Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Sergey Kovalev To Dmitry Bivol: I'm Ready, What About You?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Man this would be an epic fight

Comment

Who would you guys pick to win? I was leaning more and more Bivol but with Smith Jr hurting Bivol badly, and Kovalev getting his stamina back his last fight, Kovalev might even be the favorite again. Hell of a matchup.

Comment

Originally posted by HarvardBlue View Post
        I like Bivol's footwork but even slow as molasses Joe Smith was able to time him a few times.

Kovalev is a much better boxer than Joe Smith. I'm still not sure who will win this one yet.

I was surprised Smith looked so basic and awful last night. And yet he still had more than a few good moments.
        You think Smith Jr got slower not fighting much the last two years, or do you think it was just that Bivol is that quick and that good?

Cuz to me, Smith Jr looked in fantastic shape at the weigh in, fantastic, and he made weight easily, but then on fight night, he looked bigger than I remembered, and slower than I remembered. And yet, when fighting the smallest opponent I've ever seen him fight, and the quickest opponent I've ever seen him fight, isn't that exactly what you would expect it to look like, that he looks bigger and slower than you remember?

I was definitely wondering about that though. Or did Smith Jr rehydrate extra on purpose to be able to take Bivol's power, which means Bivol had to deal with even more weight than BHop did, but made Smith Jr slower? Tradeoffs.

We will never know because amateur DAZN didn't post the fight night weights. *****ing amateurs! Unacceptable in 2019. And Im a DAZN supporter. Its just so frustrating fans keep getting the short end of the stick on good fights and now even basic important information we need to know to fully analyze the fights.

Comment

Id love the fight and favor bivol. The dude is a master boxer with a chin and punch. Complete package.

Comment

Bivol should do it now! If he loses he is young and can come back from a loss. If he wins then his stock rises more. I don’t want to see him wait out kovo the way canelo did GGG

Comment

Originally posted by Robi13 View Post
              Id love the fight and favor bivol. The dude is a master boxer with a chin and punch. Complete package.
              He recovers quick too. That shot last night had him super fuzzy and a minute later he seemed fine

Comment

Make the Unification Bout Now! What other options do either of them especially Bivol! The rest of his Division is with ESPN so fight Kovalev and Unify or move down to 168 for Callum Smith and HOPEFULLY Canelo
                Last edited by sicko; 03-10-2019, 11:50 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Chuckguy View Post
                  He recovers quick too. That shot last night had him super fuzzy and a minute later he seemed fine
                  I'd give him a legit shot to wipe out 168 and 175

Comment

Bivol retires Kovalev! War missiles from Russia is everywhere!

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing Logic View Post
                      You think Smith Jr got slower not fighting much the last two years, or do you think it was just that Bivol is that quick and that good?

Cuz to me, Smith Jr looked in fantastic shape at the weigh in, fantastic, and he made weight easily, but then on fight night, he looked bigger than I remembered, and slower than I remembered. And yet, when fighting the smallest opponent I've ever seen him fight, and the quickest opponent I've ever seen him fight, isn't that exactly what you would expect it to look like, that he looks bigger and slower than you remember?

I was definitely wondering about that though. Or did Smith Jr rehydrate extra on purpose to be able to take Bivol's power, which means Bivol had to deal with even more weight than BHop did, but made Smith Jr slower? Tradeoffs.

We will never know because amateur DAZN didn't post the fight night weights. *****ing amateurs! Unacceptable in 2019. And Im a DAZN supporter. Its just so frustrating fans keep getting the short end of the stick on good fights and now even basic important information we need to know to fully analyze the fights.
                      I think it's a combination of both. I think there was a bit of ring rust showing on Smith. However, I don't think any version of Smith would be quick enough to hang with Bivol because he's that good.

I didn't like the way Bivol was getting hit by some of the same punches Smith was throwing the entire fight.

Smith did look considerably bigger than Bivol.

Comment

Working...
                      X