Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Sergey Kovalev To Dmitry Bivol: I'm Ready, What About You?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MaksBox View Post
    It is crazy how the people here went from "Who is Bivol?" to "Bivol is God at 175" so damn quickly. Casual fans. lol.

In either case... Bivol is certainly the future of 175 and he is a very competent all around boxer... and as much as I am fan, he is my second fav boxer behind Kovalev, he almost lost the fight and was saved by the bell. (When Joe Smith caught him with that right.)

We really don't know how good a chin bivol has and if there was 5 more seconds, bivol would have lost that belt.

Kovalev, even if he does not have all of that same "Krusher" power... can surely deal them out and his Jab is even better recently.

Bivol would clean up at 168 for sure. But at 175 he is a tad small.

Lastly, I don't think he has that killer instinct to close... Yes, exceptionally competent, great speed, good power, and good boxing IQ... but sometimes you need to press your advantage and go for it... he only let it go at the end of the 12th. In the mean time, he gave Joe smith 12 rounds to try and find that one punch to land.

Kovalev... while he may not have that full stamina, absolute has more power, that same boxing IQ if not better, but also has that instinct to close the fight... and that comes from experience.
    ... at this stage of his career, I think that Kovalev would try to stop Bivol early, rather than trying to win a decision...

Comment

Bivol, you've been called out! Shots fired! MAN UP!

Comment

It should be a damn good fight, my money would be on Bivol but Kovalev showed good discipline in his last fight and didn't get reckless with decent gas in the tank in later rounds.

Comment

Artur WHERE HAVE YOU GONE!

YOU WERE THE NIGHTMARE AT 175

YOU LOST Soooooo much time!!!!!

What a wasted Career...Beterbeiv

FIGHT!!! WHEN???? JUST MADE ME SICK!

LIKE STEALING TO FIGHTS FROM GGG

YOU HAVE TO TAKE A TITLE...

OH? THAT WAS BEFORE THERE WERE 50 Titles...

Comment

Autur

Beterbiev WHERE ARE YOU!!!

What a waste......You need to fight!

You could have been more than a flash...

So many years wasted!

You were the MONSTER at 175.....

You have got to FIGHT!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by slimPickings View Post
              Bivol against a prime Kov is a 50 50 fight.
              This version of Kov gets stopped inside the distance.
              What i have seen thus far of Bivol tells me he is special.
              Pretty much agree with this, though i'm not sure current bivol would be 50-50 vs a prime Kovalev (would favour kovalev slightly).

Bivol is a fantastic boxer but the one gripe I have is that he isnt aggressive enough at times, he could have forced the stoppage against Smith if he showed more aggression and let his hands go more.

Comment

If the same Kovalev we saw in Alvarez II shows up, and I see no reason to doubt that happens, this will be a classic LHW matchup. I'd go with Kovalev for a UD or mid/late rounds KO. Bivol can be hit, no matter how slick he is.

Comment

Get it on, should be a great fight. Lately it seems to go on a fight by fight basis whether Kovalev is shot, or just adjusting his style due to age constraints.

Comment

I got Bivol!

Comment

If Kov lands the right hand that smith landed at the end of the 10th round bivol will be snoozing. Amazing match up though! I hope DAZN gets this fight!

Comment

Working...
                      X