Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Luis Ortiz Turned Down $5M, Asked For $10M To Fight Joshua 6/1

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by TreJac View Post
    Has anyone noticed Ortiz last few fights since loosing to Wilder? I'll wait...…. He fought on the undercards of Garcia/Easter, Wilder/Fury, & Laura/Castano and wasn't even the co-main event on any of those events. He took home $200,000-$300,000 per fight! Ortiz is being used by his for political gain and not being compensated well for his services!
    Interesting, it makes no sense for him to turn down this fight. It is not as if Boxers are on a consistent wage, they earn from fight to fight. 'Surely Ortiz has made some mega pay days? But turning down this opportunity maybe is abit unwise'.

Too bad Matchroom could not move this fight back by 3 weeks, as I suspect Ortiz has not been in training.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lemonhead_Jeff View Post
      If Miller was worth 6 or 7 million, then surely Ortiz is worth 10.
      Miller had never faced or beaten a legitimate contender, and he
      was mostly selected because he had already aligned himself
      with DAZN. Ortiz has a better resume, a more fearsome rep,
      and would probably generate more interest with fans in NY
      than Miller. Ortiz deserves to make more than Miller would have.
      Matchroom wont even consider spending the money on Ortiz
      when they can have Michael Hunter for a million. They don't
      care. Joshua's fans, at least the British ones, are not picky.
      Yeah, you're right. Ortiz is worth 10 Mill. To be fair, he's worth about 60 Mill. But you know what Hearn and the coward AJ are like, hey?

You stay sane and unbiased now you hear me? Good boy.

Comment

• Originally posted by bigdunny1 View Post
        I've said this before when the clear B side is making all these excuses and putting up hurdles they just don't want the fight. When you have made career high 500K and are offer 5M but say screw that I need 10M what more is there to say. Wilder was guaranteed 5M to fight Fury and he's the A side. How you going to pay Ortiz 5M against Wilder? You need to pay Wilder more then that and all for a fight that will flop on PPV. He's not getting 5M against Wilder or anyone else hell he hasn't made 5M total his entire career now he wants 10M? Only fighters making 10M are canelo, Pacquiao, GGG...yeah 40 year old Ortiz is in that same sentence as a draw. This dude is a undercard fighter. Only fight he's had in the last 2 years that was a main event was against Wilder. Now he wants A side PPV money? Lmao
        So you telling me you don't negotiate or don't know how to negotiate? Cuz this is the f#cking business boxers & promoters are in.

Promoters are trying to get fighters to fight for as lil money as possible & fighters are trying to get paid as much to fight as possible. This is the most free market capitalism on steroids sport there is & everyone is a private owner trying to maximize their profit.

I mean do you think Team Ortiz was demanding $10M or they were walking or could they have been merely saying $10M to ideally get offered something in the ballpark of $7.5M give or take a mill-ish maybe?

I know this doesn't fit into a lot of people's simple narrative of "he scared" or "he ducking" & that sorta sh^t, but this is these mfers livelihoods & futures being built & invested in & its just not as simple as "he scared" or "he ducking". All these mfers are trying to make what they feel is the best decision for them for their talent to be rewarded & their risks to be compensated for.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mister Wolf View Post
          If hearn wasnt offering the same Miller was supposed to get then that's a bull**** offer.
          Yeah, 10x his biggest pay is bullshlt. He's better off fighting for 200K against bums while screaming he'll fight AJ for free whenever he's ready, because in order to prove you're the best, you have to beat the best. Great words from Ortiz who is obviously a man of his word. Just like Wilder.

Hearn and AJ are the bad people here. Even in no evidence of that exists. There's plenty for Ortiz and Wilder, but they're innocent.

Good one.

Comment

• Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
            So you telling me you don't negotiate or don't know how to negotiate? Cuz this is the f#cking business boxers & promoters are in.

Promoters are trying to get fighters to fight for as lil money as possible & fighters are trying to get paid as much to fight as possible. This is the most free market capitalism on steroids sport there is & everyone is a private owner trying to maximize their profit.

I mean do you think Team Ortiz was demanding $10M or they were walking or could they have been merely saying $10M to ideally get offered something in the ballpark of $7.5M give or take a mill-ish maybe?

I know this doesn't fit into a lot of people's simple narrative of "he scared" or "he ducking" & that sorta sh^t, but this is these mfers livelihoods & futures being built & invested in & its just not as simple as "he scared" or "he ducking". All these mfers are trying to make what they feel is the best decision for them for their talent to be rewarded & their risks to be compensated for.
            In this situation Hearn doesn’t have time for all that cat and mouse BS, he has a hard date set, the fighters need to get into camps, there’s promo material and dates to schedule.

Ortiz’ side might see at as the perfect time to negotiate but from Hearn’s side a warm body that’s reliably gonna turn up is far more appealing than a guy that’s coming off a loss to a guy AJ beat, who is a notorious PED user (so could end up being pulled out like Miller).

It’s just not worth the hassle for Hearn and def not worth paying a premium for.

Comment

• Originally posted by TreJac View Post
              Ortiz more known? Really? Has anyone noticed Ortiz last few fights since loosing to Wilder? I'll wait...…. He fought on the undercards of Garcia/Easter, Wilder/Fury, & Laura/Castano and wasn't even the co-main event on any of those but somehow he's more known? He took home $200,000-$300,000 per fight! Ortiz is being used by his team for political gain and not being compensated well for his services!
              He's more known. I'm also pretty confident that you can't make an argument for Miller being more popular then Ortiz. So since that is the case then how do you justify paying an inferior & less well known fighter in Miller 7.5 mill but Ortiz 5? As I said I don't think Ortiz deserves 10 mill but he at least deserves what Miller was offered if not a 500k more. Dispute my opinion of his worth I personally think he should take the 5 mill as it will still be his biggest pay day regardless.

Comment

• Originally posted by bigdunny1 View Post
                I do agree that Hearn phuked this all up. They got extorted then agreed to overpay for B side opponents. Now those past offers are coming back to bite them with every fighter they approach demanding more and more. They overpaid big baby because he is American a trash talker and signed with Hearn. Now 40 year old Cubans who can't sell shyt in the US are now making 10M demands lol Hearn created that monster.
                It wasn't a 10 million dollar demand, it was a 10 million dollar asked. It's called negotiating. The article stated that Kern Was preparing another offer, sounds like Ortiz and his team are right where they want to be. Why are you and others so much against a fighter seeking to maximize his purse every time he steps in the ring?

Comment

• Give it to Hughie!!

Comment

• Originally posted by angkag View Post
                    Might just be negotiating. If Ortiz expected the same terms as Miller, then saw a lower offer come in, the 10m counter could be a 'eff u, I want my 6.5'. I highly suspect Hearn goes back with a 6.5 and Ortiz accepts it - if he doesn't, Hearn should move on.

Hearn might have suspected if he went in at 6.5, Ortiz would try push to 7.5 or something - so Hearn might have gone low so as to be able to lock in 6.5 once the fur started to fly.
                    I was thinking Hearn might have done this only a couple of minutes ago. I think he will offer the 6.5 next time round. Good call.

Comment

• Originally posted by techliam View Post
                      There you have it

There’s no other way to describe it, that is a duck.

That is not a lowball offer considering Ortiz stock has plummeted since being knocked out by Wilder
                      Couldn’t have said it better. You may want to negotiate and that’s fair enough but you can’t call 5 mil a lowball!

Comment

Working...
                      X