Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wilder in talks with DAZN, meeting John Skipper next week

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I believe that $15mil offer from Eddie Hearn and plus that original 60/40 purse split for the first fight in American and that 50/50 split in the U.K if Deontay Wilder wins put a lot on Deontay Wilder's mind.

Now he can officially say fuck Tyson Fury. Who needs him? The titleless, boring non crowd pleasing dosser.

So now get right English fans because your hour has finally arrive. No more of this Deontay Wilder is ducking talk.

Comment

Originally posted by lolpz View Post
      This Wilder thing does hurt PBC somewhat, but they also still have plenty of elite and ppv worthy fights in other divisions.

Look at welterweight for example. Plenty of elite match ups in other divisions to make up for those losses. Also, they can focus on these divisions rather then spreading themselves too thin.

But I will reiterate, losing Wilder would be somewhat of a blow. If he can win those titles and bring them back to Showtime though while increasing his profile, he'll force guys to come to him. It's a monetary thing and calculated risk.
      he wouldn’t be bringing the titles back. It would be a multi year deal.

It would shut Showtime out of the heavyweight business. But more importantly open the door for Charlo Irtiz Breazeale to go to DAZN too. Its the ripple effect that would really damage pbc.

Comment

Originally posted by pillowfists98 View Post
        Stephen Espinoza is going to have another twitter meltdown.
        Yes, I know. He is not going to like it. Not even a little but let him get mad. Wilder doesn't owe him shit.

Comment

Originally posted by KTFOKING View Post
          LOL, also Wilder is being petty not wanting Hearn involved here. Wants a direct face to face with Skipper instead. Fair play, but the man really does hate Hearn, huh?
          No, I think it has more to do with trust and checks and balances. If a man has burned you once, then he can easily do it again. So Skipper is the buffer that can help reel Hearn back in the right direction, if he decides to steer to off course.

Comment

No more excuses. The excuses are over. This fight has to get made before the end of the year because AJ wants and definitely Deontay Wilder wants it. So this means that Wilder has totally forsaken that rematch with Tyson Fury because before this match up is over there could at least be a trilogy.

Comment

Originally posted by champion4ever View Post
              No more excuses. The excuses are over. This fight has to get made before the end of the year because AJ wants and definitely Deontay Wilder wants it. So this means that Wilder has totally forsaken that rematch with Tyson Fury because before this match up is over there could at least be a trilogy.
              Of course its going to happen at the end of the year, this is it. I admire you showing your face aswell, most of the PBC's forum hierarchy are dodging. You must be a boxing fan

Comment

Originally posted by killakali View Post
                criss out Haymon from that statement. He doesn’t want wilder to go there. He doesn’t have a choice. Wilders managers have the final day along with wilder himself.

Haymon has multimillion dollar tv contracts to fulfill at fox and showtime.

Wilder leaving would cost showtime several millions and could start a ripple effect. If wilder leaves it’s much easier for Jermall Charlo and Dominic Breazeale to follow suite and further deplete the pbc shows.

Haymon didn’t want Alvarez Beterbiev Khan Vargas etc to go either.
                You are absolutely right. I bet you Wilder was feeling slighted in not being fully compensated for his worth and underappreciated. So he probably told Haymon that if he don't start matching similar offers as DAZN or ESPN or at the very least sign him to multi-fight multi-$million deal then he was bolting.

Comment

Originally posted by NEETzsche View Post
                  Showtime is suddenly looking quite vulnerable. I have to admit I didn't take it seriously when Arum and Hearn predicted them going the way of HBO so soon
                  If CBS really valued and demanded Deontay Wilder's services then all they had to do was to sign him to a long term Multi-$million dollar deal like they did Floyd Mayweather back in 2012.

Comment

Originally posted by champion4ever View Post
                    No, I think it has more to do with trust and checks and balances. If a man has burned you once, then he can easily do it again. So Skipper is the buffer that can help reel Hearn back in the right direction, if he decides to steer to off course.

I don't think some people realise just how closely tied with DAZN Matchroom are.

Hearn has been involved in all DAZN deals at some level. With the Canelo and GGG deals he has openly announced and promoted them on Twitter even though they aren't signed to Matchroom.

He has openly said many times you don't have to sign with Matchroom to fight on DAZN so I don't understand why so many people think Skipper is cutting him out.

It's just how business is done. AJ also met with the heads of DAZN before the Povetkin and Miller fights. It doesn't mean Hearn is stuck on the wayside, it's just how business is done.

Comment

Originally posted by Randall Cunning View Post
                      How do you push PPV as being viable with whats going on at DAZN? The public are going to cotton at some point at being made to pay $75 for fights.
                      As long as people want to watch a fight, they will be willing to pay for it.

If it's a match up people want to see, they will buy it. Regardless of the cost. This is a proven thing.

Comment

Working...
                      X