No announcement yet.

Lopez: The Belt Requirement

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lopez: The Belt Requirement

Why does he need to get a BS belt to fight Lomachenko but not Commey? What's the logic? Why the hypocrisy? Please enlighten the board.

[This is a post I made in another thread:

The funny thing is now they want him to fight Commey before Lomachenko. Why? What has Lopez done to deserve a shot at Commey's belt? Shouldn't he get a belt first to fight Commey? What's the difference? What am I missing?

You know what I think of belts. All are garbage (that actually gives garbage a bad name) and they sometimes serve to duck fighters.]
    Last edited by BoxingIsGreat; 04-17-2019, 09:19 PM.

cause lomachenko cut from that same cloth ggg is, only wannabe-warriors on paper!

Comment

Originally posted by .!WAR MIKEY! View Post
      cause lomachenko cut from that same cloth ggg is, only wannabe-warriors on paper!
      The way his career is going, he's going to be GGG 2.0.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingIsGreat View Post
        The way his career is going, he's going to be GGG 2.0.
        I honestly think no fighter on top rank cares that resigns they just in it for a yesmen and money.

Real fighters all left Top rank, I suspect Teofemio Lopez will leave too in time if they keep denying him the fights he wants.

Comment

Is his resume better than Loma? Has he beaten better fighters and accomplished more?

What has Lopez done to deserve a shot apart from open his mouth? Shannon Briggs been mouthing off for years why doesn’t he get a heavyweight title shot?

Lopez looks like a good prospect but your obsessed with resume so if we go that route then there’s a few guys more deserving surely? I hope the Lopez fight happens because I already know the people who will give up on the kid and dismiss the win.

Comment

Originally posted by chrisJS View Post
            Is his resume better than Loma? Has he beaten better fighters and accomplished more?

What has Lopez done to deserve a shot apart from open his mouth? Shannon Briggs been mouthing off for years why doesn’t he get a heavyweight title shot?

Lopez looks like a good prospect but your obsessed with resume so if we go that route then there’s a few guys more deserving surely? I hope the Lopez fight happens because I already know the people who will give up on the kid and dismiss the win.
            Answer the thread question or I'll have to block you from this thread. This thread has a specific question. Not related at all to your drivel here. Have some respect. Don't spam my thread.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingIsGreat View Post
              Answer the thread question or I'll have to block you from this thread. This thread has a specific question. Not related at all to your drivel here. Have some respect. Don't spam my thread.
              Ok the answer is why does he deserve a shot at Commey? He doesn’t! But if he can get that fight then he’d have a chance to win a belt. Loma specifically said if your a champ he’ll fight you. He has a chance. If he doesn’t want to fight Commey then go the WBC route. Also Loma has more belts, credentials and a bigger draw than Commey so it’s a bigger deal to fight him.

You don’t get fights just by begging. Shannon Briggs. Earn it and beat someone.

I hope it does happen because I am genuinely interested in your angle after the fight. I think it will happen but not next and I am fine with that because it’s not competitive or entertaining at the moment.

Comment

No problem with that...then put him in with Commey and the winner gets Loma

Comment

Originally posted by sicko View Post
                  No problem with that...then put him in with Commey and the winner gets Loma
                  He’s not beating Commey at this point so Top Rank aren’t going to entertain that route.

Comment

The funny thing is now they want him to fight Commey before Lomachenko. Why? What has Lopez done to deserve a shot at Commey's belt? Shouldn't he get a belt first to fight Commey? What's the difference? What am I missing?

Lomachenko is a proven elite, P4P fighter.

Commey is not. He's a world champion, however.

Both are within their right to pass up on Lopez. He's done nothing to earn a fight with either, but that doesn't mean they couldn't accept it. He's not a mandatory, nor has he fought a top 10 fighter. There's no reasoning in bashing either fighter for not fighting Lopez if they decide not to. He's done nothing to show he REALLY deserves it. Calling someone out doesn't mean you deserve a fight. Lopez can call out Campbell, Commey, Easter Jr., Barthelemy, or whoever. Set himself up for a mandatory. Get in position for a fight.

HOWEVER, if they want to accept the fight, that's within their rights, but I don't expect them to get any credit or recognition from winning, anyways.

Also, there's no way Lopez vs Commey happens. I don't see any reason why Commey would fight Lopez instead of Lomachenko, when he gets better ratings/pay against Lomachenko then Lopez.

ALSO:

is Nicholas Walters in your top 10 p4p?
                    https://www.boxingscene.com/forums/s...d.php?t=693212

hes on the doorstep thats for sure, I really like walters and dont think he will take a loss anytime soon so he will break the top 10
                    What happened, brah? Lomachenko beat Walters and he's still a bum in your eyes?
                    Last edited by UNBIASED BOXING; 04-17-2019, 08:37 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X