No announcement yet.

Wilder in talks with DAZN, meeting John Skipper next week

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Randall Cunning View Post
    How do you push PPV as being viable with whats going on at DAZN? The public are going to cotton at some point at being made to pay $75 for fights.
    I don't mind paying $75 for a PPV fight I want to watch. People pay for what they want. till this day I have yet to pay a penny to DAZN. I'll end up paying for Canelo/Jacobs for that month only and cancel till the next big fight.

Comment

I don't think Wilder was underpaid for years. He was properly paid. But the market is totally different now. DAZN has crazy amount of money they are throwing around and ESPN just upped their boxing budget for their streaming service.

And of course Haymon would prefer Wilder not to go to DAZN as he has a bunch of HWs that will follow him there. He has a full stable of HWs from Breazeale/Ortiz/Ruiz/Kownacki/Ajagba/Joyce/etc that he wants to keep and create their own little tournaments. Wilder is also the PBC's biggest star. But if Wilder is getting offered a stupid amount for the likes of Breazeale, then it will be hard for him to turn it down.

Comment

Originally posted by vaborikua2014 View Post
        If you're going to pretend to be from elsewhere atleast write the name of the place correctly on your profile
        Dont make this 2015 all over again when I used to body you and shove glocks down your throat. Lets keep it civil or get Jigsaw on your back again like a monkey.

Comment

Originally posted by chrisJS View Post
          Wilder fans/PBC fans/Showtime fans/DAZN haters are going to have as big a meltdown as Espinoza does if true!
          Chris you know me. I am perhaps the biggest Wilder/PBC/ Showtime fanboy there is but I like DAZN too and what they are doing. As it was time for a change.

This was the perhaps the best possible career move that Wilder could have made at this time and I couldn't have more happy and proud of him. He is finally going to get his just due.

Comment

Originally posted by lolpz View Post
            Not really, that would just mean that PBC would spread to DAZN as well. Another platform for them, that is all. As long as the money is there, no problem if this is what it comes to.

This is why PBC is so powerful, they have the majority of fighters, with the most options as well. Al Haymon really took over boxing subtly, even if it isn't visible to the naked eye.
            not at all. Haymon has no control over fighters once they sign with DAZN or espn. Why do you think he matched Top rank’s offer to keep wilder from going to espn?

Haymon wants all his fighters on pbc where he controls the fights.

He has no say on Danny Jacobs and Jessie Vargas fights at DAZN. Why do you think Haymon offered Jacobs several millions to come to pbc but then couldn’t match the offfer when golden boy offered 15 million for Canelo.

You are very naive. Haymon wants these guys at pbc where he has 9 figure television deals he needs to fulfill with his best fighters. Having them go to fox and showtimes competitors is a major blow to him and will effect future negotiations when they go to renew these tv deals.

Comment

Originally posted by champion4ever View Post
              If CBS really valued and demanded Deontay Wilder's services then all they had to do was to sign him to a long term Multi-$million dollar deal like they did Floyd Mayweather back in 2012.
              Wilder isn't Floyd and would not generate the revenue to justify a big contract. Dazn paying GGG, Canelo and AJ all that money is a little suspect. They are pretty much paying for their names knowing they will be losing money. Same thing with ESPN and Fury, Fury will not generate over 50 million for his fights to justify what they are going to pay him. Without PPV money, these guys are pretty much relying on gate revenue which is usually around 10-20 million for mega fights, sponsors, TV rights and subscriptions. Hard to see where DAZN makes any money especially with it being reported that they lost over 240 million last year

Comment

Originally posted by that g View Post
                Lol all of a sudden everyone loves dazn?
                Haha.
                And then people here trying to ignore the fact that wilder had to go behind Shelley finkel and al Haymon’s back?

FYI, Eddie Hearn and Lou dibella orchestrated this. Eddie tried to setup a meet between wilders people and skipper, but of course they didn’t show up. Typical. So wilder uses whatever brain cells he has left to work with Lou to bypass haymon and finkel.
                Let’s not try to start twisting facts now.
                There’s clearly turbulence in the Wilder camp.
                Reading this, it looks like DiBella has sidestepped Haymon and Finkel, and Lou is the one member of Wilder's team with whom Hearn has a good working relationship.

And it's Eddie's main man, AJ, who Wilder will be fighting on DAZN if this deal happens, so he's got to be involved in it somewhere.

Skipper and DiBella better just hope that Deontay doesn't figure that out though.

Comment

Wilder Live Reaction with Tha Boxing Voice on now

Some quotes so far:
                  "It Will Never Get Done With Him, I Don't Want Anything To Do With Eddie (Hearn)!"
                  "Showtime Is Still In The Running, Don't Count Them Out, They're Family!"

Comment

Originally posted by filup79 View Post
                    I don't mind paying $75 for a PPV fight I want to watch. People pay for what they want. till this day I have yet to pay a penny to DAZN. I'll end up paying for Canelo/Jacobs for that month only and cancel till the next big fight.
                    At a certain point, you'll just need to admit that you don't like boxing.

Comment

DiBella knew, given the bad blood between promoter Eddie Hearn and Wilder, per sources, that no deal with DAZN could be completed with the Brit at the helm. That was further proven by Hearn’s lack of rapport with GGG during the discussions, according to sources.
                      Skipper is expected to lay out a multi-fight offer to Wilder that would pay him at least $20 million per fight on DAZN; the second bout of the deal would pit Wilder against Anthony Joshua in a fight for the undisputed heavyweight championship.

Use link in that tweet for the article

The first part didn't make sense. What does Wilder and Hearn having bad blood have to do with GGG? Is he saying Hearn had to be taken out of those negotiations to close the deal?

And $20M for Breazeale?? Wow!!!!! That's what I just said an hour or so ago. If Hearn was mentioning 15M, what is Skipper going to offer this time around? Looks like dude is going to get $5M more than the first offer, which was still pretty damn great.

Wilder played this perfectly. Kept upping his value. Sort of like GGG, but didn't need six damn months to finalize a deal lol. And obviously it's not done yet, but hard to imagine Wilder turning down 20M here.

Comment

Working...
                      X