Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Luis Ortiz Turned Down $5M, Asked For $10M To Fight Joshua 6/1

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More money in the bank for King Kong before he starts inhaling spray of some sort...

Comment

• This is not a good look for Team Joshua and Matchroom. They are basically being strong armed by someone with no leverage at the bargaining table.

Right now, Ortiz has Team Joshua and Matchroom by the balls. He's really putting the squeeze on them.

If Team Joshua does come back with a counter offer and they still reject it; It's gonna make Team Joshua and Matchroom look very weak and desperate.

Personally, I would have told Team Ortiz to go to Hell and kicked them out of my office after they rejected the initial offer. They are playing games. They know damn well that Ortiz is not worth more than $5 mil.

They need to catch a hint. Ortiz has no intentions of taking the fight. It's a bluff. They are going squeeze every dime they can get out of Matchroom and DAZN until they squeeze them dry.

Comment

• At this point...Give It To Him! DAZN set a standard by throwing around money like crazy so do it again and get this one done because that is what the fans want to see

Of course he is not worth that much but Michael Hunter and Andy Ruiz, both who I like are not going to do much for AJ debut in America. Time is running out and it is really no other LEGIT Needle Moving type of options for AJ

Should Keep negotiating and try to get something done

Comment

• Originally posted by Ake-Dawg View Post
          Some of you DKSAB. The only thing you can type about is calling a fighter a "duck". Now it's a duck if you don't fight the supposed best heavyweight in the business on short notice.
          They have some weak arguments, buts OK for AJ to say his fans need to get in shape. Its dangerous for Ortiz to go into this on short notice. I prefer some young gun to Ortiz, because he's 40 years old. He needs a fair chance, or more money.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lemonhead_Jeff View Post
            Well, while you watch Joshua vs Hunter, you can enjoy the fact
            that Ortiz is not going to be over-payed. That's the most important
            thing to a boxing fan, right?
            When fighter make ridiculous demands like Ortiz, they are really saying they don't want the fight. Only person to blame here is Ortiz.

Comment

• Originally posted by kafkod View Post
              "Multiple sources also have confirmed to BoxingScene.com that Al Haymon, who advises Wilder and Ortiz, has discussed with Ortiz’s team the possibility of a Wilder-Ortiz rematch taking place as soon as September."

But wait ... I thought Haymon and Finkel were planning a mega bucks offer to AJ to fight Wilder on Showtime PPV after Breazeale was out of the way?
              Originally posted by Ake-Dawg View Post
              You do realize that they can make plans for either to happen. It's called plan A and plan B. Way too early to start playing the duck card. Some folks would have nothing to say on the website if they couldn't constantly talk about how fighter A was ducking fighter B.
              I realise that, but it's interesting that multiple sources have not confirmed to BoxingScene.com that Al Haymon has also discussed with AJ’s team the possibility of a Wilder/AJ fight taking place on Showtime PPV as soon as September.

Comment

• Originally posted by Theosis26 View Post
                He should be offered what Miller was honestly as he is more known & credible. I don't think Ortiz deserves 10 mill...8 mill sounds about right actually. Even still doesn't seem smart to turn down 5 mill. I would have taking that or at most negotiate to demand what Miller was gonna get. But if no budge you can't lose with taking 5 mill, more exposure & a shot at 3 or 4 belts. I wouldn't say Ortiz is scared, he's greedy & looking to cash out
                Ortiz more known? Really? Has anyone noticed Ortiz last few fights since loosing to Wilder? I'll wait...…. He fought on the undercards of Garcia/Easter, Wilder/Fury, & Laura/Castano and wasn't even the co-main event on any of those but somehow he's more known? He took home $200,000-$300,000 per fight! Ortiz is being used by his team for political gain and not being compensated well for his services!
                Last edited by TreJac; 04-24-2019, 03:18 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Curt Henning View Post
                  yup...but the hearn buttboys will run around saying "hearn offered x amount of times his biggest payday" and run around repeating it over and over

Theres a thing called a market price...and hearn set it...6.5 for miller than Ortiz is worth at least every penny of that

hes not worth more..or 10 million

but hes worth at least 6.5....it doesn't matter what Ortiz previous high payday is...doesn't matter AT ALL.....hearn set the market price and then lowballed
                  Did Floyd set his market price by splitting with Corrales? Taking less for Gatti and De La Hoya?

Ortiz isn't worth shlt. He should be thankful to get offered a Mill, let alone 5.

Comment

• Originally posted by PRINCEKOOL View Post
                    Well at short notice Ortiz should really be paid more.

But even still turning down 5 million 'Joshua has all of these heavyweights shook up'.
                    Has anyone noticed Ortiz last few fights since loosing to Wilder? I'll wait...…. He fought on the undercards of Garcia/Easter, Wilder/Fury, & Laura/Castano and wasn't even the co-main event on any of those events. He took home $200,000-$300,000 per fight! Ortiz is being used by his for political gain and not being compensated well for his services!

Comment

• Originally posted by champion4ever View Post
                      Remember, he's done VADA testing before and passed them against Deontay Wilder.
                      He also failed test. He might not be on PEDs all the time and he might have been cycling the correct way. Who knows? What is a fact is that he's a proven cheater

Comment

Working...
                      X