Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Crawford: I Want Errol Spence - To Show I'm The Best at 147!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can this be this generation’s Leonard vs Hearns? Man I wish the 15 round fights were still around d

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing lives View Post
      Yeah Crawford is lined up on the wrong side of the street. He wants the fight though. Errol is on the right side of the street and has the better resume no doubt. I have no doubt if you put TC in with Porter, Danny and Thurman that TC beats him. He's the only guy at 47 I see having a chance to beat Spence. Spence is absolutely set up to have the better resume but we know what the real fight is. You can't get a better fight than this. It is the mega fight in boxing IMO. It has to happen. I'm not pointing the finger at Spence yet. I say they need to get this thing done next year but if it doesn't get made there is criticism to be had.
      How does Spence have a better resume than Crawford?

Spence holds one title in one weightclass, his best wins are

Brook (came from a huge stoppage loss and broken face to GGG and had to drain himself down to 147)

Mikey Garcia (a lightweight who didnt even come to win)

Crawford is a top 2 P4P fighter and a multi divisional champion, he was undisputed at 140 and beat a couple good guys at 147.

Jeez, some of you actually know **** about boxing.

Comment

Bud has called out Spence, in the media more than a few times and to Spence face, yet all we get from Errol is "but hes across the street doe."

Comment

Originally posted by Patsfan bri View Post
          These are the 2 best WW in the world and I said it over 2 years ago on this board, that this will be the fight that boxing world wants . Let hope it doesn’t take as long as pac/Mayweather fight took to make .
          I've said it before, and I'll say it again, the only person holding this fight up is Spence. He's the only one that wants to fight everyone else but Crawford. Meanwhile, Crawford is the one repeatedly calling him out, and Arum has been on the record saying he's willing to make the fight.

Comment

This fight should be made before the year ends.

Comment

Won't happen this year. Haymon knows Crawford is 10x the threat to Spence that Porter and Thurman are which is why he'll fight them first.

Comment

It's a business doe.
                Not likely to happen anytime soon.
                Very sad for boxing.
                Everyone in the business all conspire not to get it done.

Let's all hope these fighters get embarrassed in their next and succeeding fights.
                That's the only way to enjoy boxing these days.
                Root for all underdogs. If possible,
                go to their training camps and donate for their training,
                express moral support, anything that adds value...

I made a thread about underdogs in upset fights last year.
                Hope it continues.

Comment

Originally posted by MDPopescu View Post
                  ... I don't think so -- it's only about talking at this stage...

... exactly when, in the past, Al Haymon did offer a particular fighter "a deal that he couldn't refuse"?...
                  Then why did all these big name fighters including Floyd Mayweather work with him for so long? he must be putting up some serious money for these fighters and you see how well off most of his fighters are, almost all of the fighters are happy with Al, you can't say that about any other manager or promoter who's that dominant in the game.

Why didn't he do that with Terence Crawford? I find it hard to believe that Top Rank would put up more money especially considerimg the fact that they have absolutely nobody for Crawford to fight at 147 and they won't let him fight Al Haymon fighters. Really interested in knowing what happened behind closed doors here.

Comment

Originally posted by mrlopez View Post
                    Bud has called out Spence, in the media more than a few times and to Spence face, yet all we get from Errol is "but hes across the street doe."
                    Crawford can call out who he wants but Arum isn't letting him fight Spence or any other guy not aligned with Top Rank. He has that safety net. I'm not accusing either of not wanting it, I'm sure both do, but the same old BS politics are always in the way.

Comment

Originally posted by MisanthropicNY View Post
                      If you wanted to fight Spence, you shouldn't have resigned with Arum...
                      This^^^^^^^^^

Comment

Working...
                      X