Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BOXING IS DEAD! Lomachenko Guranteed Was $1.2 Million More Than UFC236 ENTIRE PAY

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's very good pay for a short and easy night's work.

Comment

Originally posted by MDPopescu View Post
      ... man, Kovalev was drunk back then... he said it himself...
      That doesn't mean he wasn't cheated on too! Even a drunk Kovalev should have had at least one win over Ward.

Kovalev before he hit the vodka, and with fair officials, would have krushed him.

Comment

You can't be the best Pound 4 Pound fighter in the world and still getting paid only peanuts. It only goes to show that ESPN is willing to throw large sums of money for its boxing content and Bob is more than willing to capitalize on it.

Comment

Arum don't give backend money lol he keeps it for himself, his fighters get they gurantee and whatever other little merchandise they sell,if arum gave backend money like haymon does Floyd and the millions of fighters he has had would have never left and sued him

Comment

Originally posted by kafkod View Post
            I can't find out how many buys it got in the UK because BARB don't give seperate numbers for BT Box Office, like they do for Sky Box Office.

The only UK viewing figures released were of the number of people who watched it via illegal streams, which was approx 1 million.

That's a hell of a lot for a fight that started at 4 am, and as PPV prices are so low over here, I wouldn't be surprised if at least the same number watched it legally. It was a very big fight in the UK.
            now tell that they can only count those who watched it illegally, but not those who were legally subscribed to watch it...

Comment

Originally posted by kafkod View Post
              That doesn't mean he wasn't cheated on too! Even a drunk Kovalev should have had at least one win over Ward.

Kovalev before he hit the vodka, and with fair officials, would have krushed him.
              ... well......

Comment

Trolls are reaching right now. Including Hearn.

Los Angeles is a boxing town and Loma is a boxing sensation.

People wanted to see Loma fight and right now rightfully so Loma is a superstar.

Comment

Originally posted by kushking View Post
                  Good for loma that hes taking arum to the cleaners. That being said did you catch where hearn was saying that this fight didn't sell any tickets & that they had to givem away?(That's what all promoters do when fights don't sell but it amazes me that there was several posters referencing there supposedly being 10000+ crowd as if they assumed the tickets were not given away)
                  I was at the fight. I didn't see anyone giving tickets away and I saw people at the box office windows around 6pm. I didn't hear of anyone saying they got free tickets either. It sold well. The Marriaga fight sold well two years ago and he's gotten bigger since then.

Comment

Originally posted by Curt Henning View Post
                    when loma has good attendance is, of course, clear as day that they sold ALL them tickets

when wilder has good attendance, of course, its obvious they gave away at least 9k in tickets to firemen
                    I was at the fight. I didn't hear of free tickets being given away and I saw people at the box office around 6pm buying tickets. There was a pretty good amount of U.K fans too. Lomachenko sells well for a Ukranian lightweight who's apparently boring and sucks. It's funny to see how salty people get because he's consensus p4p #1 and well respected in the trade. To see the outrage at anything remotely positive is quite hilarious. IMO he's talented, entertaining, humble and the best in the game currently. Probably why people of all backgrounds want to see him live despite being a Ukrainian lightweight.

I didn't go to the Wilder-Fury fight but also didn't hear of free tickets given away from people I know. They said a LOT of U.K fans came for that one. A heavyweight title fight involving an American title holder and a Brit should sell better than a Ukrainian lightweight vs. his British mandatory challenger.

Comment

Originally posted by chrisJS View Post
                      I was at the fight. I didn't hear of free tickets being given away and I saw people at the box office around 6pm buying tickets. There was a pretty good amount of U.K fans too. Lomachenko sells well for a Ukranian lightweight who's apparently boring and sucks. It's funny to see how salty people get because he's consensus p4p #1 and well respected in the trade. To see the outrage at anything remotely positive is quite hilarious. IMO he's talented, entertaining, humble and the best in the game currently. Probably why people of all backgrounds want to see him live despite being a Ukrainian lightweight.

I didn't go to the Wilder-Fury fight but also didn't hear of free tickets given away from people I know. They said a LOT of U.K fans came for that one. A heavyweight title fight involving an American title holder and a Brit should sell better than a Ukrainian lightweight vs. his British mandatory challenger.
                      im not concerned about what kind of ticket sales loma does...I hope he does fantastic...I don't harbor any real animosity towards him...hes excellent

just letting you know...again....theres a group of guys running around here whenever wilder fights that say they just keep giving away tickets...but if loma is fighting nobody they would swear every body was a paying customer...you know the type

when Floyd fought hatton and pac fought hatton there were a ton of brits there too...doesn't mean if none of them went those seats wouldn't have been filled( I got 4 tix for hatton/pac for free)

Comment

Working...
                      X