Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Whyte: By The Time I Fight Wilder - I'll Be Luis Ortiz's Age

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sammybee View Post
    Whyte should stop nagging.

He should fight Ortiz.
    Usyk bro. Usyk. Whyte (OR Ortiz) should fight Usyk. Whyte vs Ortiz is just AJ's leftovers vs Wilder's past prime and further aged leftovers. Let's get a prime guy in the mix, someone with intrigue around him and curiosity how he can do at heavyweight. That way, the limited Whyte, or the past prime Ortiz, at least have a big advantage in the fight (size, power) while the fight still features a top prime guy. Top prime guys in fights vs guys who have big advantages over them make for top prime fights. Whereas one big limited guy vs one big past prime guy features no top prime boxers in the fight and it might end up being a fun action fight (maybe not though, given Ortiz's cautious style vs punchers at his age), but it won't really tell us anything about anything other than telling us that Ortiz is past prime or Whyte is so limited he can't beat a past prime guy, or both. Usyk vs Whyte would probably be a better action fight, and it would tell us a lot about both of them. Usyk vs Ortiz might not be a better action fight, but it would likewise be very interesting to watch the slickest cruiserweight vs the 2nd slickest heavyweight who is past prime, yes, but unlike vs Whyte would at least have a size and power advantage to lean on to compensate for that, and it would tell us a lot about Usyk and tell us how good the version of Ortiz that Wilder fought really was.

That's what would make all this interesting to me, getting Usyk in the mix fall 2019.

Comment

Originally posted by _Rexy_ View Post
      Who said he has it in writing? Whyte or Hearn?

And I’d say Browne and Helinus are right on the same level as Molina.

most had Chisora winning the first fight, and if the ref didn’t miss the headbutt the scorecards work out to a draw. He should have immediately rematched Parker but instead everyone’s calling it some career defining win.
      It was a career defining win if you haven't got a agenda so was the two chisora wins

Whyte's only reason for not getting the wilder fight is he's not a pbc fighter and the wbc are as bent as a butchers hook

You already know this but play ignorant

Comment

Originally posted by _Rexy_ View Post
        Who said he has it in writing? Whyte or Hearn?

And I’d say Browne and Helinus are right on the same level as Molina.

Also, most had Chisora winning the first fight, and if the ref didn’t miss the headbutt the scorecards work out to a draw. He should have immediately rematched Parker but instead everyone’s calling it some career defining win.
        They did and they said reporters have it in writing as well, they've been singing about it from day one so I doubt they're lying and I doubt they be threatening legal action if they didn't.

Are you just gonna ignore that Molina was on such a crap run at the time and Browne was unbeaten clearly ones more worthy of boosting rankings.

Chisora and Parker are both good wins better than any other contender and far less contreversial than Wilders recent draw with Fury. Giving Parker an immediate rematch has got nothing to do with Whyte getting a shot at Wilder. Still with the decisions it's more than Breazeale done or anyone else.

Whyte did what he was asked of by the WBC irrespective of opinions on level opponents and made No.1, the No.4 was given a shot ahead of the No.1. If they wasn't going to give him the eliminator then they shouldn't have ranked him No.1. IMO they should have made the two fight, if Breazeale was to get a shot at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing Logic View Post
          Deontay Wilder is the WBC's new Adonis Stevenson, just without the boxing skills.

The WBC needs to enforce their rules and cancel the Wilder-Breazeale fight to give Whyte his long overdue mandated shot, or strip Wilder of the belt for failing to face the #1 contender for 4 straight years. One or the other.

But we all know whats going to happen. Both AJ and Wilder will squeeze one more easy payday out of the situation, then they will fight each other twice just in time for Wilder to swerve his #1 contender, Whyte, who has the power to knock him out, and for AJ to swerve his #1 contender, Usyk, who has the boxing skills to outclass him.

No the way the "boxing establishment" is going to risk the AJ-Wilder moneygrab on the chance Wilder gets KO'd by Whyte, or AJ gets outboxed by Usyk. This the same playbook they've been using for years. I'll be shocked if either of those fights happen before AJ-Wilder.

If I'm right though, it just makes even more sense than ever for Whyte and Usyk to fight in the fall. Whoever wins that should be mandatory to both the WBC and the WBO, not that it will matter if the winner of AJ-Wilder has both of them. But if the corrupt boxing establishment is still going to keep bending the rules to protect overhyped vulnerable cash cows from losing, then Usyk and Whyte should just fight in the meantime.
          Tyson Fury is the most skilled heavyweight in the world, Deontay fought him and was trying to do it again even though fury outclassed Deontay for most of the fight. That doesn’t sound like Adonis Stevenson to me

Comment

Originally posted by Oldskoolg View Post
            Tyson Fury is the most skilled heavyweight in the world, Deontay fought him and was trying to do it again even though fury outclassed Deontay for most of the fight. That doesn’t sound like Adonis Stevenson to me
            skilled yes but he has no power. wilder knew he could rob him on the cards if need be and he did.

Comment

Wilder is gonna knock this idiot out in 3 rounds or less.

Comment

Blame We Be Corrupt for protecting Wilder

Comment

deontayduckus wilderquackus and the Protecting Boxing Coward matchmakers know Whyte would be to much for deontayduckus , this is the reason for avoiding The Villain.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing Scene View Post
                    Wilder is gonna knock this idiot out in 3 rounds or less.
                    no he wont because he will never fight him. not unless he joins pbc. hes not ducking whyte because whyte is so good. hes ducking him because haymon doesnt want hearn to control the conditions of the fight meaning fighting in the uk, whyte picking the judges, etc..that is the most important thing in boxing and you never ever give that up. the purse would have been great for wilder but its not worth losing for one good purse.

Comment

Originally posted by SinderellaMan View Post
                      If Ortiz is so old, fight him Dillian!!!
                      Ortiz turned down 2 million (many times his Wilder fee), there is a youtube video were Ortiz's trainer admits they had offers.

Why fight Ortiz for vast amounts of money when you can fight someone else ?

Whyte makes his money in UK ppv and no one rates Ortiz that much there hence you see Povetkin, Parker etc. who fought big fights

If Ortiz is a box office draw in the States why not make him a big money offer ? .... answer most people don't rate him there either just a few Wilder hardcores.
                      Last edited by DougalDylan; 04-16-2019, 05:33 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X