Any money going to Ortiz comes out of Matchroom or DAZN pockets. I am for the fighters getting the majority of the money, not the management or promotions.
                      lol come on.
                      you don't have to deny every point you can't argue with. the very article referenced by OP talks specifically about that. and my comment wasn't "give me 10 mill or i walk". you could have simply copied and pasted.

Comment

Working...
                      X