No announcement yet.

Per ESPN - Details of DAZN offer Wilder turned down

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BIG GUNZ View Post
    They could take it out of live gate money & money they make from how many DAZN subscribers watch the fight.
    Live gate money would be vastly inferior to the lump sum already offered... and so would subscribers at $10 a pop.

To come out at the figure that DAZN have offered Wilder you'd be talking a $20,000,000 Vegas Gate AND 3,000,000 viewers on DAZN. Does that seem remotely attainable?

You're applying a model that just does not fit to a subscription service. That's why every fighter at DAZN gets a flat fee.

Comment

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
      He himself offered Joshua, the A side by a million miles a flat fee and cried about it ever since.

Now he's been offered double that money, at least 10x his life's worth and rejects it.
      Another issue is Joshua was offered 50 million like he said he would take & refused it. I think both sides are at fault to a degree for it not happening but I really think Hearn being shady has played a big role in why the fight didn’t happen in the past. Now Wilder wants nothing to do with dealing with Hearn which is making things difficult.

Comment

Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post
        Turned it down to make 2/3 mil on Showtime. Pure ****** ducking going on here.
        You really think he’s going to make 3 million? Get serious man. Now I’m not making excuses for Wilder or trying to justify his decision but why does it have to always be a multi fight deal? Why can’t he just fight Joshua twice then keep it moving?

Comment

Originally posted by Deus View Post
          Live gate money would be vastly inferior to the lump sum already offered... and so would subscribers at $10 a pop.

To come out at the figure that DAZN have offered Wilder you'd be talking a $20,000,000 Vegas Gate AND 3,000,000 viewers on DAZN. Does that seem remotely attainable?

You're applying a model that just does not fit to a subscription service. That's why every fighter at DAZN gets a flat fee.
          Than how is DAZN going to even stay in business? They’ll just keep losing money on every fight since I don’t think DAZN is even that popular yet. I know they have a lot of money but how long will they accept losing money before they just pull the plug on it?

Comment

Originally posted by Pan-Africanist View Post
            You really think he’s going to make 3 million? Get serious man. Now I’m not making excuses for Wilder or trying to justify his decision but why does it have to always be a multi fight deal? Why can’t he just fight Joshua twice then keep it moving?
            20 mil to fight Breazeale how is that a bad thing?

Comment

Another issue is Joshua was offered 50 million like he said he would take & refused it. I think both sides are at fault to a degree for it not happening but I really think Hearn being shady has played a big role in why the fight didn’t happen in the past. Now Wilder wants nothing to do with dealing with Hearn which is making things difficult.
              And Wilder publicly accepted 15 million after that.

Eddie Hearn wasn't shady at all. He asked for a meeting. Only in delusional Wilder land does that equal shady.

Comment

they've offered the joshua fights as stand alone fights.

If Wilder would rather make 5 or less vs Breazele on SHO than 20mil on DAZN, then all the power to him

Comment

Deyonce is just the turd that won't flush.

Comment

Than how is DAZN going to even stay in business? They’ll just keep losing money on every fight since I don’t think DAZN is even that popular yet. I know they have a lot of money but how long will they accept losing money before they just pull the plug on it?
                    Because subscribers pay $10 a month. If they put on events people want to see then likelihood is current subscribers and new subscribers are paying for an entire years subscription and then DAZN are making money.

That is the model; you get big fights to get people in the door and then you keep them there to keep the money flowing. Hence how a split on subscriptions makes no sense because with that subscription people will be watching lots of fights, not one like it is with PPV.

Comment

It's amazing they keep offering this nobody all this "big money." Weird.

We really shouldn't care where Wilder fights Breazeale and that's who he is fighting next, regardless. After that, they can negotiate a Joshua fight and we'll see where it ends up. Hopefully to the highest bidder.

Comment

Working...
                      X