Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Luis Ortiz Turned Down $5M, Asked For $10M To Fight Joshua 6/1

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by that g View Post
    lol come on.
    you don't have to deny every point you can't argue with. the very article referenced by OP talks specifically about that. and my comment wasn't "give me 10 mill or i walk". you could have simply copied and pasted.
    What was there to deny?

Comment

• what the **** Ortiz is going to regret not taking this offer, he is old and hasn't got that much stock to make close to that ever.

Biggest mistake of his career and he will regret this decision for the rest of his life. Back to making 500K against Wilder again though! Horrible handling of his career, jesus.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lemonhead_Jeff View Post
        Matchroom are the one's who set the bar.
        If they thought Miller was worth 6-7 million, then why
        would they expect a higher-profile, higher-ranked fighter
        to accept less money, especially on short notice? Seriously.
        Don't bother to reply if you can only trash Ortiz' recent
        performaces.
        You can't argue that Miller is more well-known or respected
        than Ortiz has been in recent years. Ortiz deserved to be
        offered AT LEAST what Miller was supposedly making, and
        rightfully deserves more on short notice. Offering less than
        they were willing to pay Miller is either an insult to Ortiz,
        or a clear sign that they do not really want to give Ortiz
        the fight. It's both, actually.
        Like I said before, you can revel in Hearn's shrewd
        negotiation tactics while you watch Joshua beat Hunter.
        That will be on PPV in the UK, wont it? Enjoy!
        The bar on a New York fighter in New York after being strong armed after everyone else was ducking. But you support this cowardice and f3cking AJ over don't you?

Did Floyd set his bar by getting paid less in the Gatti and De La Hoya fights too?

You're a clown for all to see.

Comment

• Do Ortiz is stupid for turning down $5 million but Joshua...... nah nevermind that

Comment

• Can we all just address the obvious?

Haymon doesn't want any of his fighters fighting on DAZN. Despite the opportunity for his stable to make exponentially more money. The clowns under Haymon want nothing more than to see this event fail. They don't even hide the fact they want Joshua to fail so DAZN will go under. They have literally no intention of fighting or even addressing anything Joshua related for Wilder. It's like they live in a make believe world where DAZN will just disappear along with Joshua and Wilder will just be crowned the Heavyweight kingpin by default. They don't want Wilder to fight Joshua and they only want to obstruct anything Joshua is doing with DAZN.

Comment

• Good stuff bro. I also was trying to figure out his stock had Rose since he was knocked out by Wilder. "Explain"... 😂😂

Comment

• Hearn will do all he can to prevent Ortiz from putting a beating on juicesha. They will try to get that blob Ruiz in there

Comment

• Originally posted by Boxing lives View Post
                  Hearn will do all he can to prevent Ortiz from putting a beating on juicesha. They will try to get that blob Ruiz in there
                  This the kinda nonsense people spew when they have an agenda

Comment

• Originally posted by bigdunny1 View Post
                    I do agree that Hearn phuked this all up. They got extorted then agreed to overpay for B side opponents. Now those past offers are coming back to bite them with every fighter they approach demanding more and more. They overpaid big baby because he is American a trash talker and signed with Hearn. Now 40 year old Cubans who can't sell shyt in the US are now making 10M demands lol Hearn created that monster.
                    Nah, the cowards most certainly wouldn't fight then. They're having trouble now accepting. If there was less money, no one would fight AJ.

Comment

• Why not match the miller offer? I dont get it. They know like we know Ortiz will bring in far more bread as a dance partner than miller. So why not match it or add 1 mill(8 mill) for the short notice? Whats the problem? Why Miller get 6-7 but Ortiz 5? Maybe its the old "we start low, they start high, we meet in the middle" move. But yea I see how his handlers would be like "wtf!?"

On the other hand, I also feel like yea...you old papi. Outside of wilder 2, aint many more big paydays of this level on the horizon. Take your chances, beat his ass and take 3 belts and collect 20 mill from aj 2 or wilder 2 in the fall.

Comment

Working...
                      X