Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: PBC Exec: Arum Desperate, Great Fights Ahead Like Crawford-Khan

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Fabes88 View Post
    Crawford should be defended. No one should have to sign with another promoter to get fights really. He was told that he can still get the fights he wants regardless. If he was smart he would’ve got a break clause inserted that says he can leave if he doesn’t get unification fights.

It’s the hypocrisy that annoys me. The same people that complain charlo is getting frozen out are the same ones that take joy in The same thing happening to Crawford. Terrence has a belt at least. It’s obvious what their game is, they’ll try freeze him out for as long as possible until he moves up or one of their boys has all of the other belts so they can offer a ****ty split. Wilder has shown us though that you can only have one belt and a fraction of the drawing power of your opponent and still demand 50/50 so the plan may backfire.
    Charlo isn't frozen out. DAZN and Hearn are desperate for him to sign to fight the top 160lb fighter's. Charlo doesn't want to do it.

Comment

It is what it is right now. Give Haymon credit for convincing all of those fighters to be in his stable. And now Arum is forced to deal with that. He has some very good fighters under him too. But when you compare the two, Arum & Haymon, from a pure money generating and match making aspect, it’s not even close. Haymon has more creative possibilities than Arum.

Arum Fighters:
      http://boxrec.com/media/index.php/To...ing_Promotions

Haymon Fighters:
      http://boxrec.com/media/index.php/Al_Haymon

Comment

Originally posted by whoseyourdaddy View Post
        So you agree on sabotaging one of the best fights because of tribalism?
        Errol Spence is one of my favorite fighters, (and I hope he kicks Crawford @ss) but to me this all points out to the culprit and for the most part I think is the PBC side.
        Who is the culprit for Wilder fury 2 not happening? What about Mickey Loma? If you're not gonna complain on the other ones dont complain here. Especially when PBC are giving us Spence Porter and other match ups

Comment

Originally posted by RoyJonesJrp4pno1 View Post
          Charlo isn't frozen out. DAZN and Hearn are desperate for him to sign to fight the top 160lb fighter's. Charlo doesn't want to do it.
          Why she have to sign to their outfit for the fight? I guess Crawford should then have to buy out of his contract to get Spence

Comment

Originally posted by MastaBlasta View Post
            All boxers in USA are making more, because Haymon and PBC got in the game. If you're a fighter there is nothing wrong and a whole lot right. It's a livelihood right?

I've rarely seen ANY promoter, advisor, or network jump and scamble because a rival promoter is unhappy about something. All the public whining and posturing to make a competitor the "bad guys" is childish ... and like many have said, desparation. Arum needs to stop, and do his work. THere are other fights and fighters out there ... he needs to be creative and work hard. Or get his wallet out and PAY to make it happen. Period.
            You're preaching to the choir, nothing wrong there and maybe you are responding to others as well. I wasn't berating Haymon for his workings which is obvious by my post, cause I have never berated him, nor brought up Arum in this regard. In fact, I mentioned that I wished Haymon had more of a presence. So people could get to know who he is.
            Last edited by richardt; 04-22-2019, 11:49 AM.

Comment

Ummm, actually, in reality... Charlo is frozen out. Charlo was offered massive money and Al Haymon said don't take it. And he sits and watches Jacobs, GGG and Canelo make 30- 40 million. That's frozen out.

PBC is doing it to Bud Crawford and in return ESPN is doing it to Wilder and Charlo is just a PBC pawn making nothing and pissing his prime away.

Originally posted by RoyJonesJrp4pno1 View Post

Comment

None of Al Haymon fighters at WW or any other weight make s-h-i-8. They keep more of a much, much, much smaller pie because they self promote or better put, they have no promoter with experience. They have Al Hayman giving advice that benefits him and the contract he signed with Showtime. Open your eyes, Al Haymon had money at one opoint but that money disapeared in a law suit, it's gone. None of Haymon fighters make big money and that's why Jacobs left...for 10 million+ to fight ggg and 25+ for Canelo.

Originally posted by markther View Post
                It is what it is right now. Give Haymon credit for convincing all of those fighters to be in his stable. And now Arum is forced to deal with that. He has some very good fighters under him too. But when you compare the two, Arum & Haymon, from a pure money generating and match making aspect, it’s not even close. Haymon has more creative possibilities than Arum.

Arum Fighters:
                http://boxrec.com/media/index.php/To...ing_Promotions

Haymon Fighters:
                http://boxrec.com/media/index.php/Al_Haymon

Comment

Not sure you're tryna talk to me. I love Crawford ... and Spence. Fight is gonna be epic. I'm sure PBC wants to make it. But no promoter is gonna give away making and controlling the money trail from that fight unless they have to ... or have to compromise. That's just life my friend, doesn't matter if you or I like it or not. I accept life as it is and work through it.

So will these promoters. The fight will happen. A business arrangement WILL be made. All the whining & crying and tryna make someone the big bad wolf won't matter a bit. That's just people showing who they like, don't like, their values, etc.

Doesn't matter if you or me like it or not. Unless we are willing to put up a lot of money and start staging fights.

Relax!
                  Not after u at all, just generalizing. This crap pisses me off and should every true boxing fan.

Comment

Never saw you complain when Arum fought only in-house. Or when Golden Boy did it. Or HBO. Or when hearn & Co. pick & choose their fights. But it's a major deal cause PBC does it? Really?
                    1st) Al Haymon was with Golden Boy during the in-house era then split with Oscars fighters. Two, Hearn wasn't even around when Haymon pulled the in-house stuff and only afterward, in retaliation, Hearn nailed down the MM division modeled after Haymon. It's all there, the time lines are easy to follow, look it up.

Haymon didn't strat it but he blew it up into an all out war but he's running out of money and his fighters are seeing massive offers on the other side. Haymon either is, or soon will be playing the race card because it's smart and it's his best play. He needs to hang on to his fighters without actually giving them the money because he can't, showtime won't pay for it.

Comment

Originally posted by factsarenice View Post
                      None of Al Haymon fighters at WW or any other weight make s-h-i-8. They keep more of a much, much, much smaller pie because they self promote or better put, they have no promoter with experience. They have Al Hayman giving advice that benefits him and the contract he signed with Showtime. Open your eyes, Al Haymon had money at one opoint but that money disapeared in a law suit, it's gone. None of Haymon fighters make big money and that's why Jacobs left...for 10 million+ to fight ggg and 25+ for Canelo.
                      I’m not going to go back and forth with you on this because I actually work a lot everyday for a living. But everything you said, you need to show documentation or evidence to back it up, otherwise; those are just YOUR “opinions.”

What I posted are facts when you look at both of their stable of fighters. As of today, right now, the bottom line is Haymon has more pieces to work with, especially at WW, therefore, he has more matches to make and he is in better control then Arum. That may change but as of today, Arum is upset because at WW, he only has Crawford and not Porter, Garcia, Thurman, Spence, or Manny.

Comment

Working...
                      X