Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Team Luis Ortiz Reject Hearn's "Lowball Offer" To Face Joshua

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Dontbeahater View Post
    You have zero proof. Zero. None.
    Stop guessing when it comes to Hearn.

The truth is if aj wants Ortiz, who I feel will get smoked as he had no training camp and get winded by the 6th round at the latest, he is going to have to pay him to take the L. Because an in shape aj will stop an our of shape Ortiz.

Thats fact!
    No one needs to pay Ortiz any shyyte. I think Eddie should give him one year training camp, after wards offer him 750k.
    Give or take........ That's when I will be interested in his team crying low balling while am laughing hard.

Ortiz cannot make whatever Eddie is offering him till he retires, come back and start begging AL some Money for his daughter treatment.

Comment

• Originally posted by uppercut510 View Post
      wilder also earned less than $20+mil as aj is scheduled to make.... according to the records Wilder only got $2mil for that fight so how does that compare to this? a serious question. id love to know what Ortiz was offered before making a fool of myself saying he should have taken it.
      You think it should be all percentage based? I don't think so. They paid Ortiz 500K because, well, they can't really pay any less than that for a world Heavyweight title fight can they? It wasn't worked out that Ortiz would get 20% of the cut. If Wilder earned 10 Mill for that fight, Ortiz is still only getting the 500K. Wilder got the 2 Mill because he doesn't generate any more than that without Fury or AJ.

Comment

• u[kyuyyu9999999999999p9o897p]0op7809p9puoi

Comment

• Originally posted by Corelone View Post
          Meanwhile, AJ sits and rots, and wants top pay for a sparring match. Everybody else is greedy, but not Mr A side?
          go ask Mayweather how it feels like to be the A side.

Comment

• Originally posted by Digital Mouth View Post
            In an ideal world Ortiz should get what Miller was getting plus a short notice fee/bonus.
            So a fighter whose biggest payday is 500K should not only get the 6.5 Mill, but a bonus as well?

You'd be laughed at in any business. They'd see that as crazy as f3ck. This is beyond a great offer that any sane person would jump at. Well, if you're not a deranged coward anyway. This talk from you is just silly business that makes no sense. It isn't rational no matter how you cut it.

Comment

• Dude is juicing already

Comment

• Originally posted by Sid-Knee View Post
                Funny, because they all made by far their biggest paydays through him.

Wilder's opponents? Now that's where they get paid peanuts. In fact, any American pays their opponents shlt money. Look at Floyd and how much they got.
                Just because its your biggest pay day doesn't mean you didn't get short changed. Value to a fight event changes from fight to fight.

Ortiz value in the June Joshua fight is far greater than it was for the Wilder fight.

1. He is a late sub which will save the event.
                2. He brings much more credibility than Miller.
                3. He is Cuban and will bring more fans than any other sub.

Should Ortiz take less than Miller to make a better event? Not saying he got offered less but for now the last word on this issue is that Eddie lowballed them.

Comment

• Ortiz should have gotten at least what Jarrell Miller was getting. I’m sure the offers were much much less. Big Babyhimself barely sniffed 100k before ****ing up the AJ payday title shot so past pay isn’t relevant. The money isn’t the most important thing, it’s respect and nobody wants to be taken advantage of. We know the truth and AJ or Hearn wants no part of Ortiz. Picking a soft touch cruiserweight proves that don’t want AJ to get derailed unexpectedly by a hard puncher.

Comment

• Originally posted by Laligalaliga View Post
                    go ask Mayweather how it feels like to be the A side.
                    AJ is no Mayweather and he been finding that out unfortunately

Comment

• Way too many unknown variables involved in this for anyone to make an educated conclusion. The first of those unknowns is how much was actually offered and what clauses were in the contract. Did Ortiz really want the fight on short notice and with VADA testing?

Ortiz would have been ideal, on paper, as an alternate to Miller. He has some name recognition and he fought the other HW champion so there is a measuring stick of sorts to compare performances. Dade says it was a low-ball offer, Hearn says otherwise. My natural inclination is to trust neither and assume the truth is someplace between the two.

Comment

Working...
                      X