Collapse
No announcement yet.

Per ESPN - Details of DAZN offer Wilder turned down

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What is clear is that either Wilder or his handlers do not want to fight Joshua.

That is beyond dispute at this moment in time.

Comment

Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post
      Turned it down to make 2/3 mil on Showtime. Pure ****** ducking going on here.
      The very article you're responding to says Wilder was guaranteed a minimum of ten million in his last fight. Why are you still lying and claiming he makes 2-3?

Comment

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
        What is clear is that either Wilder or his handlers do not want to fight Joshua.

That is beyond dispute at this moment in time.
        I don't know whether they want to fight him or not.

But it's easy to dispute.

Hearn says he'll only allow the fight to happen if Wilder signs with DAZN, even though Joshua isn't signed to DAZN. Meanwhile, Showtime is willing to pay more for the fight than DAZN is willing to pay.

So why should the fight be on DAZN when Showtime is willing to pay more? Because Hearn refuses to allow it? Okay, but how is that Wilder's fault?

Comment

Originally posted by Mirror Universe View Post
          I don't know whether they want to fight him or not.

But it's easy to dispute.

Hearn says he'll only allow the fight to happen if Wilder signs with DAZN, even though Joshua isn't signed to DAZN. Meanwhile, Showtime is willing to pay more for the fight than DAZN is willing to pay.

So why should the fight be on DAZN when Showtime is willing to pay more? Because Hearn refuses to allow it? Okay, but how is that Wilder's fault?
          Hearn said as late as two days ago that the fight could happen on Showtime if they put up more money. Showtime is clearly not able, capable or willing to put up more than 100mil guarantee when their man just barely broke profits in their biggest promotion of 2018,.

Nice try though.

Comment

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
            Hearn said as late as two days ago that the fight could happen on Showtime if they put up more money.
            And in other interviews says the fight can only be on DAZN. When will you realize Hearn is constantly lying and contradicts himself daily?

Showtime has made bigger offers than DAZN has and Hearn has turned those offers down. Actions speak louder than words.

Let me know when Hearn offers a two fight deal with one fight PBC and one fight DAZN. If Wilder turns that down, I'll agree he's ducking. As things stand now, Hearn has still refused to do a fair deal. I personally thought Wilder would accept the 100 million, fair or not, but it seems Haymon has dipped into the war chest to match.

Comment

Originally posted by BIG GUNZ View Post
              As I thought, I guarantee the reason he turned it down was due to it being a flat fee. According to that he would have gotten no percentage outside of his fee unless more details come in later.
              That makes no sense.

DAZN is a streaming app they don't charge PPV so there's nothing to take a percentage out of.

Comment

Originally posted by Mirror Universe View Post
                And in other interviews says the fight can only be on DAZN. When will you realize Hearn is constantly lying and contradicts himself daily?

Showtime has made bigger offers than DAZN has and Hearn has turned those offers down. Actions speak louder than words.

Let me know when Hearn offers a two fight deal with one fight PBC and one fight DAZN. If Wilder turns that down, I'll agree he's ducking. As things stand now, Hearn has still refused to do a fair deal. I personally thought Wilder would accept the 100 million, fair or not, but it seems Haymon has dipped into the war chest to match.
                This guy has serious problems.

wilder is just a fighter bro. he's not your dad,.

Comment

Originally posted by BIG GUNZ View Post
                  As I thought, I guarantee the reason he turned it down was due to it being a flat fee. According to that he would have gotten no percentage outside of his fee unless more details come in later.
                  He himself offered Joshua, the A side by a million miles a flat fee and cried about it ever since.

Now he's been offered double that money, at least 10x his life's worth and rejects it.

Comment

Originally posted by Deus View Post
                    That makes no sense.

DAZN is a streaming app they don't charge PPV so there's nothing to take a percentage out of.
                    They could take it out of live gate money & money they make from how many DAZN subscribers watch the fight.

Comment

I remember when a certain fan base was on here saying Deontay should take a 12 mil flat offer and be grateful. Dude said screw that and now is being offered the world. That worked out for him but if this is true and he's turning these numbers down he has to be crazy

Comment

Working...
                      X