Collapse
No announcement yet.

Arum is panicking because Crawford/Khan PPV flopped

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Karma is kicking him in his OLD ASS! Remember when Arum was keeping things in house, oh how soon we forget when he was just doing all Top Rank In House Fights: Pacquiao, Clottey, Cotto, Margarito, Bradley, Bam Bam Rios...

Now that Haymon has control of 147, yeah Arum is not happy because it is something he once had complete control over

That being said, I'm not happy that Crawford is in this situation at all, I think it is BS that Boxing Politics is blocking big fights. It explains why they're ALL struggle with Live Attendance and TV Ratings because boxing is not delivery the best fights while the UFC is so that important 16-34 Demographic is watching more UFC and LESS BOXING! I find myself enjoying UFC cards more as well because they're giving the fans #1 vs #2 consistently!

This UFC Card>ANYTHING Boxing is offering right now SORRY! Yeah Jon Jones fail drug test that is true but regardless, the point is they consistently match up THE BEST
    Last edited by sicko; 04-24-2019, 03:38 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by sicko View Post

Karma is kicking him in his OLD ASS! Remember when Arum was keeping things in house, oh how soon we forget when he was just doing all Top Rank In House Fights: Pacquiao, Clottey, Cotto, Margarito, Bradley, Bam Bam Rios...

Now that Haymon has control of 147, yeah Arum is not happy because it is something he once had complete control over

That being said, I'm not happy that Crawford is in this situation at all, I think it is BS that Boxing Politics is blocking big fights. It explains why they're ALL struggle with Live Attendance and TV Ratings because boxing is not delivery the best fights while the UFC is so that important 16-34 Demographic is watching more UFC and LESS BOXING! I find myself enjoying UFC cards more as well because they're giving the fans #1 vs #2 consistently!

T seehis UFC Card>ANYTHING Boxing is offering right now SORRY! Yeah Jon Jones fail drug test that is true but regardless, the point is they consistently match up THE BEST
      You trash Boxing for having in house fights than give the UFC credit for their in house match ups. There's some Bellator vs UFC fights I'd like to see that never will happen because promoter's won't work together.

Comment

Someone have a link that the PPV flopped?

Let it play out to see what it did. I still think there is a shot it did in the 250-275k range. Khan and Crawford were trending 1 and 2 for a bit after the fight.

Comment

Originally posted by KTFOKING View Post

Let it play out to see what it did. I still think there is a shot it did in the 250-275k range. Khan and Crawford were trending 1 and 2 for a bit after the fight.
          150k was the amount that I saw.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by KTFOKING View Post

I got it from someone i know in the business yesterday. Today media people are starting to report they're hearing the same thing from their sources. Maybe we talk to the same people...

Comment

Originally posted by RoyJonesJrp4pno1 View Post
                You trash Boxing for having in house fights than give the UFC credit for their in house match ups. There's some Bellator vs UFC fights I'd like to see that never will happen because promoter's won't work together.
                Not trashing boxing, boxing is my first love when it comes to Combat sports of course BUT I can't really say I'm happy with the sport as a WHOLE right now while fans want to pick sides within the sport when as a whole the sport is not in a good space in the biggest and the richest market here in America

I want BETTER from boxing that is all. Egos need to be pushed to the side and fights need to be made for the sake of the sport so that they ALL can keep making money

As for Bellator vs UFC...Most of Bellator top fighters and Champions was once in the UFC before like Gegard Mousasi, Rory McDonald, Ryan Bader...
                Last edited by sicko; 04-24-2019, 04:48 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
                  I got it from someone i know in the business yesterday. Today media people are starting to report they're hearing the same thing from their sources. Maybe we talk to the same people...
                  Okay okay.....

Comment

Originally posted by Biolink View Post
                    If it did more than 100k I'd be surprised. Crawford doesn't give A f*** about promoting his fights.

In fairness to him it should be about the business, but being as quiet as he is definitely doesn't move units.
                    Why should he, isn't that the whole purpose of having a promoter?

Comment

Originally posted by chrisJS View Post
                      200k wouldn’t be terrible. It had a very good live gate and I’m sure did well enough in England. 200k for Crawford-Khan isn’t bad.
                      Anything under 200k should not be PPV.

Originally posted by killakali View Post
                      Copp just reported Pacquiao vs Thurman on 7/20. How many buys do u see that doing? Seems like similar to the Broner fight. 300-400k
                      It'll do more than Canelo/Khan which only did 460k

Originally posted by paulf View Post
                      Top Rank are spending a hell of a lot of money to throw Crawford against the wall and see if he sticks.... something like 12 million dollars across his last three fights.

Remember when Devon Alexander was that dude and was a huge draw in St. Louis?? He and Bradley only got a little over a million bucks each when they fought.

Seems crazy to dish out this kinda money on Crawford when there's no path to a massive star-making PPV fight.
                      And they fought in Pontiac Michigan at the Silverdome. Wtf was that?

Comment

Working...
                      X