Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: DAZN Announces Gennady Golovkin's 3-Year, 6-Fight Agreement

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by _Rexy_ View Post
    I don't know if I'd call him faded. He's fadING, but his last two fights were debatable decisions against the top competition he's faced his whole career.

But he is 37 next month, and a 3 year/6 fight deal is still BS in my eyes if Canelo III isn't until the 6th fight.
    hes clearly slowed down alot, hand & foot speed wise and his punch output. i dont know how you can say hes only started to fade when there is a dramatic difference between the golovkin of 5-6 years ago to today, he looks like an old man now albeit a old man that still managed to beat a p4p fighter like canelo...

in an ideal world:

Andrade
    Canelo 3
    Charlo
    >move up to 168 for the final 3 fights

Callum Smith
    BJS/Eubank/whoever has a belt
    Canelo 4?

Comment

Originally posted by mlac View Post
      hes clearly slowed down alot, hand & foot speed wise and his punch output. i dont know how you can say hes only started to fade when there is a dramatic difference between the golovkin of 5-6 years ago to today, he looks like an old man now albeit a old man that still managed to beat a p4p fighter like canelo...

in an ideal world:

Andrade
      Canelo 3
      Charlo
      >move up to 168 for the final 3 fights

Callum Smith
      BJS/Eubank/whoever has a belt
      Canelo 4?
      and that's why I said he's fadING. Even G at 75% is a top fighter at 160 and 168.

Comment

Good for Golovkin; My only question is how much does he has left in the tank and will he be the same fighter that he once was?

He is about turn 37 in a month. While taken a real beating and absorbing some tremendous amount of punishment from the much younger Canelo Alvarez in their rematch.

I just hope that his body is well, healed and fully recuperated from that fight.

Comment

Originally posted by mlac View Post
          6 fights seems a bit much, in 3 years time i will be shocked to see if he can still win at the top level he already seems very faded so i doubt it but looking forward to watching the journey
          Well, he won the last 2.

Comment

As much as I think GGG got done dirty, I'm not tryna see him fight Canelo for the rest of his life.

Why can't Andrade get nobody to fight him man? Smh

Comment

It's gonna be interesting to see if anybody is gonna be able to crack that ATG chin.

Comment

Good call TS... I bet GGGs smiling if that report is anything like accurate. That's minimum $60+ mil with only one opponent who could potentially generate even close to a ROI for DZN. I'd say he made out like fkn bandit there.... well, unless they're planning on having him fight Canelo six times

Comment

Comments Thread For: DAZN Announces Gennady Golovkin's 3-Year, 6-Fight Agreement

The "Is" finally have been dotted and the "Ts" now are crossed on Triple-G's new deal with DAZN. Gennady Golovkin and DAZN group executive chairman John Skipper worked well into the night Thursday to finalize an agreement for the former middleweight champion that has been in the works for months. BoxingScene.com has confirmed that Golovkin's contract is for three years and calls for him to fight twice per calendar year, six fights in all.
                  [Click Here To Read More]

Comment

Great, except the fact that golov will fight a scrubb on June.

Comment

Father time

Comment

Working...
                      X