Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: PBC Exec: Arum Desperate, Great Fights Ahead Like Crawford-Khan

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[QUOTE=Scipio2009;19683118]MSG seats 21000 people, lol. Even if you just count the bodies (nevermind the actual tickets sold), the building was still a third empty.

Didn't watch Crawford-Khan, but with a third of the building empty, are you really hanging your hat on not seeing empty pictures of the Crawford-Khan fight?[/QUOTE

I was in the building Saturday night. It was a good sized crowd. Bigger than I expected. Put Crawford in there with a Thurman, Porter, or Danny G and the place will be packed!

Comment

Originally posted by Mister Wolf View Post
      What tickets do you think cost more? Crawford at MSG or Garcia in the tennis court section of the Home Depot center.
      Who gives a ****?

$250-$30 for Garcia-Granados, $600-$50 for Crawford-Khan.

Comped tickets are still comped tickets, and Crawford-Khan still had a third of the building empty after comps. lol.

You add that Crawford-Khan was ESPN's full PPV rollout, and it hits even harder, lol.

Comment

[QUOTE=Brettcappe;19683197]
        Originally posted by Scipio2009 View Post
        MSG seats 21000 people, lol. Even if you just count the bodies (nevermind the actual tickets sold), the building was still a third empty.

Didn't watch Crawford-Khan, but with a third of the building empty, are you really hanging your hat on not seeing empty pictures of the Crawford-Khan fight?[/QUOTE

I was in the building Saturday night. It was a good sized crowd. Bigger than I expected. Put Crawford in there with a Thurman, Porter, or Danny G and the place will be packed!
        What's a good sized crowd though?
        Judging by your own eyes, was the building at least half full? Two thirds? Larger?

Simply for perspective here

Comment

[QUOTE=Scipio2009;19683222]
          Originally posted by Brettcappe View Post

What's a good sized crowd though?
          Judging by your own eyes, was the building at least half full? Two thirds? Larger?

Simply for perspective here
          The place seemed pretty full. It wasn't sold out but looked to be at least three quarters full. I had a few drinks in me but it seemed like a good crowd! Crawford, Lopez, Stevenson, Adames, etc. I had a great time! The kid Berlanga who is 10-0 with 10 first round K.O's looks electric!

Comment

Originally posted by Bjl12 View Post
            Whine about Arum doing in-house fights..yet all PBC does is...in-house fights, but its okay because Haymon is black so that's a brotha getting paid instead of some greedy jew How disappointing
            1) I don't name-call for the most part. 2)Has nothing to do with black or Jew ... Arum has done this since the late 60's/early 70's and HE's gonna complain about it? Sorry but, NO! You don't get to complain after that has been your mode operandi for decades.

3)The top 3 fighters considered for AJ's US debut seem to all be Haymon advised fighters. What are you even talking about really? Ortiz, Hunter, Ruiz aren't being held back it seems. The Spence/Crawford & Wilder/Joshua cases are very big fights, and the promoters are fighting over who is gonna host and make the bulk of the cash. Very different than your everyday fights. Your summary is way too broad ... aka nonsense. Those fights are obviously special cases ... whining while the negotiations play out is childish.

Comment

Originally posted by Mikedadon View Post
              All of them are accused of doing that ish bob, oscar, hearn, hearn sr, don king, matchroom. Im not saying one is better that the other its about the fans at the end of the day being deprived of good fights. Khan vs crawford was whack and spence and most likely porter is going to be whack because we already know whats going to happen.

Arum and hearn are making an effort to do these fights but haymon dont want to play ball so tell me who is the wrong now?
              You're wrong, Mr. Haymon is playing ball .... HARDBALL.
              These fights will happen. I'm not on anyone's side but PBC has been constantly demonized since it started in boxing. I will stand up for ANYONE being unfairly demonized, period. That would include Mr. Arum and/or Mr. Hearn. I'm a boxing fan. Not my fault some of y'all always picking on PBC ... but mostly you're off base.

The fights are on Haymon/PBC and the other promoters to work out. I support fair, even offers for everyone ... no A-side B-side nonsense, etc.

Personally, if you sue me, claim I'm ruining the sport and constantly try to paint me as CANCER, NOT EXISTING, a MYTH, etc, etc, etc (as Mr. Arum has done Mr. Haymon) ... it might be hard for you to do business with me ...

I'm just saying ... being cordial and having 'people-skills' matters.

I wanna see the great fights made too. But I understand when the 'PEOPLE' factor complicates things. And I'm patient ... kinda old ... have seen many great fights made and accomplished. So I don't get too excited during the process.

Again, your "theory" is dog-poop. Demonizing Haymon/PBC .... tryna demonize me .... LOL! ROFL! Calm down and back up dude. The fights will happen. Or, get out there and make them yourself. Either way stop the hatin' and fan-girling.

Comment

If I was haymon I would offer Pacman vs Crawford for a build up for Spence vs. Crawford

Comment

Originally posted by richardt View Post
                  You're preaching to the choir, nothing wrong there and maybe you are responding to others as well. I wasn't berating Haymon for his workings which is obvious by my post, cause I have never berated him, nor brought up Arum in this regard. In fact, I mentioned that I wished Haymon had more of a presence. So people could get to know who he is.
                  Ok, my bad. I misread what you meant about Haymon being more 'out there'. Haymon gets results but never shows up for 'give me some glory' time. I like that in people generally ... take care of your business 'cause it's important ... not for pats on the back or a spotlight.

The fighters say they like what he does for them. If I were an advisor, that would be all that mattered.

Comment

Originally posted by factsarenice View Post
                    1st) Al Haymon was with Golden Boy during the in-house era then split with Oscars fighters. Two, Hearn wasn't even around when Haymon pulled the in-house stuff and only afterward, in retaliation, Hearn nailed down the MM division modeled after Haymon. It's all there, the time lines are easy to follow, look it up.

Haymon didn't strat it but he blew it up into an all out war but he's running out of money and his fighters are seeing massive offers on the other side. Haymon either is, or soon will be playing the race card because it's smart and it's his best play. He needs to hang on to his fighters without actually giving them the money because he can't, showtime won't pay for it.
                    You didn't address my point though. Arum in particular has done this since the 60's/70's. Everyone knows it. Yet no fans have ever gone after him with the hate venom like so many want to do Al Haymon.

Side note: PBC guys are the top contenders to fight AJ after the Big Baby mess. Is Haymon really only 'allowing' in-house fights .... NOPE.

Yet that and many other FALSE, POISON narratives are what come out of so many mouths. Why? Arum actually did what you accuse Haymon of, for decades, but no hate, venom, poison directed toward him. What's up with that??

And yeah, Arum is giving lip service to 'making fights' now, because he finds himself on the outs ... where everyone else was when he was doing his dirt. (I'm talking behavior ... nothing personal toward Mr. Arum). Now he wants fans and the media to cry foul. The people who have been around a long time are calling BS on that. Maybe you haven't been around long enough to know.

During fight negotiations, it's good NOT to wear your emotions on your sleeve. Haymon, Arum, Hearn, DiBella, Goosen, Duva, etc .... these are all tough, smart people who are good and very successful. But don't let any of them play your emotions such that you are running around calling 'the other guy' names and hating, etc. They try to play fans and the public all the time.
                    Last edited by MastaBlasta; 04-23-2019, 03:00 AM.

Comment

What goes around comes around. I want to see all the major fights, I don’t want to hear this sort of things from PBC, two wrongs don’t make a right. But Arum had this coming, he himself did this for years. The sad bit is the fans are the losers in all of this.

Comment

Working...
                      X