No announcement yet.

Per ESPN - Details of DAZN offer Wilder turned down

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Jax teller View Post
    You're a fraud, coward with no balls clipping quotes in an attempt to give them another meaning just so you don't have to admit you was wrong. You didn't even do a good job of it.

"It could be anything,” Hearn explained. “It could be [Wilder versus] Breazeale on DAZN, [Wilder versus] Joshua on DAZN. It could be [Wilder versus] Breazeale on Showtime, [Wilder versus] Joshua on DAZN. So, what I’m saying is, that first fight, until they sit down and hash everything out, I don’t know whether this is gonna be, ‘Come straight on DAZN. Do the Joshua fight on DAZN.’ There’s the loads of things that they might wanna do, etcetera.”

- Relating directly to the offer they sent, lol even mentions Wilder Breazeale could be on showtime. Nothing to do with the fight not being on another network if they bidded higher.

This just confirms DAZN is his favoured way still doesn't mention it as the only way.

At the end of the day you got nothing becuase Hearn has always maintained this fight goes to the highest bidder, try harder next time
    a fraud? look at this dork..... you must not have a full grasp of the english language. Clearly says there 'Do the Joshua fight on Dazn'

Comment

• Originally posted by bigjavi973 View Post
      a fraud? look at this dork..... you must not have a full grasp of the english language. Clearly says there 'Do the Joshua fight on Dazn'
      Fraud, fake, foney, BS whatever you want to call yourself trying to cut articles to say something else and you couldn't even do it right.

What else would you expect him to say when talking directly about the offer from DAZN? Do you want a disclosure from Hearn in every interview "other broadcasters are available at with the right price"
      LMAO your argument is Hearn said it can't go on other networks not that he wouldn't prefer it on his own, you numpty.

https://youtu.be/C9JniUT8hFA

9:30 onwards if you need to witness it yourself.
      Last edited by Jax teller; 03-20-2019, 01:25 PM.

Comment

• I'm to the point I hope one of them loses their next fight, it would serve their greedy asses right. They are both responsible for this BS.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jax teller View Post
          Fraud, fake, foney, BS whatever you want to call yourself trying to cut articles to say something else and you couldn't even do it right.

What else would you expect him to say when talking directly about the offer from DAZN? Do you want a disclosure from Hearn in every interview "other broadcasters are available at with the right price"
          LMAO your argument is Hearn said it can't go on other networks not that he wouldn't prefer it on his own, you numpty.

https://youtu.be/C9JniUT8hFA

9:30 onwards if you need to witness it yourself.
          thats whats stated if you cant read thats your problem.

and that problem is all of you constantly jumping the gun all the time

Comment

• Originally posted by bigdunny1 View Post
            Per ESPN

DAZN offered Wilder two versions of a deal from which he could pick, two sources with knowledge of the offers told ESPN.

One deal, the sources said, was for three fights worth $100 million. The first fight would have been a $20 million payday to fight Breazeale this spring. The second fight would have been for $40 million to fight Joshua in the fall for the undisputed title with the third fight being an immediate rematch with Joshua for another $40 million -- even if Wilder, in the worst-case scenario, had gotten knocked out, even in the first round, of the first fight by Joshua (22-0, 21 KOs), 29, of England.

The second version of the offer, one of the sources said, would have paid Wilder $20 million to fight Breazeale, $40 million for the Joshua fight, a $20 million fight against another opponent to be determined followed by another $40 million for a rematch with Joshua in the fourth fight.

In addition, one of the sources said the first fight with Joshua was guaranteed to be in the United States with DAZN willing to have the second fight in Joshua's native United Kingdom, even though the time zone would put a live stream of the fight on in the late afternoon instead of closer to the preferred time of 11:30 p.m. ET, which is when most major fights go off for U.S. broadcasts.

After Fury signed a co-promotional deal with Top Rank last month to bring his fights to ESPN platforms, the much-anticipated rematch with Wilder, which was close to being finalized, fell apart because Wilder also rejected an offer from Top Rank for $12.5 million for a summer fight against an opponent to be determined followed by $20 million to fight Fury again on ESPN PPV in the fall.
            What’s your take on this?

Comment

• Originally posted by bigdunny1 View Post
              Per ESPN

DAZN offered Wilder two versions of a deal from which he could pick, two sources with knowledge of the offers told ESPN.

One deal, the sources said, was for three fights worth $100 million. The first fight would have been a $20 million payday to fight Breazeale this spring. The second fight would have been for $40 million to fight Joshua in the fall for the undisputed title with the third fight being an immediate rematch with Joshua for another $40 million -- even if Wilder, in the worst-case scenario, had gotten knocked out, even in the first round, of the first fight by Joshua (22-0, 21 KOs), 29, of England.

The second version of the offer, one of the sources said, would have paid Wilder $20 million to fight Breazeale, $40 million for the Joshua fight, a $20 million fight against another opponent to be determined followed by another $40 million for a rematch with Joshua in the fourth fight.

In addition, one of the sources said the first fight with Joshua was guaranteed to be in the United States with DAZN willing to have the second fight in Joshua's native United Kingdom, even though the time zone would put a live stream of the fight on in the late afternoon instead of closer to the preferred time of 11:30 p.m. ET, which is when most major fights go off for U.S. broadcasts.

After Fury signed a co-promotional deal with Top Rank last month to bring his fights to ESPN platforms, the much-anticipated rematch with Wilder, which was close to being finalized, fell apart because Wilder also rejected an offer from Top Rank for $12.5 million for a summer fight against an opponent to be determined followed by $20 million to fight Fury again on ESPN PPV in the fall.
              If I'm Wilder I would've taken this deal unless Haymon/Finkel showed me some honest projections that the AJ/Wilder fight makes more on PPV.

I get you may not want to risk fighting on DAZN with the odds stacked against you but that is a ton of money to turn away from. I don't see how he makes similar money on SHO/Fox.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mirror Universe View Post
                I don't know whether they want to fight him or not.

But it's easy to dispute.

Hearn says he'll only allow the fight to happen if Wilder signs with DAZN, even though Joshua isn't signed to DAZN. Meanwhile, Showtime is willing to pay more for the fight than DAZN is willing to pay.

So why should the fight be on DAZN when Showtime is willing to pay more? Because Hearn refuses to allow it? Okay, but how is that Wilder's fault?
                Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
                This guy has serious problems.

wilder is just a fighter bro. he's not your dad,.
                Originally posted by Mirror Universe View Post
                And in other interviews says the fight can only be on DAZN. When will you realize Hearn is constantly lying and contradicts himself daily?

Showtime has made bigger offers than DAZN has and Hearn has turned those offers down. Actions speak louder than words.

Let me know when Hearn offers a two fight deal with one fight PBC and one fight DAZN. If Wilder turns that down, I'll agree he's ducking. As things stand now, Hearn has still refused to do a fair deal. I personally thought Wilder would accept the 100 million, fair or not, but it seems Haymon has dipped into the war chest to match.
                Originally posted by bigjavi973 View Post
                thats whats stated if you cant read thats your problem.

and that problem is all of you constantly jumping the gun all the time
                No you was saying Hearn would only allow the fight of Wilder signed to DAZN with that Mirrorr universe guy. You can't work out of this dummy, plus in that clip Hearn said Wilder just fighting AJ was on the table as well didn't even have to take the Breazeale part.

Comment

Working...
                X