Per ESPN - Details of DAZN offer Wilder turned down

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Fabes88 View Post
    What’s your view on aj turning down the 50 mil
    I don't think it's fair to say Joshua turned it down. Joshua wanted to accept, but he has an exclusive promotional agreement with Matchroom and Matchroom has the exclusive right to pick his opponents.

Comment

Originally posted by Mirror Universe View Post
      I don't think it's fair to say Joshua turned it down. Joshua wanted to accept, but he has an exclusive promotional agreement with Matchroom and Matchroom has the exclusive right to pick his opponents.
      That's a lie WBC.

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
        It's amazing they keep offering this nobody all this "big money." Weird.

We really shouldn't care where Wilder fights Breazeale and that's who he is fighting next, regardless. After that, they can negotiate a Joshua fight and we'll see where it ends up. Hopefully to the highest bidder.
        Right. This fight is bigger than the sum of its parts, aka “gestalt”. It takes two to really tango in boxing. If the fight did truly huge numbers it’d be thanks to American sales. The interest wouldn’t be because AJ is fighting, or because Wilder is fighting, it’d be because they are fighting eachother. Like most sports salaries are about precedent. The precedent shows that offering flat rates doesn’t get superfights made. If they fought at Wembley ask Hearn why they’d have to fight in the middle of the night so North America could see it in Prime Time?

Comment

Originally posted by Rip Chudd View Post
          I remember when a certain fan base was on here saying Deontay should take a 12 mil flat offer and be grateful. Dude said screw that and now is being offered the world. That worked out for him but if this is true and he's turning these numbers down he has to be crazy
          If Wilder-Joshua breaks the Tyson-Lewis mark of 2m PPV buys, and if Wilder-Joshua 2 breaks even that mark (50/50 at least), Wilder has likely more than made up the $100m for three fights.

It all comes down to how big the money folks think the fight could actually be (Canelo had a PPV track record of 9 events, and he was able to swing $15m for Fielding and $35m for each of his next 10 fights; Wilder has had all of one PPV, yet was allegedly offered $20m for his tune-up and $40m for each Joshua fight).

Even writing that, that's crazy to me, but Wilder's camp sees an even bigger pot coming so who knows

Comment

So he had a offer for 4 fights for 120mil or 3 fight deal for 100mil.. That’s crazy money. Who else will pay him 20mil for Breazeale? I mean he only got 12.5mil against Fury in was they called the biggest fight in boxing.. Breazeale fight isn’t even PPV worthy, Wilder himself admitted that. But let’s say they do put in on and somehow it doubles the PPV viewership of Fury vs Wilder and does around 600k.. the fight still would not generate enough money to pay him 20mil.

Comment

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
              And Wilder publicly accepted 15 million after that.

Eddie Hearn wasn't shady at all. He asked for a meeting. Only in delusional Wilder land does that equal shady.
              All that was needed to be said was "Yes, Anthony Joshua wants this deal; let's meet up to try and smooth out these rough spots on the deal".

There's no need to meet when your fighter says I'll fight right now for $50m, yet passes when the $50m shows up, lol.

What was there to even discuss?

Comment

Originally posted by NahMean View Post
                So he had a offer for 4 fights for 120mil or 3 fight deal for 100mil.. That’s crazy money. Who else will pay him 20mil for Breazeale? I mean he only got 12.5mil against Fury in was they called the biggest fight in boxing.. Breazeale fight isn’t even PPV worthy, Wilder himself admitted that. But let’s say they do put in on and somehow it doubles the PPV viewership of Fury vs Wilder and does around 600k.. the fight still would not generate enough money to pay him 20mil.
                The Joshua fight is the big score, full stop; no one is really checking for the Breazeale fight.

Comment

Originally posted by todisday View Post
                  With the money Wilder-Joshua will produce, that's a lowball contract

Wilder should just force the 50/50 split on them in time, whenever Joshua and Fury find the guts to put it all on the line
                  What would be acceptable to you? I mean 100 million sounds like an awful lot to me!! Only against fury as he made within 5-10% of that figure and even that fight barely beyond that. Given it would effectively be 18/24 months contract it seems obvious to 95% of us that any rejection is really just a fear Of losing.

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
                    It's up to Wilder. He can take whatever deal he likes.He met with them and didn't like the deal so obviously he had an open mind.

But boy, haven't we come a long way from folks saying he should've taken 12.5 million, then 15 million? Imagine what's next.
                    Funny. I remember saying the same thing about Joshua turning down the $50mill deal.

Money isn’t the only consideration for a contract.

Neither side can really say too much any more. This is getting to be like Pac/Floyd where every criticism can be easily levelled at the other guy.

What is clear to me is that both sides want the fight (evidenced by the amount of money they are putting up for it), but neither want to lose control of the promotion (which is why massive offers keep getting turned down).

If this fight can’t be made with the numbers being put up, then it’s going to be a massive upstream battle to get it while both are still prime.

F**king sucks

Comment

Originally posted by BLASTER1 View Post
                      Think about what you just said.
                      How was it that AJ made awilder/Fury a sucsess.
                      Was he a shapeshifter and shifted into each fighter??
                      I don't understand what you mean by AJ made their fight successful.
                      That’s not what I said. I said aj made what wilder and fury did combined against a b opponent in povetkin. How can wilder be the a side when aj made what fury and wilder did combined against povetkin. How can you spin that with a straight face

Comment

Working...
                      X