Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: PBC Exec: Arum Desperate, Great Fights Ahead Like Crawford-Khan

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Arum really embarrassed himself and I’m sure ESPN is none too pleased with him playing the race card and race baiting coupled with what was a poor Ppv headliner to begin with. I’m at the age where I don’t care what people think about what I say, Arum is older than me, his problem is he has no filter anymore, what he thinks automatically comes out of his mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by Cinci Champ View Post
      ya cause thats whats happening here all the biggest names at ww are gonna be fighting do u think haymon and espn would consider a dual ppv with showtime? is there even enough in it to do it?
      It’s funny you mention that. Pbc fanboys were all for a dual ppv when fury signed that top rank deal

Comment

Originally posted by Fabes88 View Post
        It’s funny you mention that. Pbc fanboys were all for a dual ppv when fury signed that top rank deal
        Crawford didn't have to sign with Arum. He wasn't even guaranteed a Loma or Pacquiao fight and still signed.

Wilder could have fought Fury on PPV or fought Joshua on DAZN on an ad hoc basis.

Not sure why Crawford or Wilder are being defended here at all other than like LeBron, both guys have a lot of online Fan Boys.

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
          When Arum had Pacquiao as the hot hand, do you remember that he made fighters like Mosley and Marquez leave Golden Boy in order to fight Manny - which they did - because he refused to work with GB.

Now the shoe is on the other foot.

Arum wants 50-50 and a full co-promotion. When Spence has the advantage, he doesn't have to agree to anything. I don't see Fox Sports and ESPN getting together to do a PPV like this. It's not even close to being a crossover fight. Neither guy is a superstar. It won't do a million buys, maybe not even 800K.
          Interesting you don't apply the same "logic" when comes to Wilder or Charlo 160.
          But yea, that's your job.

Comment

Originally posted by MisanthropicNY View Post
            Crawford didn't have to sign with Arum. He wasn't even guaranteed a Loma or Pacquiao fight and still signed.

Wilder could have fought Fury on PPV or fought Joshua on DAZN on an ad hoc basis.

Not sure why Crawford or Wilder are being defended here at all other than like LeBron, both guys have a lot of online Fan Boys.
            Crawford should be defended. No one should have to sign with another promoter to get fights really. He was told that he can still get the fights he wants regardless. If he was smart he would’ve got a break clause inserted that says he can leave if he doesn’t get unification fights.

It’s the hypocrisy that annoys me. The same people that complain charlo is getting frozen out are the same ones that take joy in The same thing happening to Crawford. Terrence has a belt at least. It’s obvious what their game is, they’ll try freeze him out for as long as possible until he moves up or one of their boys has all of the other belts so they can offer a ****ty split. Wilder has shown us though that you can only have one belt and a fraction of the drawing power of your opponent and still demand 50/50 so the plan may backfire.

Comment

It's great seeing Bob get a taste of his own medicine. His typical Top Rank shills are crying but had no problem when Uncle Bob did this numerous times to everyone. Bob is the cancer of boxing and always has been. He marinates, makes fake offers, doesn't negotiate but says he did, fake time clocks, needs to build stadiums, etc... He's full of **** from head to toe. Only the biggest dumbasses and scumbags shill for him.

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
                When Arum had Pacquiao as the hot hand, do you remember that he made fighters like Mosley and Marquez leave Golden Boy in order to fight Manny - which they did - because he refused to work with GB.

Now the shoe is on the other foot.

Arum wants 50-50 and a full co-promotion. When Spence has the advantage, he doesn't have to agree to anything. I don't see Fox Sports and ESPN getting together to do a PPV like this. It's not even close to being a crossover fight. Neither guy is a superstar. It won't do a million buys, maybe not even 800K.
                Bob's shills are like npc's. They were blind while Uncle Bob was doing this to everyone but are upset now that Uncle Bob is getting a taste of his own medicine. Hell they are blaming Haymon while Bob has yet to even call or negotiate . Dumbass npc's. I hope Top Rank pays them well.

Comment

Wilder sent Tyson Fury a contract for a 50/50 purse split for the rematch and was even open to fighting on ESPN PPV. We saw how that turned out, didn't we?

So I agree that it's great to see Arum get a taste of his own medicine now. Maybe DAZN will take the hint and start freezing him out too.

Comment

I think ESPN should overpay to get Garcia at this point at least double what they gave Khan. They know their going to have to overspend.

That would be a huge change for TR to take. It not like DSG can't beat Crawford, and then he can take the WBO belt back to PBC..

Comment

Originally posted by LCRUMMY36 View Post
                      I think ESPN should overpay to get Garcia at this point at least double what they gave Khan. They know their going to have to overspend.

That would be a huge change for TR to take. It not like DSG can't beat Crawford, and then he can take the WBO belt back to PBC..
                      **** Danny. Bring on Brook or Ugas.

Comment

Working...
                      X