Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Wilder vs. Breazeale, May 18th at Barclays on Showtime

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Four rounds or less. Breazeale is a slow weak bum with no chin.
    Last edited by Floydushka; 03-20-2019, 02:27 AM.

Comment

• Wilders 42nd opponent is the bum who joshua KOed in his 17th. There better not be any damn yank in this universe who ever complains about a foreign fighter holding his belt hostage ever again. PATHETIC excuse for a fighter.

Comment

• Good for fans it is not on ppv

Will probably pull in more than 1 million viewers which is rare for showtime...gotta go back to fights like wilder vs ortiz to see those kind of numbers

As for the fight, brezeale looked terrible vs carlos negron.

Wilder by ko within 6 rounds

Comment

• Originally posted by KTFOKING View Post
          He signed his life away? Was this a multi-year contract or something? How many fights did he sign this deal for?
          As far as I've seen they've not released anything more detailed than "Wilder has signed a contract with Showtime out of loyalty". To me that suggests a multi-fight contract, but I may be wrong - I have become overly cynical due to experience over the years.
          I'm just hoping it's nothing too long term; if the 3 top HW's are signed long term to 3 rival networks all we're going to have is Showtime, ESPN and DAZN arguing over who has the biggest prick for the next decade and the next time any 2 of them will face each other in the ring will be 5 years past their sell-by-date, like the May-Pac fight.

Comment

• What’s funny is all the damn comments show the fight is still hot in the public eye. If bs is comparable to public opinion (the die hards have long since been gone from here) then people still care so whatever jostling they’re doing is working

Comment

• Originally posted by DaBeastO View Post
              dazn is still new you idiot. it's gaining momentum. showtime is dying and cbs network channels doesn't even air boxing. the fox deal is new and is already doing horrible numbers so much for the exposure lol. you know nothing.
              why am I an idiot?

That's exactly my point in wilder's reason on maybe why he didn't sign with dazn

Originally posted by kafkod View Post
              AJ isn't telling Wilder to sign with DAZN in order to get the fight done!

The fight was done and there for him if he wanted it, along with another guaranteed $40million for a rematch if he lost, with the first fight happening in the US, plus a $20million sweetener for his mando with Breeazeale.

DAZN are putting up the money, so of course the fights would have be on their platform. Stop acting as if this is anything new! Wilder himself asked Hearn for a 3 fight contract last year - Dillian Whyte, then AJ with a rematch clause.
              I never said AJ told him to sign. I've said that Hearn stated to sign to dazn or no fight

Originally posted by Falkano View Post
              If showtime/fox/seaseme street offered him $100m to sign with them for three fights I am pretty sure he would.

The problem is he can't as he is under contract already. And of course showtime and fox don't have that kind of money to spend on boxers.

Wilder wants money correct? Wilder wants to be undisputed champion correct? Wilder wants the fight to be in the US correct? Wilder wants to go down as a boxing legend correct?
              Well he just turned down more money than anyone outside of Mayweather and Canelo have ever had from one fight. He has just turned down the chance of being undisputed champion. He has just turned down the fight being in the US. He has just turned down the chance of becoming a legend.

What people such as yourself don't seem to grasp on this damage control run is that Hearn and AJ had nothing to do with these negotiations. They were not involved.
              The offer was from DZAN. If Wilder agreed to the offer the AJ fight was done and dusted.
              Instead he didn't. He rejected the offer and took $97m less than what he was offered. The only reason someone would do that isn't to do with networks, isn't to do with contracts, isn't to do with ticket sales and all that rubbish. It is because they don't want to fight who they have been asked to fight.
              what he turned down was a contract to tie him up to a specific network.

he stated himself he can fight on any platform. Remember, Al Haymon isn't a promoter.

Originally posted by Adamsc151 View Post
              An exclusive contract for 3 fights is hardly a hardship. Bearing in mind fight 1 is on the doorstep it would be little over a year in length. And from what I've read he's signed his life away to Showtime anyway, probably for less money. How then can he fight on DAZN, who let's face it will have deeper pockets than Showtime for longer than the remainder of Wilder's career? Due to those deep pockets any attempt at Joshua's titles will be on DAZN in the USA.
              can i get a link for that?

Comment

• Originally posted by Floydushka View Post
                Four rounds or less. Breazeale is a slow weak bum with no chin.
                2 rounds or less..... Unless breaz backs up the whole fight and makes it drag

Comment

• Originally posted by bigjavi973 View Post

I never said AJ told him to sign. I've said that Hearn stated to sign to dazn or no fight

what he turned down was a contract to tie him up to a specific network.

he stated himself he can fight on any platform. Remember, Al Haymon isn't a promoter.
                  It's pretty clear that Hearn said it's DAZN or no fight because Wilder says he won't deal with Matchroom under any circumstances and DAZN are offering multiple times more money for it than Wilder's side could afford. And the DAZN offer is the only one on the table.

Nobody is trying to tie Wilder to a specific network or asking for any options on him after he fights AJ. He was offered Breazeale, who he has to fight any way, and 2 fights with AJ, which is what he said he wanted. After that, win or lose, he could fight wherever he wanted.

Comment

• Originally posted by Adamsc151 View Post
                    As far as I've seen they've not released anything more detailed than "Wilder has signed a contract with Showtime out of loyalty". To me that suggests a multi-fight contract, but I may be wrong - I have become overly cynical due to experience over the years.
                    I'm just hoping it's nothing too long term; if the 3 top HW's are signed long term to 3 rival networks all we're going to have is Showtime, ESPN and DAZN arguing over who has the biggest prick for the next decade and the next time any 2 of them will face each other in the ring will be 5 years past their sell-by-date, like the May-Pac fight.
                    He hasn't signed any long term deal, and Finkel said they are negotiating a three year or three fight deal with SHO, but said there will be outs in the contract to make certain fights. So nothing happened yesterday to prevent any Joshua or Fury showdown.

Comment

• Originally posted by KTFOKING View Post
                      He hasn't signed any long term deal, and Finkel said they are negotiating a three year or three fight deal with SHO, but said there will be outs in the contract to make certain fights. So nothing happened yesterday to prevent any Joshua or Fury showdown.
                      Let's hope that holds out, as well as the unbeaten records of the top 3. I reckon the unification would have to be on DAZN though, they seem to have the deepest pockets, and are desperate for the highest profile fights.

Comment

Working...
                      X